Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61899 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 11:08:53 am »

Leafsnail:Let's say you're a human war veteran. When would you claim?
Oh hey, that's a subtle way of asking me whether it's safe to kill me tonight.

I refuse to answer this question, Orangebottle.  It's rolefishing, and rolefishing for the role that Doppelgangers would like to identify the most.

Leafsnail, preferred scumbuddies? What scumteam would you most fear as town?
Jim, Toaster, NativeForeigner.  Jim and Toaster because they're good and keep complete control over the game, NativeForeigner because he seems to be able to do absolutely anything and still avoid getting lynched.  Ideally Native would have an Assassin Bot and would immediately use it when the first town PR claims.

I'd most fear a scumteam of lurkers (mixed in among town lurkers) because that would make the game boring and difficult to win.  Assuming an active game, I'd most fear Toaster, Jim, Native and probably Nuke due to their general ability to avoid being lynched.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 11:10:36 am »

Nuke and Joker:  Which of you hates RVS more?
Me, I do. I hate RVS the most.

Nuke, let's say you're a mad scientist. For each variety, which tech do you think you'd pick as town, and which as scum?
Military: Assassin Bot for town, Sentries for scum.
Cutting Edge: Body double for both.
Intelligence: Snooper bot for town, mind shield for scum.

Nuke, are you going to propose a no-lynch on D1 again? Why?
No. Also, try to refrain from referring to games in progress.
Why: Because it doesn't make sense in an open setup in which we know (roughly) what levels of power to expect.

Now, what sort of stupid shit should I try to pull this game?

Shakerag: If you were me, and you wanted to end the RVS ASAP, what would you do to make that happen?

Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 11:27:26 am »

The Monitor
Dariush: Orangebottle
Leafsnail: IronyOwl
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Pandarsenic
NUKE9.13: Dariush
Orangebottle: Leafsnail
Pandarsenic: Jim Groovester, Shakerag
Shakerag: NUKE9.13
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster
Urist_McArathos: Mysteriousbluepuppet

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 12:02:39 pm »

Shakerag: If you were me, and you wanted to end the RVS ASAP, what would you do to make that happen?

Well, it seems like, historically, if you were to mention anything about your RVS philosophy that usually seemed to do the trick. 

Although, I've seen claiming that you're a day-JoaT and inspect someone as a Mafia Watcher achieve that goal pretty well too.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 12:04:49 pm »

Leafsnail:Let's say you're a human war veteran. When would you claim?
Oh hey, that's a subtle way of asking me whether it's safe to kill me tonight.

I refuse to answer this question, Orangebottle.  It's rolefishing, and rolefishing for the role that Doppelgangers would like to identify the most.
You're reading way too fucking far into that question. Why are you getting so defensive over a simple RVS question?

Dariush: Is NUKE scum?
YES HE FUCKING IS! RIGHT, NUKE?!
:|
Also, tell me what you'd do if NUKE were your scumpartner this game.
I'd probably limit myself to just a bit of traditional bussing while seeking out other targets. The 'bus each other until stars fall down' didn't work that awesomely in OM.
So basically, you wouldn't change your play at all?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 12:27:46 pm »

No. Also, try to refrain from referring to games in progress.
Why: Because it doesn't make sense in an open setup in which we know (roughly) what levels of power to expect.
This is... strangely... sane. Oh well. Unvote.

It's 49th reply in the thread, signups and all, and you're already starting to twist my words! I specifically said 'NO. I WOULDN'T do as I did last time'. Oh what the fuck OB, you're slipping on your own RVS question.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2011, 12:38:52 pm »

Uhh, no. That would be me. I hate RVS so much that I took a break from playing so that I wouldn't have to see its ugly face. SO YOU SHUT UP.

It's 49th reply in the thread, signups and all, and you're already starting to twist my words! I specifically said 'NO. I WOULDN'T do as I did last time'. Oh what the fuck OB, you're slipping on your own RVS question.

