Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224662 times)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #2070 on: November 17, 2011, 07:20:49 pm »

I've just read My Little Dashie.
I swear, I'm crying like a little baby over here. :'(

Agreed, it was the first thing in a while that made my cry.

Cue Dsarker(IIRC) coming in here and stomping all over your emotions because he didn't think it was sad.  :P
Nope, that's TBP, if I recall correctly.

Also, Fniff, that's... that's quite something! Is it supposed to be a sort-of sequel to My Little Dashie? So, in your story, she does remember her dad? That could be... complicated. But also really awesome if done well!
Though I don't really like any of the main cast getting killed. I'd probably read it nonetheless.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 17, 2011, 07:24:34 pm »

I've just read My Little Dashie.
I swear, I'm crying like a little baby over here. :'(

Agreed, it was the first thing in a while that made my cry.

Cue Dsarker(IIRC) coming in here and stomping all over your emotions because he didn't think it was sad.  :P
Nope, that's TBP, if I recall correctly.

Also, Fniff, that's... that's quite something! Is it supposed to be a sort-of sequel to My Little Dashie? So, in your story, she does remember her dad? That could be... complicated. But also really awesome if done well!
Though I don't really like any of the main cast getting killed. I'd probably read it nonetheless.

I was wondering about that. Seems to fit much better.

10 bits says it is Twilight that gets offed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: November 17, 2011, 07:26:13 pm »

Who says it has to be one of the main cast? I'm certain Dash has a few other friends.

Of course, brutally murdering some of the side characters would probably piss off even more people than the main 6.

...hmm.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 17, 2011, 07:39:14 pm »

inb4scootaloo  ::)

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 17, 2011, 07:41:51 pm »

Scoot's already been beaten enough. I was personally thinking Derpy. She's supposedly mentally disabled, so people are afraid to touch her.

Well, people who aren't me.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 17, 2011, 07:42:46 pm »

Dammit, guys, stop letting your hopes up. Twilight is my favorite pony. And Derpy is Derpy.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 17, 2011, 07:59:41 pm »

Oh hey, I've found yet another fanfic by Dsarker. Don't know if that's all there is. Haven't read it because the first comment to that story was:
Quote from: Flying Dice
Nooooo don't eat Fluttershy!
So, yeah...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 17, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »

All right, I gave it a shot and watched it. Sorry guys - it was nice, certainly not as bad as I'd originally thought it would be, but still not exactly my thing. Much thanks anyway, though. :) Now at least I won't look like quite so much of an idiot the next time somebody starts talking about it.

Which episode(s) did you watch?  I didn't really get into it in the two Nightmare Moon episodes honestly.  It took some time exploring the fandom in other ways (fanart and comics mostly) before I really began to appreciate the whole thing.

Of course, it's to be expected that not everyone will like it.  At least you can say you watched it and have some room to discuss it if someone pesters you about not loving it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 17, 2011, 08:29:19 pm »

My little dashie is the first story that has ever made me cry and im crying so much right now

O        O
'       
          '
'          '
 ______
/______\

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 17, 2011, 08:33:42 pm »

I've started on my Derpy gorefic. It hasn't gotten to the good part yet, though, so don't worry about having a weak stomach. Feel free to comment here or on the document's comments.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kb8G1bLybO-BuPguFAWUF4AZ3WoX2cX56HTHyWGP5eI/edit

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 17, 2011, 08:34:37 pm »

So, what do you guys think of the draft of the fanfic? What should I improve and such? I just sort of wrote it up on the spur of the moment.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 17, 2011, 08:36:51 pm »

I've started on my Derpy gorefic. It hasn't gotten to the good part yet, though, so don't worry about having a weak stomach. Feel free to comment here or on the document's comments.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kb8G1bLybO-BuPguFAWUF4AZ3WoX2cX56HTHyWGP5eI/edit
Nope, I'm most definitely not gonna read it. Worst thing that could happen would be me actually liking the story so far and wanting to continue reading it. I don't wanna risk that.
But definitely keep us updated on any progress, the Bay12 Anthology Of Pony is growing steadily.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 17, 2011, 08:38:20 pm »

So, what do you guys think of the draft of the fanfic? What should I improve and such? I just sort of wrote it up on the spur of the moment.

Only fair to comment. I see nothing wrong with it. Not something that particularly draws me in, honestly, but that's my fault, not yours.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 17, 2011, 08:39:59 pm »

---My Little Dashie---

It was just so sad!

:'(

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 17, 2011, 08:52:50 pm »

I have only one thing to say to you: STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM OCTAVIA. If there is one character I don't want ruined, it is her.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 153