Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Weaponize This (devlog quote)  (Read 36148 times)

Mdort Goblinsmiter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • JDS on YouTube!
Re: Weaponize This (devlog quote)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 07:48:45 pm »

Haha... they aught to claim a coffin as a bedroom. :D
Check out my Dwarf Fortress tutorial series on Youtube.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 07:49:20 pm »

And yet, the vampires ARE your citizens!  Do we cast out our own simply because they are different or suffer a medical condition?  ...wait, nevermind, that doesn't work here.

I plan on making sure all my vampire citizens are well taken care of.  Or, dead at the bottom of the well.

True, but I'm presuming that vampire dwarves become a menace to the fortress and its inhabitants, in order to balance out the fact that they're stronger and faster than normal. Things like sleeping for long periods of time, endangering the other dwarves' lives, and possibly scaring them, which would prevent them from getting things done.
Meaning I would be torn between not wanting to kill my little bearded bloodsuckers, but also not wanting to look around my fortress and realize that half the population is sleeping in the burial chamber.
The vampire dwarves are going to feed.  ;D
Toady said this on the front page

Haha... they aught to claim a coffin as a bedroom. :D
That'd be funny, but a tad too obvious  :P

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 07:51:11 pm »

If they were claiming coffins, they'd stick out pretty big.  The idea is to make them blend in :P

Also I think vampire dwarves are going to act primarily like a normal dwarf, except for bouts of blood drinking and/or transformation, not to mention their odd skills.

Also: a vampire drinking blood is normal.  A dwarf drinking vampire blood is what passes the curse.  That's why mine are going to be dead in the bottom of the well.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »

Would they die if they didn't feed? Can they still get stuff done? Because I think making all of my nobles vampires living in their own upper fortress level with luxurious bedrooms and such while the real dwarves sleep below in the dirt, mud and pebbles.

Kylarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »

Can't wait till this happens. I want to build a tantrum spiral/loyalty cascade based off of this. It'd be like one of those murder mysteries, but with axes, booze and magma.
You mean the ability to have endless training dummies, a carpet of eyestalks and tendrills, and a plant that both makes for some good grizzled sea man hard liquor AND the ability to turn your dwarves into the Night“s Watch...not reward enough?

Boost One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:49 pm »

True, but I'm presuming that vampire dwarves become a menace to the fortress and its inhabitants, in order to balance out the fact that they're stronger and faster than normal.

Loitering on street corners, playing their music too loud, using up all the bog roll and not replacing it, taking your cake from the fridge. :(

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 08:06:07 pm »

The vampire dwarves are going to feed.  ;D
Toady said this on the front page

Like, in order to survive? That would mean a vampire containment room would just be leaving them all to starve to death...Fuck.

Now I'm going to have to think of a way to keep the vampire dwarf population alive and contained without going all Aztec on my dwarves to keep them sustained.

Damn my sympathy, always creating moral dilemmas for me!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:01 pm »

Hammerer.

Pick the "right" criminal.

Justice is served.

I sense Justice abuse about to be served £:<

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 08:09:30 pm »

Identify it, draft it into the militia and danger room it up to Legendary.  Then give it a fancy red coat and hat before having it sealed away in a small room on it's own deep in the fortress for the day it is needed to kill other monsters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »

Someday, you will have to choose. You will have to choose who's side you're on, what you're going to live for, what you're going to die for. You'll have to choose, Vampires, Dwarves or Lycan's.

Also, Vampire paratroop squadron ftw! (Retractable drawbridge overlooking your entrance....)

Boost One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 08:19:14 pm »

Hammerer.

Pick the "right" criminal.

Justice Dinner is served.

Ba-doom-tish.

I suppose that if there's a shortage of bedrooms, new migrants might have to stay in the spare house for a night while the bedrooms are dug. Fortunately it's quite a comfortable mansion... the old rumours about it are nonsense, ignore them.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 08:23:51 pm »

Ok migrants, now you just wait here in this windlowless room outside with only one exit until sunrise, 'cos obviously no vampires will come to drink the blood of OVER A DOZEN JUICY DWARVES.
*Sets cage trap*
*Hides behind boulder*

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 08:32:09 pm »

Hopefully they will make use of all those barrels of blue jay blood and such the caravans love to bring. That would be a good tell.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 09:08:23 pm »

Oh god yes if we could finally use blood barrels that would be FANTASTIC!  Watch them go to the stockpile and then "has enjoyed a decadent drink lately."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 09:12:04 pm »

*When preferred, Tormid NotVampire likes to drink drake blood*

Hom nom nom nom.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16