Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.  (Read 12122 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: New ways to make fun at school and annoy people.
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2011, 05:23:25 pm »

'Cause letter of reccomendation?
You don't get letters of reccomendation normally.  The question I'm asking is why them being an MP would change that at all.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2011, 05:41:45 pm »

I never found it that funny to let all people who weren't white, straight, cisgendered, blond, blue-eyed, lutheran, capitalist, thin, able-bodied, able-minded men that they were unwelcome in favor of a prank.  Especially not IN FUCKING POLAND.  Wow, that's a place that wants to be reminded of the Nazi regime REALLY soon.

Don't do anything disgusting.

Sorry, is there a verb missing there?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2011, 05:52:00 pm »

Yeah, the missing verb is "know."  Sorry about that.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2011, 07:07:24 pm »

Hello. I will be your insensitive bastard for this evening. I apologize for the inconveniece. Thank you.

IN FUCKING POLAND.  Wow, that's a place that wants
to be reminded of the Nazi regime REALLY soon.

It wasn't in my lifetime. I'm guessing it probably wasn't in yours. It certainly wasn't in the lifetime of any student in high school today.

It's unnecessary to hold pain in your heart inherited from previous generations. And that's part of the point. When I see a nazi flag, I don't get angry and I don't think it's healthy for other people to get angry over it either. You don't see people freaking out over the Rwandan genocide, do you? And that happened within our lifetime.

"Oh, but that happened to people in totally a different country, so we're not emotionally attached to it."

Ok. But for those of us in america, the nazi regime also happened in a totally different country. But if you were to put a nazi flag on a flagpole here, people would freak out and cry for days. It would probably make the newspaper, there'd be protests and sit-outs and the school principal would have to field phone calls from parents and give an official statement about how terribly sorry he was.

Why? Seriously, why?

I wouldn't have gone to new york on september 12th, 2001 to make jokes about airplane crashes. But for people that get distraught about something that happened to their grandparent's generation on a different continent...isn't it time to stop getting angry about something that didn't even happen to you?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2011, 07:15:21 pm »

My step-grandmother was born and raised in Nazi Germany, and a member of the Hitler Youth.  She hates war.  Absolutely despises it.  She came to visit us once when an earthquake struck and seemed to have a PTSD-like reaction.  See, she grew up in a little village, working in the fields, covering herself with straw and pressing her body to the earth when the Allies' airplanes swooped by overhead and shot at them.

I have no idea how she'd feel if she saw a flag from that era, but I suspect it would be extremely emotionally painful.

Furthermore, it is still a gesture of hatred to fly that flag.  Like it or not, symbols do not lose their meanings that easily.  Like it or not, the people the Nazis killed in numbers of millions are still being discriminated against today, in this very country.

Like it or not, I do care, and this does still influence people.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2011, 07:16:30 pm »

Furthermore, it is still a gesture of hatred to fly that flag.  Like it or not, symbols do not lose their meanings that easily.  Like it or not, the people the Nazis killed in numbers of millions are still being discriminated against today, in this very country.
Ironically enough, they probably face more discrimination in the US than they do in Germany.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2011, 07:20:08 pm »

Yup.

Oh, and by the way, it's illegal to fly a Nazi flag in a number of countries.  I believe Poland is one of them.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2011, 07:37:53 pm »

Hmph. You can't even buy a copy of Mein Kampf around here.

Flying a Nazi flag, or for that matter acting out any of the "pranks" LordBucket calls "standard" would end up with being expelled from any half-respectable school. I've seen people getting kicked out for less than that.
All in all, a really fantastic way of causing your parents a nervous breakdown, as befitting of a loving son.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2011, 08:07:37 pm »

Indeed. A better prank might be this: select a teacher who has a small, hopefully light car. Get a group of people, lift that car up from its parking spot, and bring it into the school building.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2011, 08:56:31 pm »

any of the "pranks" LordBucket calls "standard" would end up with being expelled from any half-respectable school.

I take it senior pranks aren't custom in your part of the world? It might be a california thing, but here, it's a fairly well accepted practice that the senior class does a school-wide prank during the last few months before graduating. And when I said "standard" I meant that quite literally. The tires-on-the-flagpole prank, for example, has been floating around at least since 1965. Here's somebody who did it more recently.

Granted, I went to high school in the pre-911 era, and people were generally less uptight back then, but the welding one is the only one that I'd expect anyone to be expelled for, and that because it's the only one that causes property damage. Minor classroom pranks like the laser pointers and alarm clocks and so so forth generally just resulted in the items being confiscated. Depending on the teacher that kind of thing usually wouldn't even merit a detention.