What? Where? Show me where you specifically said that; certainly not in the post that OrangeBottle quoted.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:46 pm »

I was referring to your usual play, not what happened in Ockham's. Maybe I should've made that clearer.
My Sig

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2011, 12:44:16 pm »

You're reading way too fucking far into that question. Why are you getting so defensive over a simple RVS question?
I'm not being defensive, I'm just pointing out that your question is flagrant rolefishing that no decent townie would want to answer.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2011, 12:59:19 pm »

Uhh, no. That would be me. I hate RVS so much that I took a break from playing so that I wouldn't have to see its ugly face. SO YOU SHUT UP.
I ended a year long break so that I could shout at people for using it. Your so-called hatred is just fear, you snivelling coward. Man up and FIGHT THE POWAH.

Well, it seems like, historically, if you were to mention anything about your RVS philosophy that usually seemed to do the trick. 

Although, I've seen claiming that you're a day-JoaT and inspect someone as a Mafia Watcher achieve that goal pretty well too.
Hmm.
-My RVS philosophy.
-I am a day-JoaT. Shakerag is a Mafia Watcher.
...yeah, I don't think thats going to work. Come on, man. Give me something I can actually work with. Don't make me turn that pressure vote into a lynch vote.
Long Live United Forenia!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2011, 01:08:33 pm »

I'm not being defensive, I'm just pointing out that your question is flagrant rolefishing that no decent townie would want to answer.
What makes my question rolefishing over, say...
McArathos, you're an Agent. You get a PM from someone claiming to be the Agent Operative. What do you do?
Nuke, let's say you're a mad scientist. For each variety, which tech do you think you'd pick as town, and which as scum?
those?
My Sig

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2011, 01:37:47 pm »

What? Where? Show me where you specifically said that; certainly not in the post that OrangeBottle quoted.
I'd probably limit myself to just a bit of traditional bussing while seeking out other targets. The 'bus each other until stars fall down' didn't work that awesomely in OM.
A slightest bit of applied logic would reveal that 1) if I say a strategy didn't work well last time I wouldn't repeat it 2) 'a bit of traditional bussing' != what I did in OM, therefore I will not use the same strategy. Really, I've said the same thing two different ways, specifically for the mentally challenged (wink-wink, OB).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2011, 01:42:03 pm »

Oh wait, I missed this post. Fuck, I should sleep more.
I was referring to your usual play, not what happened in Ockham's. Maybe I should've made that clearer.
So, you imply that 'a bit of traditional bussing' is my usual way of dealing with Nuke, as opposed to the full-on crap-attack from OM. Nice to know. Unvote.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2011, 02:24:56 pm »

What makes my question rolefishing over, say...
McArathos, you're an Agent. You get a PM from someone claiming to be the Agent Operative. What do you do?
those?
Firstly what you're doing is deflection ("I'm not gonna say why what I'm doing isn't bad, but these people are doing something vaguely similar.  That makes it ok, right??").

Secondly, the difference is that neither Jim nor IronyOwl's question would actually give you any information about whether they hold the role.  I can answer a question about in which I am hypothetically an agent or a mad scientist without giving any indication as to whether I am that role or not.

However, your question is completely different.  Let's say I said "I would claim before night one to make sure no townies target me".  Tonight, if I haven't claimed, you know I'm not a PWV and I'm a safe kill.  It would be the same for any other condition - if the condition I give passes ("On day 2", "After someone claims they're gonna inspect me" or whatever) then it'd become obvious that I am not a PWV and I am a safe kill.  In other words, I cannot answer your question without giving you information about whether or not I am a PWV.  Hence it is rolefishing.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 02:36:58 pm »

Imiknorris: Jim, Toaster, or Irony. They're all pretty good about not leaving tells.

Dariush. I'm really tired of your meta with NUKE. Give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't lynch you right now. Also, tell me what you'd do if NUKE were your scumpartner this game.

Are you saying that you would metalynch Dariush because of how he always tries to metalynch NUKE?

On a train.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40