Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Lastrags - A Succession Game  (Read 10759 times)

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lastrags - A Succession Game
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2011, 05:42:22 pm »

Oh well, im on it tomorrow, quite late now. I give kytuzian half a day or so, i try get my turn started by then if he havent posted :P

ryan5050

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2011, 08:00:37 am »

Can i Ask how does a Succession game work in Dwarf Fortress?

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2011, 02:10:11 pm »

Can i Ask how does a Succession game work in Dwarf Fortress?

Well if i try put it simple, we try succesfull fortress through "multiplayer" 1 year/player then you give save onward to next player.

And yea stuff came up today so really didnt get any playing done, but looked fort, went "Wut?" and decided to call it for a day. I try get first update up tomorrrow or day after tomorrow, so try be patient guys :P

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2011, 12:26:13 am »

I'm also going to tentatively claim year 9. More then likely I'll have a couple afternoons where I can burn through a year really quickly.

Sure thing

The current playlist reads:

Year 1 : Shark
Year 2 : dwarf -lover-
Year 3 :LoneTophat Skipped
Year 3 : cappstv Skipped
Year 3 : Paulus Fahlstrom
Year 4 : zomara0292
Year 5 : kytuzian
Year 6 : Ezk1
Year 7 : Shiio
Year 8 : Hannibal Barcalounger
Year 9 : Mr. Doc
Year 10 : Vahir

Currently it is inbetween  kytuzian's and Ezk1's turn, if kytuzian finishes his journal before Ezk1 starts his then his turn counts, if Ezk1 posts his first journal before that then kytuzian will be considered skipped.

Here is the save in case anyone wanted to take a look at the fort.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5146
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:29:01 am by dwarf -lover- »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2011, 08:17:09 am »

Well, I take pride in the fact that we are, at the very least, moving forward down the list at a semi-steady rate. Thanks to the epic task management of one man whose name need not be said, of course.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »

Have been too tired when i read this trhead posts, just realised that kytuzian hasent post any save, maybe he forgot?

Well i try play this old save, its at late autumm, aparently, to spring and write somthing about it and post if kytuzian dosent get anything up. Btw, are you sure this is right save you linked dwarf lover? :P

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2011, 03:14:12 pm »

Have been too tired when i read this trhead posts, just realised that kytuzian hasent post any save, maybe he forgot?

Well i try play this old save, its at late autumm, aparently, to spring and write somthing about it and post if kytuzian dosent get anything up. Btw, are you sure this is right save you linked dwarf lover? :P

It's the most recent save I have

http://dffd.wimbli.com/search.php?string=lastrags

The last person to complete a year was Zomara, so if you download the save that is posted by him on that list it should be the most recent one. For future reference anyone who is doubtful about the save, go to that list and download the save posted by the last person on the list before your name. It will be the correct one, just in-case I screw up or something.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:16:21 pm by dwarf -lover- »

Ezk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2011, 04:51:17 pm »

(Well i think i played wrong save but ohwell, lets say this is bonus for now that you get something :P Sry for typos and such, i tryed to clean my text at my best effort so i hope that there isnt much of them :P)

Its late autum at middle of Armok-knows-where.

It was long journey but i made it. Even tough my foolish mule died when he was drinking from river to some carp. I was lucky, an dwarfen caravan was passing by and for they were on theyr way to place called Ulolunib. I was "Hey thats where im going!" And they offered to give me ride. Well after two days traveling we get there. I was sleeping end of journey so first i though it was sequel for that horrible nightmare about all the beer barrels empty and only thing we got were elfish wine.. ugh, i say. But back to the state of fort. First thing got my eye (and my nose) were blood. Lots of it.Then there were lot of goblins in gages. And this huge are walled area. Well i jumped down from my ride, thanked dwarfs, while they started to unload their good and i went to ask inhabitants what the hell was going on.

Well it seems that goblins are quite familiar face here. Ambush after ambush, this fort has been quite while under constant harasment of goblins. They sayd that previus overseer were ordered to build that walled area to keep those pesky goblins away. At that point i asked " By the way, where is your leader?" and they answered something about that they were told new leader would come and they were suggesting i were the one. I was little stunned about this and explained that my good friend Urist McFooler sayd that there were nice vacant place for high place job, job that would need only little effort and.. oh im gona get you for this Urist!

Well after some argument and something about "You take this position or you gona go and scout if there is any of those goblins lurking" i accepted, thinking that maybe its not that bad.

First thing´s first i try to get something out of these dwarfen friend. And maan this place in complex. Only thing i have found this far is some fams and huge graveyard. Is all those coffins filled, i dont dare to ask. When i try to get some orders around dwarfes comes yelling me that that foul beast is rampaging only few floors lower. After that he screams and goes to corner sobbing.

Well if im gona die now, im gona do it in most honorable way possible.
I order every dwarf i can find to arms and lead the charge! Zuglar who was near right next to me flews across the room after hit he takes.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

More dwarfs comes aid us against, and beast start to take damage from overwhelming wave of dwarfs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile a one of the the dwarfs has been busy and made some ring.

Rampaging beast continues to terroring, and lot of good dwarfs is dead. I try to yell for help from guards of the caravan but they just say thats its not their proplem and continues talking nonsence whit each other.
Situation dosent look good and beast moves onward. I hear some yelling from trade depot and see them departing. Oh yeah, screw them we got everything under control over here.

Dear god, too bad for you, now get to defending the fort!

Beasts roar echoes trough halls while hell just waits for next prey to come to him. Too bad for him few dwarfs we have left are bed ridden and cant move, including myself. I can smell miasma in the air and thus i know the beast is somewhere, i cant ignore my thirst anymore and i start to move. I should know that misfortune would follow me, after only few meters beast charges me. I try to fight back my wounds are too deep and beast is too powerfull for me to defend myself. At brink of my death i whisper my final words "Darn you Urist..".

((Well after some inspection i got bad luck as FB went right after i started trough little tunnel that was forgotted to wall off. Maybe it could be possible to wall off dunno, this short game was fun tough :) Few funny things: Right before end, ambush came (wow who would have expect that) but they were killed by traps. And as things can go bad, they usual go bad as some magma monster joined party too at end. I really like that FB picked some miners steel pick axe at start of battle and used that to crush our entire fortress :D Well if i found right save, i try again tomorrow unless kytuzian gets something up :) ))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:09:17 am by Ezk1 »

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2011, 04:20:07 am »

Sounds like a tough save :\ hopefully kytuzian does update.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2011, 08:40:31 pm »

I am pulling a early rez. I am going to be gone for a while and I dont know if I will have nets when I get there so. . . . . . . try not to die.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]