Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel OOC  (Read 9473 times)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel OOC
« on: October 16, 2011, 02:25:38 pm »

This is the OOC chat thread for the Let's All Have Superpowers Sequel. The main thread is here. Any questions about the game should be posted here once the game starts.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's All Have Superpowers, the Sequel OOC
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:12:39 pm »

I got mimicry in the first(so i didn't want to do it), can i choose something else?(i did and got d manipulation) but i hope i can.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:46:52 pm »

Unlike the original thread you can choose what power you want. Random is just recommended, but you can ignore it if you don't like what you get. If you want a manipulation power, go ahead.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:07:26 pm »

Err... Are you sure you want to allow Rick in again?

Quote from: IC Thread
2.   The only powers that aren’t allowed are any of the omni powers, creation, destruction, and death induction.

As we discussed in the previous OOC thread, Nothing Manip is actually a stronger version of Destruction.

As for me, I may or may not be joining- I'd like to make a character and stick with it, rather than phasing in and out like last time.  :-X
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 06:12:37 pm »

Err... Are you sure you want to allow Rick in again?

Quote from: IC Thread
2.   The only powers that aren’t allowed are any of the omni powers, creation, destruction, and death induction.

As we discussed in the previous OOC thread, Nothing Manip is actually a stronger version of Destruction.

As for me, I may or may not be joining- I'd like to make a character and stick with it, rather than phasing in and out like last time.  :-X

The way rick used nothing manipulation was to fire bolts of nothing and actually didn't do a hell of a lot, but I understand if people want me to step out.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 06:16:42 pm »

Hmm... I'm looking between Darkness, Water, Sand, or Molecular Manipulation... Water sounds pretty fun (and being able to turn into water), but Molecular has a lot of utility, like shrinking or getting through walls.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 06:24:37 pm »

I think I'll Run with Ex-Officer Roydon gone vigilante. I'll post a backstory in the main thread in a bit.
Raggle Fraggle

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »

I think I'll allow nothingness manipulation for Rick. Only he can't poof items out of existence, so much as tear items to shreds (particles randomly vanishing would do that). Organic tissue I think would be harder to remove since the bonds are stronger, so a bolt would remove skin and a bit of muscle like a bullet would. You can live, but it would hurt like hell.

Hopefully you decide to make a character Hailfire. I really do want to limit the amount of god-like characters this time around (zero is ideal). Hopefully we can avoid the problems of the last game.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 07:33:10 pm »

The character list has my guy as possessing mediumship and mirage inducement. I'm pretty sure astral trapping'll work better for Ben.

Ben Cretin, Astral Trapping
I think you mean Mediumship if you want to be possessed and summon ghosts. I'll also toss on Mirage Inducing, so your ghosts can appear real or you can summon something from your mind to intimidate or scare people. Not being able to fight in any way might prove to be a problem, so now you can.
Uses:
    * Control over Astral energy.
    * Summon demons, ghosts, or spirits, to do the user's bidding.
    * 'Borrow' the powers of ghosts and spirits.
    * Summon souls into another living body or 'Induced Possession'

I'm not sure if I'll give Ben control over astral energy, but borrowing powers and accidentally summoning demons should work. Also, Astral Trapping does give possession inducement. And Ben isn't possessed, just emotionally manipulated.

Not mentioned above, at higher levels astral trapping can summon ghosts in ghost form, letting others interact with them without any specialized form of mirage inducement.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »

Just making sure its alright that I have a assortment of gadgets (Mostly Minor stuff) and the Crusher still.
Raggle Fraggle

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 07:42:23 pm »

Hmm... I'm looking between Darkness, Water, Sand, or Molecular Manipulation... Water sounds pretty fun (and being able to turn into water), but Molecular has a lot of utility, like shrinking or getting through walls.
Any opinions? I'm kind of new at this. I'm leaning towards Water or Molecular.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 07:55:43 pm »

Sorry, but I think Molecular Manipulation looks a bit too strong. It has both creation and destruction in the applications list, and it reminds me of the main villain of X-men First Class. I'd still allow it, but creating and destroying matter isn't allowed for balance.

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 08:20:54 pm »

You know D manipulation I talked about? it's the same as blood manipulation -.- sooooo... guess i wont be taking that.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 08:25:43 pm »

I'll reserve you a spot since you posted so early in the OOC. Hopefully it isn't too many people.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 08:29:01 pm »

I would go with water. Plenty of applications, you just gotta think about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15