Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61891 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2011, 03:23:16 pm »

Cutting Edge: Body double for both.
Why this over mind control?

Unvote Leaf

Dariush, do you consider anger to be a scumtell, towntell, or something else? What about ignoring stupid or pointless questions?

Shark, let's say you're a scum PWV. Would you try to deliberately draw actions onto yourself to make use of it, or just play as normal with an added layer of protection?

Jack, suppose your scumhunting and someone's inspection is in disagreement over whether or not somebody's scum. Which would you trust more?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2011, 03:27:05 pm »

Why unvote without a follow up vote, or question, or anything?  75% of your questions had been answered, so don't try to tell me you're just waiting on the last.

I made that post right before I left for class.

NUKE:
Shakerag: If you were me, and you wanted to end the RVS ASAP, what would you do to make that happen?

[acronym=The hypocrisy is palpable. And fully intentional.][/acronym]

What happened to your railing against the RVS? Why are you participating this time?

Shark: How do you plan to win this game?

Jack A T: Hypothetical situation time: You have one more vote than the person you're voting and are about to be lynched. What would you do?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 03:27:24 pm »

Shakerag: If you were me, and you wanted to end the RVS ASAP, what would you do to make that happen?

Well, it seems like, historically, if you were to mention anything about your RVS philosophy that usually seemed to do the trick. 

Although, I've seen claiming that you're a day-JoaT and inspect someone as a Mafia Watcher achieve that goal pretty well too.
Hmm.
-My RVS philosophy.
-I am a day-JoaT. Shakerag is a Mafia Watcher.
...yeah, I don't think thats going to work. Come on, man. Give me something I can actually work with. Don't make me turn that pressure vote into a lynch vote.
Yeah, let me get right on that.  While I'm at it, should I just play the rest of the game for you too?

Leafsnail: While I can understand and follow your logic, do you really think OB's question was a sly rolefishing attempt as opposed to a random RVS question?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2011, 03:49:07 pm »

Cutting Edge: Body double for both.
Why this over mind control?
Body double is always useful. It can never go wrong.

[acronym=The hypocrisy is palpable. And fully intentional.][/acronym]
What happened to your railing against the RVS? Why are you participating this time?
See nested quote's helpfully broken acronym tags.
The participation is a ruse to lull you into a false sense of security, and then SURPRISE, CRAZY SHIT. I figure folks are becoming wise to me being a nutcase D1, so I need to add an extra layer of deception to get the full RVS-ending effect.

...yeah, I don't think thats going to work. Come on, man. Give me something I can actually work with. Don't make me turn that pressure vote into a lynch vote.
Yeah, let me get right on that.  While I'm at it, should I just play the rest of the game for you too?
Orright, I warned you. That vote? Sticking to you like glue, you SCUM BASTARD.
Heh heh heh heh heh.
But seriously give me something to work with.
Long Live United Forenia!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2011, 04:33:41 pm »

Why unvote without a follow up vote, or question, or anything?  75% of your questions had been answered, so don't try to tell me you're just waiting on the last.

I made that post right before I left for class.

Why was it important enough to unvote, but not important enough to move on to another target?

Leafsnail:  Totem notwithstanding, did you learn anything useful for Mafia in your absence?

Jim:  How does everyone wanting to be your scumbuddy affect your play?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2011, 05:01:53 pm »

Orright, I warned you. That vote? Sticking to you like glue, you SCUM BASTARD.
Heh heh heh heh heh.
But seriously give me something to work with.

Woe is me. 

So if you're saying this is no longer a pressure-vote but a lynch-vote instead, maybe you'd like to back it up with some reasons now?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2011, 05:07:54 pm »

Oh, you must be kidding me.

You have the GALL to ask me for reasons?

After you REFUSED to provide me with a method to end the RVS?

In other words tactically endorsing the INDEFINITE CONTINUATION OF THE RANDOM VOTE STAGE.

DIE IN A FIRE
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2011, 05:37:12 pm »

Why was it important enough to unvote, but not important enough to move on to another target?

It wasn't a matter of importance. I saw that I had forgotten to unvote about five minutes before I had to leave, so I just made a quick post.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2011, 06:32:24 pm »

Leafsnail: While I can understand and follow your logic, do you really think OB's question was a sly rolefishing attempt as opposed to a random RVS question?
I do think so, yes.  It comes down partly to his reaction (deflection isn't a good start).

