Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin prisoner  (Read 860 times)

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblin prisoner
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:40:07 pm »

Yeah, it's me again. So the last of half a dozen goblin snatchers walked into a cage trap (at which point he was detected. I wanted to release him in the barracks so that my military could get some practice, so I stripped his stuff and ordered him released, but the dwarves just put him in a different cage. How can I release him?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin prisoner
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 04:26:36 am »

Look up Mass pitting on the wiki. Or just put the cages in your barracks, make a pasture on the other side of your barracks, and pasture the caged gobbos there.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 05:46:05 am »

link cage to a lever, pull lever

this is also how to make kittens of death: put all kittens and cats in a cage in a small room with a presure plate. As the goblin thief triggers it, the cats are all released. In a small room they will fight anyway, and the goblin will fight too, creating an early detection system AND an environmental friendly way to avoid catsplosion
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 03:04:25 pm »

link cage to a lever, pull lever

this is also how to make kittens of death: put all kittens and cats in a cage in a small room with a presure plate. As the goblin thief triggers it, the cats are all released. In a small room they will fight anyway, and the goblin will fight too, creating an early detection system AND an environmental friendly way to avoid catsplosion

Thanks! (Now my barracks has a lovely red paint job.;))
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@