Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 314 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Pets
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:26:09 pm »

do pets count towards my animal limit and if yes, is there a penalty free way to get rid of them?

aside: Argh, first a bone carver because i have no shell, now a glass maker because i have no glass.... fey moods are killing me
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Pets
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 01:34:12 pm »

Yes, pets do count against your animal limit.  The limit is per-species however, so it's not like having a dozen pet cats will stop you from getting any more war dogs.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:58:04 pm »

for some reason everyone brings a pet lamb...
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »

for some reason everyone brings a pet lamb...
Whool, bone and meat, for a limited grass need : Sheep herding is not a bad deal. Pet sheeps will be the breeders.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:53 pm »

I'm already a sheep farmer :p much easier to maintain than the bigger grazers, and you get wool, and the cost is your iron embark anvil and a piece of food (102 pts), or just sump the fibers and cloth you get at embark. (dont need it unless you count on getting in a fight the first or second season, after that your pig-tail production should be starting up)

other things i do without: quiver, by the time i train archers i can make them myself, or buy them from any caravan. Rope, almost the same, crutches and splints, see cloth and thread. saves a lot of points