Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: game too easy  (Read 9342 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: game too easy
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 04:40:23 pm »

There are no FBs, GCS, blind cave ogres or *gasp* crundles topside. Just saying.
If you going to build outside use the Monster Hunter mod, sem-megabeast level creatures are wildlife in that mod....
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 06:38:33 pm »

There are no FBs, GCS, blind cave ogres or *gasp* crundles topside. Just saying.
If you going to build outside use the Monster Hunter mod, sem-megabeast level creatures are wildlife in that mod....
Monster Hunter + Fortress Defense = dear god, oh no, the overworld is a hellstorm of murder blenders
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

Monster Hunter + Fortress Defense = dear god, oh no, the overworld is a hellstorm of murder blenders
Fortress Defense and a few self-imposed rules (no walls, no danger rooms, few traps) make for a really difficult game.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 06:48:37 pm »

Without self imposed rules, above ground fort's aren't really above ground fort's :/

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 04:42:44 am »

Fortress Defense and a few self-imposed rules (no walls, no danger rooms, few traps) make for a really difficult game.
FD nerfed traps, you may use as many as you want.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Vindictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 05:22:45 am »

Set up a danger room as a civilian training course, and then demand that all migrants and small children spend a season in it before they are allowed in the fort proper as citizens.

Oh, and remember- Wooden spears are for pansies. Be a dwarf; use some proper iron.
Well, I now have an urge to end sentient life.

I think I'll go meditate for a bit.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 05:53:18 am »

I also assumed I'd need power for all my traps (how does it spin otherwise?), so held off building them until I'd learned about power.

We'd finally have a use for the nuclear bomb energy equivalent power reactors people keep building.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 11:32:01 am »

IMO megaprojects are more rewarding when you KNOW that they cost hundreds of dwarven lives

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 11:46:38 am »

If DF is EASY, you're doing it wrong.

Definition of "doing DF right": Managing your fortress in such a way that you have to worry about seasonal mass murder of dwarves for some reason other than your migrant room.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 11:55:42 am »

I belive I should note that the OP has only 2 posts, and the one that started this thread is the second. I smell an elf.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Boost One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 11:45:43 pm »

I belive I should note that the OP has only 2 posts, and the one that started this thread is the second. I smell an elf.

Can't smell elves - the skinny bastards bathe too often. What you mean to say is, you can't smell a dorf.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 06:50:50 pm »

But you can smell a crundle, and this thread reeks of it.

Vindictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2011, 03:20:27 pm »

There is only one thing that can be done.

We must call in Necro.
Well, I now have an urge to end sentient life.

I think I'll go meditate for a bit.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2011, 03:23:42 pm »

There is only one thing that can be done.

We must call in Necro.

No. Just no.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 03:29:44 pm »

*Ahem*
NEEEECROOOOOOOO, HERE ARE SOME GUYS WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD DO IF YOU FOUND ELVES IN THE BAY12 FORUMS!
*Hides in fear of the great Necro and the molten blood of the mountains*
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6