Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76471 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D2 - Passing [6/7, 1/2, 1/1]
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2011, 05:23:55 pm »

Ok found some time during lunch to write out this reply.

Yeah, I asked more than one question, most of which hadn't been asked of you before, which as Toaster pointed out you dodged.  And if I can force a slipup by asking a question redundantly, well then, that's not so pointless is it?

Toaster said I dodged the question so I went back and answered it.

He already did show up and defend himself, which you probably would've noticed if you hadn't been lurking yourself.  How exactly did that sequence of events convince you he was noobscum and Dsarker was noobtown, anyway?
Besides that, no matter how good or bad your reasons are, you shouldn't be sitting on them from the beginning of D1 to halfway through D2, waiting for the target of a vague suspicion to respond.  Sure, you've started asking questions now, but what were you doing until now?  Sitting on admittedly poor reasons, doing nothing, and generally being useless to the town!

He didn't defend himself! He just showed up made a post about how he wasn't scum then left. In no way did he discredit my attack. He made a post on page 9 didn't post again till page 15. He basically said he wasn't answering any questions because he was afraid of getting lynched. The only people who are afraid of being lynched are scum! If he doesn't come out and help scumhunt then he's giving the victory over to the scum. So far that is the scummiest thing anyone has done so far so thats why my vote is still on him.

Yeah I am asking questions now, and you know why? because no one else is doing it. Everyone is waiting for another person to step up and make a case against a scum. Well the scum ain't going to show themselves unless we do something about it. We are all like Marines in a landing craft storming a beach. Yeah the first one off is likely to get shot but unless someone does it we are all going to get killed. I understand why it can seem scummy for me to all of a sudden be posting but unless we do something as the town we won't make it. Just don't shoot me in the back solely for trying, because that is a scummy thing to do.

Caz You gotta join in with the rest of us and help hunt scum.

Shoes, Toaster and Drakon please fill us in on your opinions.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2011, 02:31:10 am »

Andrew425 that whole post was just you talking and defending yourself, which seems scummy to me. Telling us that drakon is scummy and doing nothing for town isn't news to anyone either. He should've been modkilled ages ago for inactivity. Yes we probably should lynch him but is it really worth it over lynching real scum? And no, not defending him as I'd be fine if he were removed anyway.

Do you have any suspicions other than the obvious one? Trying to pretend you're interested in scumhunting without committing?

Toaster Do you think being an IC puts you beyond suspicion by most people here? Or would the mod not make you mafia for that reason? One mafia IC, one town?

ShoesandHats: Do you agree with what Remalle posted about Andrew425's scumminess? Why aren't you asking questions to find out who is scum?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2011, 02:42:25 am »

Toaster Do you think being an IC puts you beyond suspicion by most people here? Or would the mod not make you mafia for that reason? One mafia IC, one town?

There are no restrictions or arrangements on the alignment the ICs can be.

Andrew425 that whole post was just you talking and defending yourself, which seems scummy to me.

Well, geez. Let's just all sit on our hands and do nothing then, since that's apparently the vastly more preferable option to actually trying to get stuff done.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2011, 09:48:49 am »

Extend.

Caz:
Quote from: Toaster
Maybe you should.

Isn't that a scumtactic?

I'll assume you meant switching from not hunting to hunting on being prompted.  The correct answer is that you should always be hunting scum.  If you go from doing nothing to full-bore scum hunting, it gives the appearance that you're just doing it for appearances (IE- you're scum.)  It's a tricky tell because you should be scumhunting anyway.

Not scumhunting and continuing to not do so when called on it is scummy no matter how you slice it.

No.  If I do something scummy, you should call me on it.  You should read my posts as you would any other player of the game.

I suspect Andrew425 and Remalle, they both seem to be focusing on trying to make eachother appear as scum than clearing suspicion.

That's a bad reason to suspect someone.  If their only defense is proving someone else is scum, they're doing it right.  The best way to appear to be town is to do town's job- hunting scum.

You might notice I say that a lot.

Andrew:  See this whole post for my opinions.

As for scummiest, Caz voted ShoesandHats at random and now appears to be trying to make it stick.  Towniest... I don't know?  Not my kind of question to answer, but Shark has tweaked my scummometer the least, I guess.

What's your read on Remalle?  You've gone back and forth with him a lot, but I can't see an opinion of him in your words.

Remalle:  How has your opinion of Caz changed after his recent posts?  Would you say he is your #2 pick?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2011, 11:31:43 am »

As for scummiest, Caz voted ShoesandHats at random and now appears to be trying to make it stick.

I'm scummy because I think ShoesandHats has been acting scummy? Why are you defending him?

What's your read on Remalle?  You've gone back and forth with him a lot, but I can't see an opinion of him in your words.

I go from thinking he/she is scummy to thinking they are town. I couldn't really get a read of them on the 1st day but they seem to be doing more scumhunting than most people, nothing has seemed 'off' so far. Honestly I suspect Andrew425 more but don't want to be seen as 'joining the bandwagon'.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2011, 11:49:29 am »

He didn't defend himself!
Umm, I do recall defending myself already. Perhaps you just didn't notice it?

