Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236219 times)

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #1815 on: March 15, 2012, 06:04:19 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:57:53 pm by Omicega »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 15, 2012, 06:15:05 pm »

"Um, yes.  I'll try to, uh, keep them calm."

'Assuming they talk to me before they do anything rash...'
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 15, 2012, 06:27:49 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:57:45 pm by Omicega »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 15, 2012, 06:31:44 pm »

I smile, small but genuine, as she prepares to leave.

"Thanks, Falcata."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Omicega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 15, 2012, 06:43:37 pm »

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:57:28 pm by Omicega »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 15, 2012, 07:58:09 pm »

Jaxler woke up in his room. He had a splitting head ache and noticed that there were 3 empty barrels scattered around in the apartment. When he got out of bed he scanned his surrounding more thoroughly he noticed that his crossbow was nowhere to be found, which wasn't out of the ordinary, but he would haft to search around for it. Knowing that needed to have someway of defend himself he went over to his coffer and took out his brass-horseshoes. After leaving his room Jaxler walked around the fort for about an hour before finding the whereabouts of his weapon. His crossbow was in the hands of a small pony.

"HAY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT CROSSBOW!"
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 15, 2012, 08:13:38 pm »

Oh man this is so totally bucking rad! I thought, the greatest grin splattered on my face.

Jaxler's gonna be so pissed when he wakes up without his beloved crossbow! I snicker to myself, my body barely able to contain my excitement!

It was a simple task, break into Jaxler's apartment after he passes out, find his crossbow, take it, and then run like hell! Thanks to my eldest sister's cat, I learned quickly how to run long distances without tripping or getting tired out if I did, well then Mr. Fluffykins would leave some lasting damage... Regardless, I was very slow to tire, and it had it's perks, I could run a lap around the keep without breaking a sweat! But I ended up running several instead.

I was tired, I knelt down against the crossbow and almost dozed off, when I heard it...

"HAY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT CROSSBOW!"

Oh dear... "Hey Jaxler, uh... is that a sentient floating keg of booze punching Stiletto in the face?!"

Hoping he takes his eyes off me for a split second, I dart off sprinting away.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:18:07 pm by L1wW »

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 15, 2012, 08:28:09 pm »

Now that Jaxler knew that somepony had stolen his crossbow he was really, really, pissed. After noticing that Granite was running Jaxler flew up a few feet into the air and gave chase.

"GIVE ME BACK MY DAMNED CROSSBOW, GRANITE!"

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 15, 2012, 08:34:25 pm »

Oh crap he started flying already! I really start going, galloping as quickly as possible.

"Ah come on Jaxler! You'll have to catch me first!" I stick my tongue out at him, careful to keep low and avoid trampling some poor pony. I dive over a fruitstand and keep moving, trying to reach the moat at the edge of the walls.

Almost there... As I reach my destination I jump in the air and dive in the moat. I yell out "Let's see if a pegasus can swim!"

Thank god all the time in the well taught me how to swim...

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 15, 2012, 08:42:39 pm »

Jaxler kept on chasing Granite. Jaxler was flapping his wings at an alarming rate and refused to let the Foal get out of his sight for more then a moment. when Granite Jumped into the water Jaxler followed, but there was one problem. The poor pegasus actually didn't know how to swim and sunk like a rock.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 15, 2012, 08:54:58 pm »

Oh crap Jaxler's drowning! Crap, crap, crap! Okay, maybe I could shoot him in the leg with a bolt attached to a rope. No, no, that would cause a metric tone of pain! Wait, maybe he could take it, and now he's really drowning. Crap!

I test my idea, I shoot Jaxler in the leg with the crossbow, it hits. The water turns a slight crimson, oh crap! I quickly extend his wings and put the wooden weapon beneath his body. He sowly floats to the surface as I rip out the bow string and tie a knot around the bolt's shaft. I bear the other end in my teath and swim up to reach the surface, the crossbow making his body slightly lighter.

I haul myself out of the water and drag Jaxler out by the string rigged to the bolt imbeded in his front leg. I then try to stomp on Jaxler's chest in an attempt at CPR.

He's going to be so pissed.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:52 pm »

As Jaxler sinks in the water he feels a sharp pain in his hind leg, a bolt from his crossbow had embedded it's self in his leg and then to make things worse he was being dragged out of the water by said bolt. Once he gets out of the water he realizes that his crossbow's string was pulling him which pissed him off even more. But just before Jaxler was about react he felt Granite stomp on his midsection, which caused Jaxler to snap. Right before Granite could manage to stomp him again he bucked Granite in his left Kidney, his brass horseshoe leave a dark hoof shaped outline. After Granite hit the ground Jaxler gets up and ignores the pain in his leg as he inspects his crossbow.

"Ya know... your lucky I'm a guard, and your even luckier that you didn't kill yourself with this thing"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:43:52 pm by jaxler »

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 15, 2012, 09:20:44 pm »

If the air hadn't escaped my body with that hit I would have yelled out: "OW BUCKING HELL WHAT THE BUCKING BUCK BUCK-BUCK!!!"
But instead I slump over and writhe in pain on the ground.

"Jaxler *cough* oh god... what the buck man?! I just save your drunk ass from drowning and you kick me the kidney! Was the *cough* *cough* was the bucking horseshoe necessary?!"

"Owwww!" I whine out.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 15, 2012, 09:24:44 pm »

"You stole my bucking crossbow, if you were anypony else I'd still be beating living tar out of you. Do you even realize how dangerous this crossbow is?"

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 15, 2012, 09:31:40 pm »

"I didn't steal it, I borrowed it, and really, dangerous? I find that funny..."

I look up to Jaxler from my position on the ground, a tear comes to my eye, my mouth quivers almost ready to say 'sorry' but then,

I yell out, "So Jaxler, HOW DOES IT FEEL TO GET SHOT IN THE KNEE BY A FOAL?!"

"I USED TO BE AWESOME LIKE YOU, BUT THEN YOU TOOK A BOLT TO THE KNEE!!!"
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 239