Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ways to use a caged giant desert scorpion?  (Read 1882 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to use a caged giant desert scorpion?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 12:06:18 am »

... Desert Scorpion VS GCS.
Sounds like a B-level horror movie. Desert Scorpion vs Giant Cave Spider VII:Return of the Spiderlings!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

restricted

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Ass Fiends]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 12:08:51 am »

... Desert Scorpion VS GCS.
Sounds like a B-level horror movie. Desert Scorpion vs Giant Cave Spider VII:Return of the Spiderlings!

Honestly, I just want to see the winner. Too lazy to stop my current fortress for 5 min to test in the arena. And if I really wanted things to be fun, I'd suggest scorpion vs cave dragon. Sure the scorpion's going to die, but will it be able to poison the dragon first? And will the dragon die of said poison? :O

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 01:34:38 am »

I can do that with cages i bought from merchants? (That's how i got the scorpion)

A cage is a cage. All cages can be built and subsequently designated as prisons or zoos, or used in cage traps assuming they're empty.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 12:11:17 pm »

Mod it with the [CAN_LEARN] tag or whatever it is, then train it on captured goblins. When it becomes legendary, have it fight in seiges.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 04:38:25 am »

GCS and GS have only one correct use. Sacrifice pit. For Armok.
Pages: 1 [2]