Author Topic: How?  (Read 1163 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How?
« on: November 18, 2011, 03:37:35 pm »

How do I insert pictures and junk when i post on the forums
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:43:08 pm »

First you have to upload the image you want so that it's actually on the internet. Then, you find the URL for the image itself (not the page it's on) and put that between [ img ][ /img ] tags.

If the image is very big, like if it takes more than 1/3 of a screen height or width, it's typically considered polite to put the image inside spoiler tags.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »

I recommend i.imgur.com. Easiest thang ever.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 06:14:47 pm »

I use img.ie myself.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:17:37 pm »

As does basically everyone else on the forum.

About 90% of their membership is from here.
*Hugs*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 10:01:18 pm »

I use tinypic. It works relatively quickly and I've never heard of i.imgur.com before.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 02:29:11 am »

I've heard of all of those, but I use photobucket... simply because it's what I grabbed first, it works, and I haven't tried anything else. Now I'm beginning to wonder if i.imgur/img.ie is better... Just out of curiosity.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 03:42:52 am »

Ahah, I knew this would be more helpful than it first seemed.

Link to an image posting tutorial in images.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95515.msg2719283#msg2719283
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 03:44:26 am »

Other forum-related hints:
  • You should make sure your thread titles a descriptive. "How?" doesn't tell anyone much about what the thread is.
  • Post in the correct forum/subforum. You posted this in "DF Gameplay Questions".
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 07:20:43 am »

Other forum-related hints:
  • You should make sure your thread titles a descriptive. "How?" doesn't tell anyone much about what the thread is.
  • Post in the correct forum/subforum. You posted this in "DF Gameplay Questions".
You forgot:
3: Search, we've already had this damned topic half a dozen times.
*Hugs*

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 01:25:24 pm »

K thanks I hate search its anoyying didnt know I was in the wrong thing I was sleepy that time.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:58 pm »

K thanks I hate search its anoyying didnt know I was in the wrong thing I was sleepy that time.

"I hate search is anoyying"? I hate misspellings are annoying. I hate people who don't do work themselves are annoying. I admit, I have done both in the past, but I fixed the former and appologised for the latter.
Misspelling intentional, to increase irony. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 09:24:42 pm »

i hat gramere polise soe thare.Well this thread might as well be closed ,how do I do that?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 09:32:57 pm »

i hat gramere polise soe thare.Well this thread might as well be closed ,how do I do that?
As the creator of the thread, when you post a reply, before hitting "post", look in "attachments and other options". There should be an option to lock the thread.

Also, you can put [.img width=x.]url[./img.] to change the size of the image.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 11:38:43 pm »

K well im gonna lock the thread cause its stoopid.Thanks again for the learning.