Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 224683 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #675 on: October 31, 2011, 01:23:24 am »

Random question: Has MLP changed your personality for the better?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 31, 2011, 01:28:09 am »

Not really, unless you count the 3 month emotional high and huge burst of motivation. I wouldn't be getting through this semester without ponies, heh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 31, 2011, 02:15:47 am »

I've never been a fan of gauging my own... well, anything, really, especially personality. So even if it did change it, I wouldn't know. It certainly added a few good songs to my earworm list. Also, it's the only other thing besides the first and second Tremors movies that I can watch repeatedly without tiring of it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 31, 2011, 02:50:03 am »

i'd say it has.. I;m sure there are other factors, but, certainly sicne finding ponies, I;ve been a lot more tolerant of the rleigious nuts who shout from car windows as they speed through the mall parking lot.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 31, 2011, 04:44:12 am »

That version definitely has some potential, though. A bit more work and we could have a professional-sounding parody.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 31, 2011, 04:47:21 am »

I think it would work better for Discord as opposed to NMM.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 31, 2011, 06:09:29 am »

Powerpuff Girls are better.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 31, 2011, 10:06:01 am »

Better?  Who knows, give me a year or 2, I'll be more capable of looking back then.  This thing is only just... 2-4 months old for me.

Tho, it at least has given me some creative juice... even if I don't put it on paper... I've got a world brewing up in my head, ever revisited and revised... but at least expanding each time I visit it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:48 am »

MLP really hasn't changed me, but I don't think much can.

It's certainly added a new place for my Continuous Mental Adventures to take place in, though.
Nothing important here, move along.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 31, 2011, 10:28:33 am »

It's certainly added a new place for my Continuous Mental Adventures to take place in, though.

And here I thought I was alone in my Mental Adventures :p
I haven't been changed by MLP, and it isn't the kind of earth-shattering thing that would bring about change. I've noticed that a lot of people assume that being a brony means that your life is dominated by ponies, and my life isn't. It's simply something to do in bored moments; rewatch your favorite episode, read some cute shipping stories, laugh at a few well-done comics. MLP is no more a part of my life then House is to people that watch it (maybe slightly more, but still).

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:27 am »

I watched the first 5 Episodes with the Girlfriend the other day before work. She at first didn't want to, a "Cousin" was Full Broney and nearly scared her off it. I was interested, wanted to see what it was all about and how stupid it really is... Thank god its the Stupid FUNNY that we like...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 31, 2011, 10:33:53 am »

Well, as for me, MLP hasn't changed my personality at all. If anything, it just added itself in a perpetually expanding list of nice things in my mind. It's nice having another idea stuck in your mind if you see something great, which is what MLP is, but it's not really life-changing.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 31, 2011, 10:54:58 am »

The show hasn't changed me for worse or better. Same way 40k doesn't change me, nor has the Saboteur or the Sims 3. Hell, I just like the characters and not the show itself.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 31, 2011, 11:58:14 am »

+ New universe for Continuous Mental Adventures
+ Slightly less depression
+ Motivation to write

So basically a few things that make my life better, but not anything drastic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 31, 2011, 12:41:07 pm »

I wouldn't say that it's changed my personality really, but I would say that it has alleviated some of my grad school induced depression.  On the same note, it has encouraged slacking off when I should be doing research, so it's not all good, heh.

It has inspired my creativity a bit though.  I almost hate to admit that the first thing I thought of when I was new to MLP:FiM is a 40K crossover.  It's been done a number of times, I know, but that didn't stop me from starting what I expect to end up being a 100 page crossover comic on my deviantART account.  If MLP can inspire me to finish that, then I might retract the statement that I'm unchanged by it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 153