Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - GAME OVER - Graduation [2/7, 0/2, 1/1]  (Read 76420 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVIII - D1 - Good Day to Test [7/7, 2/2, 1/1]
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »

Caz, how would your gameplay change if someone claimed to be the doctor?

Well, I think it'd be an odd thing to do. Wouldn't claiming a power role just be like putting a target on your back? I might suspect they're scum, trying to get the real doctor to claim who they were so they could nightkill him.

Also, to be clear - there's one cop and one doctor in the game, right? There couldn't be say, two doctors, or no cops, etc.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2011, 11:40:24 pm »

To those that asked why I was lurking: I had a bunch of school stuff to catch up on, and I could only get on for a few minutes at a time.

Quote from: Dsarker
He's not answering anyone.
That's because I'm not very good an answering questions. As you may have already seen, I often word my answers incorrectly.

His previous answers have been, consistently, variations on the theme of 'I don't want to get lynched'.
That is because I just want to be lynched. Who does?

Now then, are there any questions that I haven't noticed?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2011, 11:42:35 pm »

His previous answers have been, consistently, variations on the theme of 'I don't want to get lynched'.
That is because I just want to be lynched. Who does?
I don't particularly...but it is just a game. Don't have to suicide.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2011, 11:47:53 pm »

Dsarker, how exactly am I suiciding?
And don't say 'I never said you were,' because your post implied that I was suiciding.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2011, 11:50:02 pm »

Precisely by not being active in the thread. You're the current lynch target, and because of your absence, most people are suspicious that you are a scum. That, and you saying "This is because I want to be lynched."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2011, 11:53:03 pm »

...I seriously said that?
Fucking typos. Rephrasing it: 'That is because I just don't want to be lynched.'

And once again, I was lurking because I had school stuff to do. Real life is more important than a forum game.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2011, 11:54:23 pm »

Or is it? :P

Seriously, though, just post to make sure we know you're there. Even if it's just a "Can't post write now" thing.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2011, 12:03:21 am »

Yeah, probably should've done that earlier.

Everyone who was voting to lynch me, do you have any reasons for doing so other than because I'm not very active (which is due to school), or because I'm avoiding questions (which is because I suck at answering them)?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 21, 2011, 12:03:35 am »

ShoesandHats:
Caz

If you were scum, how would you try to protect your partner if he was under suspicion?

Dsarker

If you're a townie, how would you avoid getting killed by the scum?

Why the change from "you were" to "you're?"

Because I don't know if he's scum, and I don't know if he's a townie. I wasn't aware that 'You were' and 'You're' would be much different in that situation. Sorry, mein grammar furor.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2011, 12:07:13 am »

Jim Groovester; what is the method by which you choose who to investigate people as a cop?

I pick people I can't read.

Jim, why is lurking a scummy thing?

Because it prevents all the players from being able to read the player.

You see, if you're town, you want to players to look at you and think that you're town. You do this by being active, hunting, and answering every question posed to you straightforwardly and promptly.

Lurking makes it so that you can't be read by anybody because you're not contributing. This is not ideal town behavior and you should avoid it if you can.

Lurking is extremely effective as a scum tactic when done deliberately, since just by the nature of the game active players are going to focus on active players since they're the ones who are answering questions and generally getting results. It's important to make sure that you don't forget about any player in the game.

Also, to be clear - there's one cop and one doctor in the game, right? There couldn't be say, two doctors, or no cops, etc.

No role is guaranteed to be in the game. There could be a doctor and a cop, just a doctor, just a cop, or no doctor or cop.

That's because I'm not very good an answering questions. As you may have already seen, I often word my answers incorrectly.
Everyone who was voting to lynch me, do you have any reasons for doing so other than because I'm not very active (which is due to school), or because I'm avoiding questions (which is because I suck at answering them)?

It doesn't matter if you suck at answering questions, you still have to answer them anyway. Not answering is scummier than answering poorly.

Because I don't know if he's scum, and I don't know if he's a townie. I wasn't aware that 'You were' and 'You're' would be much different in that situation. Sorry, mein grammar furor.

Hey, fucknuts.

How about you answer my goddamn questions?

Usually I have trouble reading new players but it's good to know I've found scum on Day 1.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2011, 12:22:41 am »

Dsarker() -
Remalle(1) - Caz,
Shoesandhats(1) - Jim Groovester,
Shark() -
Caz() -
Andrew456() -
drakon136(4) - Andrew456, Dsarker, Remalle, Shoesandhats,
Jim Groovester() -
Toaster() -

Not Voting(3) - Shark, drakon136, Toaster.

The day ends tomorrow, October 21, at 5:00 PM GMT.

I'm posting this early, because I'm going to be travelling tomorrow and I might not have enough time in the morning.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2011, 12:38:36 am »

Is it acceptable to ask questions or use evidence outside the context of the game?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2011, 12:42:35 am »

No.

Your job is not to be a nosy bastard and probe every aspect of a person's life just because you don't like what they're doing in a game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2011, 11:58:19 am »

Day ends 8:00 PM PST today! 3 to extend.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2011, 07:00:27 pm »

Shark, drakon136 and Toaster: Why haven't you voted?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 30