Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stunned Speechless  (Read 1239 times)

Crozarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stunned Speechless
« on: November 06, 2011, 01:45:30 am »

I was starting a new fortress, got my entrance up, made a stockpile, 2 work benches, pasture, the works. I was in the middle of designating my living and storage areas when I start getting messages about people getting interrupted. Suddenly, one of my guys gets struck down. I investigate just in time to see my entire starting population save for one Miner and a Farmer get mauled to death by an Enraged Badger Sow.

My friend seemed to think it was funny as hell.

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
Re: Stunned Speechless
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:47:09 am »

They're the current DF's landcarp. Reclaim, you'll have even more junk!

And it is funny.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 02:14:33 am »

And that was just one badger.  Usually they appear in storms.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 02:59:24 am »

Giant badgers have been the doom of many a fort that thought a serene good biome would equate to a friendly biome.  Normal badgers are usually annoying and a bit hilarious, in my opinion.  Giant badgers are bad news, even dangerous to dwarves armed and in armor.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 03:05:11 am »

You shall know why you fear the conga lines.
(bonus points if you catch the boogyman reference)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 04:36:21 am »

Giant badgers have been the doom of many a fort that thought a serene good biome would equate to a friendly biome.  Normal badgers are usually annoying and a bit hilarious, in my opinion.  Giant badgers are bad news, even dangerous to dwarves armed and in armor.

Don't unicorns live in good biomes as well?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 05:57:35 am »

Don't unicorns live in good biomes as well?
Yes, but a lucky dwarf can take down a unicorn. It'd take either one really lucky dwarf or a lot of lucky dwarfs to take down the hordes of badgers. Maybe one day they'll learn badgers love mushrooms, but I don't think so. Nor will dwarfs be able to give up mushroom booze.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 06:56:33 am »

Odd..

Giant badgers never really bother me. They have frequented my last 3 forts but they've only killed one guy and crippled two. and THAT was because I hunted them with wooden spears.. all the rest of the time they've steered clear of my dwarves and my dwarves have steered clear of them.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

DisgruntledPeasant

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 08:27:43 am »

Badgers are pretty badass,  in my current fortress im in a savage jungle (bordering a haunted area, so i get a few undead too).
I had a herbalist punch a godamn werewolf to death when he was attacked by one,  yet a couple of giant badgers are terrorising the hell out of my entire fortress!

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 06:08:34 pm »

It says she's not enraged any more, so that's good.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.