Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 6 - Power of the Kings  (Read 3500 times)

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 1 -
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 09:02:44 pm »

(I may be taking some liberties with how mature the character is; then again, I don't remember getting a morality test like this in 1st grade, so I'm imagining that rat-people grow up a bit faster than humans do.)

Test Questions:
1.) You are confronted by a thief, and he tells you to hand over all your money. What do you do ?
--Reach for the bag of sand that I keep on my belt for such situations (looks remarkably like a coin purse, doesn't it?), toss the sand into the thief's eyes, and run away.

2.) One of your neighbors has stolen something from the Imperials, and you have found that out. What do you do ?
--If I found out about it, then the Imperials can find out about it... well, all right, maybe not, I'm smarter than they are. But still, anyone can get lucky, so I'll encourage my neighbor to get rid of what they stole, or failing that at least help them hide it better.

3.) For your birthday you get 10 Gold Coins, and are told you can buy whatever you want unless its illegal. What do you buy ?
--A new journal and as many different colors of ink as I can afford. Different colors come in handy for keeping things organized, and besides, I like to draw.

4.) A friend of yours is being bullied, and he suddenly snaps, and fights back. What do you do ?
--I'll help him, but the main thing is getting us out of the fight without getting hurt, not making sure the other person gets hurt. Especially if we're outnumbered.

5.) You find a bag of coins on the ground as you are out walking. What do you do with it ?
--Hold on to it, and stay in the area. Whoever dropped it will be looking for it, but if I go around asking if anybody's lost a bag of coins I don't think I'll get an honest answer.

6.) You have time for two hobbies in the afternoons. What are they ?
--Well, drawing is the first one, obviously; I particularly like designing buildings, tunnels and the like, although I draw other things too, sometimes. I guess the other one would have to be playing the violin, if I had to pick just one. I try to write my own music, although I'm not very good at it yet.

7.) You see a Unicorn bleeding out in-front of you, and it will soon die without help. What do you do ?
--I'd do what I could to help, but I don't know much about medicine... I guess I'd put some sand in the wound to clog it up and wrap it as tightly as I could with my shirt, then go for help? I mean, if the unicorn could come with me, that'd be better, but if it can't walk on its own I wouldn't be able to move it.

8.) You absolutely love doing a particular task. What is it ?
--Well, that's a bit of a repeat, isn't it? I mean, if you can only pick two hobbies, I don't know anybody who would leave the thing they love doing off of the list; that'd just be daft. Unless the thing you love doing doesn't really count as a hobby, I guess, but that's a bit of whisker-twitching if you ask me. So, drawing. Or architecture, if you want specifics.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:06:23 pm by Time Blossom »
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 1
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 09:11:30 pm »

Dang it, my vote goes to that instead, ignore my answers.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 09:21:03 pm »

The thing you love doing, and your hobbies are different in the time put into them, and they will further develop the skills those are related to. On another note yes Krisa are determined adults at the age of 9, so 6 is most of the way through their childhood (They can usually read, and write at the age of two.)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 11:50:33 pm »

I'll agree with Time Blossom for now...These questions sound like something out of Elder Scrolls.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2011, 09:43:11 am »

Another on Time Blossom's answers.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 2 - An Ancient Book, and a Question.
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 02:29:59 pm »

You quickly scrawl down your answers as truthfully as possible, and hand them to the teacher who takes a quick look, and gives you an odd look before telling you to go, and come back later. So later that day you come back to the school after going home, and grabbing some food, and other items that is. Once you arrive the teacher takes a quick look around, and pulls you inside where he seats you at a desk, and pulls out a book of some sort with odd runes moving around on the pages that you can't quite make out. He looks at you as he takes a seat, and waits for a moment, as if he was taking a moment to think, before saying "You, young-one, are quite unique as you surpass your classmates in any thing that involves building, drawing, or quick-wit. You may not know it yet, but there are great things in store for you in the future if you, so wish to take them, but if you do not you can get up, leave, and never come back asking for me to take you in. Now if you accept take this book that lies on the table, it is an ancient artifact that has ties to the days of our Creation, and as thus is and object of such importance that the one who takes it will be seen as our leader if we ever escape from our captivity."