He basically said he wasn't answering any questions because he was afraid of getting lynched. The only people who are afraid of being lynched are scum!
You're saying that only scum are afraid of getting lynched? Anyone should be afraid of getting lynched if people are putting pressure on them and voting them. See, you defending yourself right now means that you're at least slightly afraid of getting lynched.

I believe I have just stated my opinion rather well.

Andrew425 that whole post was just you talking and defending yourself, which seems scummy to me.
Exactly what is scummy about defending yourself if you currently have the most votes?

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2011, 11:51:54 am »

Honestly I suspect Andrew425 more but don't want to be seen as 'joining the bandwagon'.
If you suspect him, then vote for him. If you have a good reason, then nobody will care if it seems like you're joining the bandwagon.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2011, 01:05:28 pm »

Unvote

Thanks for coming out and talking drakon.

Shoes! get out here!
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2011, 01:29:49 pm »

Caz:
As for scummiest, Caz voted ShoesandHats at random and now appears to be trying to make it stick.

I'm scummy because I think ShoesandHats has been acting scummy? Why are you defending him?

What?

I really can't tell who's scum today, so I'm going to roll the dice and vote ShoesandHats.

You're scummy for doing that, then going on to try to build a case on him.  I'm not defending him- I'm attacking your case.

Honestly I suspect Andrew425 more but don't want to be seen as 'joining the bandwagon'.

There's nothing wrong with voting someone who already has a lot of votes as long as your reasoning is valid (and not stolen wholesale from the arguments of others.)  Not doing something because it might look scummy to do is a scum move.  Town should not care how they look*.

*As long as you're honest and forthright in your reasoning for voting people, there's no problem casting your vote.

Drakon:  Courtesy request- you should attribute your quotes so we know who you're quoting at a glance. 

If you suspect him, then vote for him.

Why aren't you voting anyone, then?  Don't have any suspects?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 31, 2011, 01:58:45 pm »

Okay. First three quotes were from Andrew, fourth was from Toaster, and the last was from Caz.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2011, 02:00:33 pm »

Why aren't you voting anyone, then?  Don't have any suspects?
Exactly. I don't currently suspect anyone ATM, and it isn't the RVS anymore. I would try to scumhunt, but I don't think there's quite enough time to do so, what with the day ending in a few hours, and me having more schoolwork to do.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2011, 02:05:51 pm »

You can ask for an extension, you know.  (You should if you're not voting and the day is ending soon.)

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2011, 02:08:38 pm »

Oh. Didn't know I could extend. Alright then, I vote to extend.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 31, 2011, 02:16:35 pm »

Ok found some time during lunch to write out this reply.

Yeah, I asked more than one question, most of which hadn't been asked of you before, which as Toaster pointed out you dodged.  And if I can force a slipup by asking a question redundantly, well then, that's not so pointless is it?

Toaster said I dodged the question so I went back and answered it.

He already did show up and defend himself, which you probably would've noticed if you hadn't been lurking yourself.  How exactly did that sequence of events convince you he was noobscum and Dsarker was noobtown, anyway?
Besides that, no matter how good or bad your reasons are, you shouldn't be sitting on them from the beginning of D1 to halfway through D2, waiting for the target of a vague suspicion to respond.  Sure, you've started asking questions now, but what were you doing until now?  Sitting on admittedly poor reasons, doing nothing, and generally being useless to the town!

He didn't defend himself! He just showed up made a post about how he wasn't scum then left. In no way did he discredit my attack. He made a post on page 9 didn't post again till page 15. He basically said he wasn't answering any questions because he was afraid of getting lynched. The only people who are afraid of being lynched are scum! If he doesn't come out and help scumhunt then he's giving the victory over to the scum. So far that is the scummiest thing anyone has done so far so thats why my vote is still on him.

Yeah I am asking questions now, and you know why? because no one else is doing it. Everyone is waiting for another person to step up and make a case against a scum. Well the scum ain't going to show themselves unless we do something about it. We are all like Marines in a landing craft storming a beach. Yeah the first one off is likely to get shot but unless someone does it we are all going to get killed. I understand why it can seem scummy for me to all of a sudden be posting but unless we do something as the town we won't make it. Just don't shoot me in the back solely for trying, because that is a scummy thing to do.

Caz You gotta join in with the rest of us and help hunt scum.

Andrew, what's the point of your long "i'm asking questions now" metaphor when you don't actually ask a single question in that post? You tell caz what to do and ask for opinions. There are no question marks or questions at all besides "I'm asking questions now, you know why?" which is directed toward yourself.

You make this big post with this big metaphor and pretend you're asking questions and leading town, but you're not actually doing anything. That part of that post serves only to make your image better, and it bothers me.

Shoes, you are still not off the hook. Get your ass in here. This is your second warning from me recently, and more than I should be giving you for how little you've helped town.

Caz, you're just sitting on your vote, justifying your actions. Why aren't you trying to build a case from day 1 material and convincing people who you think should be voted? Do you actually care about voting who you think is scummiest?

Toaster, you may be an IC and want to help, but all you do is call people out on their arguments. Going to hunt or not?

Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 31, 2011, 02:59:05 pm »

Day extended to Wednesday.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30