EDIT:
No, this isn't just a california thing:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senior_prank

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2011, 09:32:52 pm »

Yeah, last year in my (Washington) high school, people from the Alternative Energies, Welding, AutoCAD, and Electronics classes convened to reassemble the AutoCAD teacher's car in the Welding shop. Fun times. It took a while for them to clear the way out, but luckily part of the wall was removable and they could get it out.

Also, it ran better coming out than before we brought it in.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2011, 04:08:50 am »

Yea, I think we have a stricter set up over here in the UK, as things like those metioned just simply wouldnt be tolerated in a half decent school. The "senior pranks" in particular: I know of tamer incidents that have led to individuals not being allowed to sit GCSE or A-Level exams. Not many people are idiotic enough to jeapordise thier long term future over such juvenile acts.

My personal fave incident (not really a prank, just me not knowing what the hell a teacher meant) weas when one asked me to empty the boot of her car. What she meant was "bring me the pile of books". When she got to her office to find te spare wheel, pacel shelf, jack, carpet, spare fuel tank, etc. she probably wasnt happy. Thing is, I actually didnt know the differece. :)
This is a blank sig.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2011, 05:30:33 am »

I came here expecting a list of ways to piss people off in school. So far no one's given any good class trolling techniques and you're all giving DarkWolfXV grammer nazi grief because he's a 13 year old Polish kid who learned to speak English 2 years ago. Now, if I recall, English is a pretty tough language, especially for non English speaking children..
 ;D
THIS. Actually i was looking for class trolling techniques, not other stuff.

I came here expecting a list of ways to piss people off in school.
So far no one's given any good class trolling techniques

If you're looking for pranks, I can think of several, but the OP generally gave an impression of looking for something on roughly the level of fart jokes. If you want something a little classier, just off the top of my head:

Standard senior class pranks:
 * Used auto tires cost money to be disposed of. If you go to a mechanic that installs tires, very often they're very happy to give the used ones to you. Get a truckload of them and loop them onto the school flagpole. All the way to the top.
 * Or, much easier, far more likely to generate a reaction, and more difficult for the janitor to remove: get a nazi flag and duct tape it to the top of the pole.
 * On the day of finals, or national testing, bring a blowtorch and weld the doors shut with everyone inside.
 * Most school lockers have slots in the doors wide enough to slide paper into. Print out political propaganda, photoshopped pictures of the principal's head on somebody's naked body, etc. and put them in everyone's locker.

Pranks that can be done solo:
 * Get a laser pointer. Hide it in your hand, and draw smiley faces on the walls while the teacher is at the chalkboard. Everyone will laugh. When the teacher turns around to see why, turn it off. Repeat. Hold it in your holds in front of you close to the edge of your desk so you can push it into your lap and instantly show that your hands are empty.
 * Bang snaps. With practice you can flick them with a finger with enough force to detonate them on a wall.
 * Teachers often leave their classes unlocked during lunch. Get an alarm clock and plug it into the outlet underneath their teachers desk. Set it to go off during class. Bonus credit: get enough alarm clocks to put one under every teacher's desk in the building. Get friends to help. Synchronize your watches so you can set them all to go off at the same time.
Laser stuff is pretty much hard in my class becouse i am forbidden to have such things and most of classmates would tell teacher im doing it anyway.

Yup.

Oh, and by the way, it's illegal to fly a Nazi flag in a number of countries.  I believe Poland is one of them.
Yes, becouse it is very offending to older people who survived WWII as Poland was one of most touched by it.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2011, 10:18:19 am »

I guess flying hammer and sickle flags are out of the question as well. Ever heard of man made famines? Then again, how many innocent people have been killed by the American government?

This is a complete derail, back on topic, I remember my friends and I just printing out random pictures and taping them to class room walls before the teacher got in. Confusion ensued for everyone but us. Also, the school librarian was a complete dick and flipped shit whenever anyone printed things on the library printer. I think you can figure out what we did.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:20:09 am by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2011, 01:14:39 pm »

i am forbidden to have such things

most of classmates would tell teacher im doing it anyway.

...so you're looking for class trolling techniques, but only things you have permission to do and that you won't get in trouble for?

...k. Care to give some examples? Not many things comes to mind that meet your criteria.

I guess flying hammer and sickle flags are out of the question as well.

What about a pentagram? Likely to anger christians, and when they start babbling about satanism and witchcraft, point out that they were responsible for the Salem witch trials, and yet they wouldn't freak out over having a cross on display.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8