Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale - Dark Apprentice Needed!  (Read 39347 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Over Hill, Over Dale [DAY 1: 14/14]
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2011, 09:22:30 am »

Good luck with that. I spent the last few years building up an immunity.

Yes, yes. I realize that now, after the fact, you have thought of all sorts of brilliant theories you could base on my answer.
That is a terrible way to play; just wing it, hope some of your random questions turn out to be insightful? Not good enough. You will receive no answer from me.
Long Live United Forenia!

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2011, 09:30:16 am »

So i gone and did short summary :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for the second... flavor does as flavor pleases.
I would argue about this one. Character past was explained pretty precisely in last game in pretty much all roles.
So why exactly are you visiting your parents ?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2011, 10:20:19 am »

Ottofar:  Just as a heads up- most mods do not take kindly to abusing rules like that.

Also, is it a lingering cough, with occasional blood, accompanied with night sweats and weight loss?  If so, don't get near me.

It's a role power. Passive, automatical one. Therefore I see no reason to use it for my advantage.
That's what role powers are for.

Also, no, I don't think so. Just a hacking cough, from all the cotton in the air.

Ottofar: Haven't played with you before, but seen you around.  Do you think we should spend more time flavor hunting, or traditional scumhunting?

Nice to meet you.
Probably flavor-hunting, at least for starters. Try and see if we can find some inconsistencies.

And, dangit, that sounds like more scumtalk, doesn't it? :[

Not too much before this sentence. Because lampshading is a scumtell, at least in my book.

So. Why would you say this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2011, 11:50:55 am »

Think:  Fair enough.

Urist McA:  Isn't it a bit early to be calling jester?

Powder:  Why would you regret claiming miller?

On the subject of millers:  I still fully 100% support claiming miller on your first post of the game.  I thought it was the correct choice both times I did it (it even caught out scum the first time.)  Given that I'm pretty sure most millers don't know they're millers, it muddies the waters on that choice a fair amount.

Unvote Urist McArathos.

Urist Imiknorris:
Because it is a silly RVS question, which will not help anyone with anything. It is part of my ongoing protest against the futility of the RVS. Although, to be fair, it weren't so bad in this one.

Still not going to answer, though. Its silly, and nothing sensible will be gained from it.
Again: it was a silly RVS question until I realized that your answer would be useful information. That's why I told you to answer it.

Quote from: NUKE9.13
On a more serious note, if I was a jester, you wouldn't know it. You would think I was scum who made a tiny slip up, and you would feel so proud as you led me to the gallows. See: Cult Mafia.
Would you like some iocane powder with your Wine?

Why are you fishing for an easy lynch?  I don't believe you think he's scum- I believe you think he'll be easy to lynch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2011, 12:39:07 pm »

I am Thomas Downer, an apothecary running a small stall in the middle of the town. I can fix up a sore throat or a broken bone, but not much else. I'm very distrustful of the witch hunt, considering it to be a remnant of the ages long past.

Simple, I quite frankly don't believe you. First you claim with a certainty that you're a brother of your old character, then you say that you may be a brother, then you claim that you know that he died recently, still not ascertaining that he is your brother. If you were unrelated, how did you know about his death? If you were related, why did you back out of your statement?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2011, 01:23:13 pm »

About the millers : Honestly i'm not sure if claiming miller makes any sense if your pm does not clearly state that you are one. If this game is some respect similar to the last one inspect will be flavor based so it's not that important to know if that's suspicious or not but if it fits what the suspect claimed. (Of course if you're hiding dead bodies in your house / evil-looking altar covered in runes / golem making kit or something similar it could be a problem :P)

Simple, I quite frankly don't believe you. First you claim with a certainty that you're a brother of your old character, then you say that you may be a brother, then you claim that you know that he died recently, still not ascertaining that he is your brother. If you were unrelated, how did you know about his death? If you were related, why did you back out of your statement?
Are you sure we're playing the same game here ? I know my brother is named Anthony Engleford and died recently. Nothing more. Maybe it's meaningless flavor but i assumed it's the same Anthony Engleford that i played in last Witches Coven. This is problematic because it would mean he must be strangely old when he died as Nuke pointed out, so maybe i was wrong about the fact he is the same person. I have no idea where you found me saying that i'm not his brother.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2011, 01:29:59 pm »

Why are you fishing for an easy lynch?  I don't believe you think he's scum- I believe you think he'll be easy to lynch.

I think he's either scum who doesn't want to reveal who his primary target will be or he's an arrogant jerk who thinks I'm not worth answering. Either way, he's being unhelpful, hence my pressure vote, which I'll remove if NUKE answers the question or if I find someone else more suspicious.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2011, 02:01:54 pm »

This is problematic because it would mean he must be strangely old when he died as Nuke pointed out
Whereupon the GM announced that he got the dates wrong, declaring this game to be only a few decades later than the first.
In other words, that he is the same guy who died at a natural age has been confirmed by the GM.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2011, 05:51:28 pm »

Won't be here over weekend for a RL camp thing for my church's youth group.

One answer though. No, Nuke, I'm not a doublevoter. I meant as in LN not filing my name as voting for two people in error.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2011, 06:09:41 pm »

Thank you for answering that.

I didn't ask it, but thanks all the same.

Also, one assumes LNCP is using lurkertracker to count votes, so you don't have to fear your votes being counted twice.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2011, 07:11:56 pm »

Won't be here over weekend for a RL camp thing for my church's youth group.

One answer though. No, Nuke, I'm not a doublevoter. I meant as in LN not filing my name as voting for two people in error.

I'm not sure I buy this. That's not something someone usually worries about unless they're a doublevoter.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2011, 08:18:51 pm »

Urist I:

I think he's either scum who doesn't want to reveal who his primary target will be or he's an arrogant jerk who thinks I'm not worth answering. Either way, he's being unhelpful, hence my pressure vote, which I'll remove if NUKE answers the question or if I find someone else more suspicious.

Okay.  Which of the two do you think it is?

Native:  Is it a bad thing if he's a double voter?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2011, 08:46:45 pm »

Native:  Is it a bad thing if he's a double voter?

Obviously that depends on his alignment, I'm just curious about the care he took to make sure his vote wasn't counted twice.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2011, 05:10:41 am »

Votecount:
Urist Imiknorris  - 1 -  Toaster
Think0028  - 0 - 
NUKE9.13  - 3 -  Think0028, Urist Imiknorris, Urist McArathos
Simple  - 1 -  Dariush
Powder Miner  - 0 - 
ECrownofFire  - 1 -  Simple
Ottofar  - 1 -  Powder Miner
Jim Groovester  - 0 - 
NativeForeigner  - 0 - 
Time Blossom  - 1 -  Ottofar
Toaster  - 0 - 
Jack AT  - 0 - 
Dariush  - 1 -  ECrownofFire
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 5 -  Jack AT, Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, NUKE9.13, Time Blossom
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 4 -  Time Blossom, Jim Groovester, Jack AT, Powder Miner
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day ends Monday, 9PM GMT.

There are two possible Extensions remaining.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2011, 07:42:25 am »

Been sick, will post tonight.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18