Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188262 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

You'll have to get the magma out of Hell AND the Pit House first.

New objective.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

You'll have to get the magma out of Hell AND the Pit House first.

New objective.

That was ALREADY our objective. "Get magma out of Hell" was the objective, until I accidentally flooded the pit-house. Then it was "Get magma out of Hell and Pit-House"

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm still interested in what happened to the resevoir. Come my turn, I'm going to make it my home.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I'm still interested in what happened to the resevoir. Come my turn, I'm going to make it my home.

You had your turn AND you broke the reservoir in it!  I take it you want another one at the end of the queue?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

You had your turn AND you broke the reservoir in it!  I take it you want another one at the end of the queue?

I fear this thread has rend your memory in 0. I'm also turn 10 :P

I AM IN YOUR MIND.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fear this thread has rend your memory in 0. I'm also turn 10 :P

I AM IN YOUR MIND.

Oh yeah... 

Oh and one more thing; STAY AWAY FROM THE MADNESS PLACE.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Oh and one more thing; STAY AWAY FROM THE MADNESS PLACE.

=

Happy place

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Maple555, please upload save.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not autumn yet. Will edit this post when im there.

EDIT: Here we go!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5328
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:05:31 pm by Mapleguy555 »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Okay, I'll be honest, I have not followed either this thread or the original. I do not know what anything looks like, or what anyone has done. I will have to learn everything as I go along. I'll also be finishing off Maple's turn and my own, a total of a year and a half.

I will need an international holiday if I finish my turn successfully.

E: Okay I'm starting...

What the fuck?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:23:34 pm by Mitchewawa »
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'll be honest, I have not followed either this thread or the original. I do not know what anything looks like, or what anyone has done. I will have to learn everything as I go along. I'll also be finishing off Maple's turn and my own, a total of a year and a half.

I will need an international holiday if I finish my turn successfully.

Do you want a quick summary of what I did in the original fortress, or to just be surprised as you explore the place?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update 1

Okay, I've assessed the situation and have come to the conclusion that I need a plan. The plan goes thus:
1. Secure lodgings;
Migranttopia needs to be sustainable. Farms are in order. We need more migrants.
We also need to just cut ourselves off from the world because all of this loot has sky-rocketed our total wealth and we will be invaded soon.
We need to protect our internal affairs, and having exactly forty one ghosts, some of which are violent, will hinder us and our happiness.

2. Foothold in Swordthunders
After we begin to function, we need to take back the soil of Swordthunders. Not all at once; that way lies damnation. Bit by bit, we will place walls as far forward as we can.
Focus on what is important in Swordthunders; industry, farming and housing.

3. Push in Swordthunders
After we're strong enough to kill what is on the other side of the walls, we open up and kill what is waiting for us. Then we push the walls further out, and repeat until all of Swordthunders is taken. Except hell.

4. Superweapon
After we push all the way to the open spires, we set up traps which will allow us to take back hell.

Chances are I won't be able to get up to step 3 in my turn, but it serves as a good guideline.

Do you want a quick summary of what I did in the original fortress, or to just be surprised as you explore the place?

Yes please, a summary would be nice.

E: I'm building 5 craft shops to slab these ghosts. Everyone has been given the masonry and stonecrafting job.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:41:42 pm by Mitchewawa »

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Write in Journal/Diary style please. xD
The Book is now in your hands.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Write in Journal/Diary style please. xD
The Book is now in your hands.

Mitchewawa knows his stuff, don't worry.

Here's a nice little rundown of what I accomplished with Swordthunders
Can someone give a briefing of what the hell is happening here?
(no way I'm going to read 50 pages of old jokes. :P)

Let's see if my list of Insults to Hell is up-to-date...

I made the much-feared Clown Car into a simple game of checkers that anyone can make and play

I built a set of bedrooms, workshops, a small barracks, dining room and food storage INSIDE a Glowing Pit (Hence the name 'Pit House') and made the obligatory 'dining in Hell' joke.

I walled off the edge all around with far fewer dwarven casualties than you might think (Almost all the deaths were from being locked outside during goblin sieges)

When a few guys started going crazy with a quote stack, I forcibly dwarfed them and enslaved them to building the wall as masons

I dug a channel straight down and grew strawberries

I'm flooring over the Glowing Pits and smoothing/engraving all of Hell bit-by-bit in dwarven graffiti

I've raised bees for honey

I've filled the north side with water to create a pleasant beach

I've built one-room villas around what will be a pleasant lake for my dwarves to live in

I've declared myself King of Dwarven Hell

I'm having the dwarves use adamantine floors to mark the work "SWORDTHUNDERS" on Hell's surface to show just who it belongs to (with a border around the letters made of wood from the surface)

I think I'm missing a few of the insults to Hell I've made.  Anyone remember the others?

Since that list, I also finished by flooding Hell with magma.  To the brim.  You should also be aware that someone (*cough*Oliolli*cough*) flooded the Pit House by removing one of the upper-level walls at the top of Hell to see how deep the magma was.  Completely full, as it turned out.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:38:41 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's amazing. I've never ever seen anything like it; you actually got a bee hive working? That shit's like the epitome of tedious micromanagement!

Anyway, engraving all these slabs will suck the utmost of dick because it doesn't distinguish unburied and buried dwarfs, so I need to go through the entire thing with a checklist of dwarfs I need to engrave. And the engraving menu is like 500 dwarfs long.

Ughhhhh...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 167