Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 62039 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2011, 08:06:12 pm »

The Monitor
Jim Groovester: Dariush, Jack AT, Orangebottle, Toaster
Orangebottle: IronyOwl, Leafsnail, NativeForeigner, Pandarsenic
Pandarsenic: Shakerag
Shark: Jim Groovester
Urist_McArathos: Mysteriousbluepuppet

I'm actually going to intercede a bit here, since this is an odd situation. I don't think we've had a situation in my games before where an inactive player who's asked for replacement would have been the lynching vote. Especially not on Day 1, with no real information for people to have been acting on.

In any case: New rule: Any inactive players who are up for Replacement will have their Votes wiped by me. This should prevent any odd sticky votes as well as potential griefing.

To reflect this, I'm going to actually Extend the day until ~5pm Pacific Friday. This should give people a chance to react to this change.

I'll also be updating the Rules section.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2011, 08:08:59 pm »

I assume you're not extending the day a full week or not at all?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2011, 08:09:31 pm »

I'm blind, ignore that.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2011, 08:16:49 pm »

Alright then. Unvote
For the record, I would've been fine with being lynched were Shark not up for replacement. I'm in three games besides this one. But, just letting myself be lynched when the deciding vote is a person who asked for a replacement is A. fucking stupid, and B. more harmful to the town than tying the vote.

Irony: Wow. That's quite a reaction. Care to explain what you were thinking when you switched your vote?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2011, 08:18:49 pm »

Fuck you and hang, scum. Unvote Shark, fucking Orangebottle.

Huh. I can see OB's reason for tying the vote (and I too would be pissed), but your reaction looks more like a bandwagon purely so he'd get lynched. Even more interesting considering you'd basically ignored him all game up until that point. Would you like to explain why his move was enough to go from no attention to an immediate lynchvote, IronyOwl?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2011, 08:19:12 pm »

EBWOP: Damn your ninja ways.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2011, 08:26:36 pm »

Kekekekekekekeke~
I'm just sneaky like that.
My Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2011, 08:34:29 pm »

Irony: Wow. That's quite a reaction. Care to explain what you were thinking when you switched your vote?
That you tied the vote at the last second to save your ass, which is both scummy as fuck and a waste of a day.

Kekekekekekekeke~
I'm just sneaky like that.
This also strikes me as incredibly scummy, though I can't say why. Maybe because it feels like elated RIA scum laughter?

Huh. I can see OB's reason for tying the vote (and I too would be pissed), but your reaction looks more like a bandwagon purely so he'd get lynched. Even more interesting considering you'd basically ignored him all game up until that point. Would you like to explain why his move was enough to go from no attention to an immediate lynchvote, IronyOwl?
He tried to waste a lynch- at the last second so nobody could stop him- in order to save himself. Attempting to ambush-nolynch for no reason other than self preservation doesn't seem scummy to you?

Also, why weren't you voting until now?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2011, 08:46:23 pm »

That you tied the vote at the last second to save your ass, which is both scummy as fuck and a waste of a day.
What makes not wanting to be out of the game a scum-only trait?

This also strikes me as incredibly scummy, though I can't say why. Maybe because it feels like elated RIA scum laughter?
This feels like someone's trying to pad a case against me. It's pretty ridiculous to use that as a voting reason. "Oh, he laughed at posting right before someone, lynch he!"
My Sig

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:32 pm »

Hey, guys. Sorry to waste a day for you, but I'm going to vote for Jim. I'm not going out without a fight, mainly because I came here to play this game, not get lynched by a single unrescindable vote cast on me because some idiot voted for me, then asked for a replacement. That's utter bullshit, and I'm not going to stand for it.
You clearly gave up when you made this post, only seeking to waste our lynch on you tomorrow.

So... yeah.  There isn't really any point in arguing with self-outed scum.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2011, 09:00:31 pm »

You clearly gave up when you made this post, only seeking to waste our lynch on you tomorrow.

So... yeah.  There isn't really any point in arguing with self-outed scum.
Gave up? No. If I'd given up I wouldn't be trying to argue with Irony right now.
Glad to see you're not going to do anything with the extra day.
My Sig

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2011, 09:08:21 pm »

Gave up? No. If I'd given up I wouldn't be trying to argue with Irony right now.
You gave up the pretense that you were town.  Afterall, upon your death your status as a mafia member would be revealed for all to see.  Might as well waste the town's kill for a day if you can, eh?

Of course now that your plan hasn't worked you might as well kick and struggle a bit for the next 24 hours.  You have to play to win, afterall.

Glad to see you're not going to do anything with the extra day.
I'm gonna lynch you, and hopefully when everyone sees you put your own survival above the good of the town (by your own admission) you'll have enough votes to stop you pulling the same stupid stunt again.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2011, 09:18:27 pm »

Hey, guys. Sorry to waste a day for you, but I'm going to vote for Jim. I'm not going out without a fight, mainly because I came here to play this game, not get lynched by a single unrescindable vote cast on me because some idiot voted for me, then asked for a replacement. That's utter bullshit, and I'm not going to stand for it.

Last minute vote gaming is incredibly scummy. Unvote, Orangebottle.

You say you're cool with being lynched if the vote's not cast by someone who's up for replacement. Have it your way.

Unless you come up with an absolutely phenomenal case on somebody I'm not going to reconsider.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »

Irony: Read the thread:
Unvote. I need time to form better suspicions than Shark, and I can't do that with this paper not done.
Basically there was a sociology paper due 21/2 hours ago that I still needed to finish and I felt my case on Shark wasn't good enough for a vote.

Orangebottle:
What makes not wanting to be out of the game a scum-only trait?
Because you're supposed to be playing to win, and finding scum is more important than staying alive for town. Honestly, if you died and were confirmed town, that would at least mean the people voting you would look more at other people tomorrow.

Hey, guys. Sorry to waste a day for you, but I'm going to vote for Jim.
Holy shit Orangebottle, get out. I wasn't even paying attention to the timestamps until Irony mentioned it (partly because I had to look up the Pacific time conversion). I figured we had a couple hours to go. If you had done that before the very end of the fucking day (like a few hours before at least) I'd be more willing to believe you. As it is, die. Mormota pulled that shit at LyLo in BM XXVII and that hurt, so very-last-minute vote shit doesn't fly with me.

Shorten. Screw that auto-extend. GTFO this spaceship.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2011, 09:22:45 pm »

Shorten. Screw that auto-extend. GTFO this spaceship.

Eh, I could use the time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40