Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reserved Jugs  (Read 478 times)

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
Reserved Jugs
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:01:36 am »

I've been reflecting on recent job cancellations for pressers. Jug shortages tend to happen unless I'm producing masses of them. Storing royal jelly in stockpiles has claimed a large part of the supply and the cooks aren't too interested in using the stuff for meal prep. Typically when I've had similar issues in the past with barrel supply, I've reduced the work interruption by keeping some number reserved (for brewing jobs).

It would be useful to have the same ability with jugs as one has with barrels and bins.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
Re: Reserved Jugs
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:13:49 am »

I've been reflecting on recent job cancellations for pressers. Jug shortages tend to happen unless I'm producing masses of them. Storing royal jelly in stockpiles has claimed a large part of the supply and the cooks aren't too interested in using the stuff for meal prep. Typically when I've had similar issues in the past with barrel supply, I've reduced the work interruption by keeping some number reserved (for brewing jobs).

It would be useful to have the same ability with jugs as one has with barrels and bins.

This is great idea.

In fact, every container should be reservable.