Leafsnail:  Totem notwithstanding, did you learn anything useful for Mafia in your absence?
I've learnt how to play better in face-to-face mafia to some degree, although that tends to rely on different skills (you have to be much quicker to think, and similarly scumhunting can rely on putting people on the spot).  I suppose that would be useful for responding to and applying pressure, though.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »

Firstly what you're doing is deflection ("I'm not gonna say why what I'm doing isn't bad, but these people are doing something vaguely similar.  That makes it ok, right??").
I know exactly why rolefishing is bad, but I don't think it's rolefishing. See below.

Secondly, the difference is that neither Jim nor IronyOwl's question would actually give you any information about whether they hold the role.  I can answer a question about in which I am hypothetically an agent or a mad scientist without giving any indication as to whether I am that role or not.

However, your question is completely different.  Let's say I said "I would claim before night one to make sure no townies target me".  Tonight, if I haven't claimed, you know I'm not a PWV and I'm a safe kill.  It would be the same for any other condition - if the condition I give passes ("On day 2", "After someone claims they're gonna inspect me" or whatever) then it'd become obvious that I am not a PWV and I am a safe kill.  In other words, I cannot answer your question without giving you information about whether or not I am a PWV.  Hence it is rolefishing.
And if you lie about it, or say that you wouldn't claim?

I'm just trying to figure out how you would handle this situation. Because, using that reasoning to NK you(were I scum) would just be me gulping down wine. Making it useless to use this question for rolefishing.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2011, 07:51:22 pm »

And if you lie about it, or say that you wouldn't claim?
So you're saying that your question is good and not rolefishing if I either ignore your question or lie in response to your question.  Man, it was a good question.  You could make the same argument about the question "What is your role?".

In any case, a townie shouldn't lie except in very dire circumstances (being asked a rolefishing question isn't one of them).  Otherwise there's a pretty high chance they'll be lynched for lying.

I'm just trying to figure out how you would handle this situation. Because, using that reasoning to NK you(were I scum) would just be me gulping down wine. Making it useless to use this question for rolefishing.
Wine doesn't apply if you know the player is not a doppelganger.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2011, 08:24:07 pm »

Urist I:

It wasn't a matter of importance. I saw that I had forgotten to unvote about five minutes before I had to leave, so I just made a quick post.

But it was still worth taking the time to correct it, in Random Vote Stage- why?  What was the harm in leaving your vote there while you went to class?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2011, 08:44:38 pm »

In the hypothetical situation we're speaking about, with you being a PWV and answering
"I would claim before night one to make sure no townies target me"
, which would confirm that you're not a PWV by night one. But that's what you want the scum to think, because you want them targeting you and getting themselves killed.
So yeah, wine still applies.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2011, 08:45:19 pm »

In the hypothetical situation we're speaking about, with you being a PWV and answering
"I would claim before night one to make sure no townies target me"
, which would confirm that you're not a PWV by night one. But that's what you want the scum to think, because you want them targeting you and getting themselves killed.
So yeah, wine still applies.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2011, 08:48:02 pm »

Dariush. I'm really tired of your meta with NUKE. Give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't lynch you right now. Also, tell me what you'd do if NUKE were your scumpartner this game.

This is a strange attitude to have coming out of the gate. Why did you open this way? You're not Dariush or NUKE9.13, so what do you care if they fight each other?

Pandarsenic, you've made yourself scarce recently. Are you going to keep yourself scarce?

I am not.

Good.

Unvote.

Shark: What do you think of the whole Dariush/NUKE meta?

What do you think about it?

Now, what sort of stupid shit should I try to pull this game?

I felt like asking you what the hell you were doing but then I remembered that nothing productive would come out of it.

Let me know if voting Shakerag without a case does anything, not that it will.

Jim:  How does everyone wanting to be your scumbuddy affect your play?

It means I never get to do anything cool during the night because there will be some jackass with a role who screws it up for me. I have to be a lot more careful in the night game because of it.

Except when I'm town. Then it doesn't affect me very much.

Everyone wanting to have me on their team applies to you as well, so I'll fire the same question back at you, and then you and me can feel awesome about ourselves.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40