He takes a brief pause from talking to give you a moment to think, but that moment seems like an hour to you as you sit staring at the book, and then back to your teacher. After a while he continues "Now what shall you do accept this book, or leave, and disregard the destiny that stands before you ?"

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »

Leave. Just to see what happens. Then come back and steal the book.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 04:17:44 pm »

Look at the book title, and ask what he means by "Days or our Creation."
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 08:24:46 pm »

We know our do it and we will duty and fight for our honor.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 08:29:50 pm »

Ask if this book involves ravens of blood.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ruler of the Rebellion: Phase 0, Update 3
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 09:27:18 pm »

You first try to look at the books title, but the runes that make it seem to constantly be changing, and moving in, and out of your vision as if they had a will of their own. After studying it for a moment you ask him "What do you mean by the Days of our Creation ?" Your teacher stares at you for a moment, taps his fingers on his table, and replies "Few know, and those who do are dead, or driven crazy by the book, but what we do know is within that book lies the power that helped forge our existence. That is why we keep it hidden, and will sacrifice our lives to protect it, for that books is, and shall always be our future, and our past. With it our next King, or Queen is made, and that Kiras is a mighty being with power beyond that of even the greatest Kiras Magi, whom, so ever holds this book holds our races fate in their hands." He takes a short pause taking a sip from a cup of tea that seems to appear out of thin air, and then continues "Does this infromation help you chose the path you shall take, or do you still need more explained before your choice my young friend ?"

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 09:38:05 pm »

"Why must it be a monarchy? And what is the current system of goverment? Never paid that much attention in gov. class."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 09:45:13 pm »

"Are there any rulers here who aren't corrupt?"

"What's our religion?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 10:24:02 pm »

"To tell you the truth, I don't think I'm cut out to be a king... Then again, I don't think anybody is, otherwise we wouldn't need a revolution in the first place."

Of course, the teacher was holding the book, and he wasn't a king, so that told you something about the prophecy right there, didn't it? Just because Lewis took the book, that didn't mean he had to own up to what people were expecting--and, digging a little deeper, the prophecy only said that the book would make the next King or Queen, not necessarily that the one who held it would be the King or Queen.

So maybe Lewis wasn't cut out to be a monarch, but a vizier? Or something else? That just might work.

"On the other hand, you never know until you try. Better a builder than a warrior, anyway."

>Hold out hand to receive book.

(It's a good point about Monarchy! And personally, I rather like the idea of our little Lewis being the architect of democracy. But that's for later, isn't it?
Also, If I'm getting a bit too IC, I apologize. I get the feeling I'm not leaving very much wiggle room with my suggestions. :\ )
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 12:10:00 am »

"To tell you the truth, I don't think I'm cut out to be a king... Then again, I don't think anybody is, otherwise we wouldn't need a revolution in the first place."

Of course, the teacher was holding the book, and he wasn't a king, so that told you something about the prophecy right there, didn't it? Just because Lewis took the book, that didn't mean he had to own up to what people were expecting--and, digging a little deeper, the prophecy only said that the book would make the next King or Queen, not necessarily that the one who held it would be the King or Queen.

So maybe Lewis wasn't cut out to be a monarch, but a vizier? Or something else? That just might work.

"On the other hand, you never know until you try. Better a builder than a warrior, anyway."

>Hold out hand to receive book.

(It's a good point about Monarchy! And personally, I rather like the idea of our little Lewis being the architect of democracy. But that's for later, isn't it?
Also, If I'm getting a bit too IC, I apologize. I get the feeling I'm not leaving very much wiggle room with my suggestions. :\ )

DEMOCRARAT IS GO.

Time Blossom, why are your suggestions so GOOD? :P
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 [2] 3