Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31117 times)

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 3!
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2011, 06:21:47 pm »

We got off to a good start with most matches being played, I hope even if there are some bye's this week they show up next week anyways

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2011, 07:09:11 pm »

Now the tribute has been paid, and Sevv's spirit commended to Nuffle to join Dirr on the Eternal Pitch, a rundown of that fateful day.

The Lutefisk Legion start out by trying to shut down the saurusses of the opposing team with bribes and treachery, but the ploy falls through. To add insult to insult, they lose the toss, and the skink side elects to receive.

STO-1 - The ball drops just after the line of scrimmage, and Vorr proves how annoying Block can be by taking himself out on an early-game tackle failure, giving the first blow of the skeletal fish civil war to the Norse side.
LUT-1 - Rogenvaldr puts Takk out of the match with a punch to the face, while Lorund knocks out Jell, which is not the meanest of feats. The Norse side endeavours to box in both skink and pigskin, shifting immediately to the offensive given the abrupt lizardmen turn.
STO-2 - A few ineffectual blocks sums up the entirety of the Stormer's second turn, only culminating in Mazz stunning himself with the helpful fist of a scantily-clad human.
LUT-2 - Borkr, the kicker, receives his own ball and immediately suges onwards, the skink side reeling from the multitude of blocks and blows and almost dire first few turns.
STO-3 - Novv, Sevv, Kwee and Nirr form a defensive line, in an attempt to stop the norsemen on an intimidating ccharge down the left flank.
LUT-3 - It works, in the sense that it doesn't work in the slightest and the Lutefisk Legion score easily, after trolling the skinks just a little by passing the ball between them and oiling their muscles.

STO-4 - After that hospital beginning, the Stormers line up for another drive. The ball, once more, is kicked just beyong the halfway line, falling deftly into Jell's outstretched claws as the skink darts forward immediately, the rest of the darker blue side swarming around to try and make things difficult for the Norsemen should they try and intercept.
LUT-4 - The Legion spend the turn trying to consolidate, but when Ofeigr lunges after the deft Jell, he sort of fails to pay attention and stacks it over Garr's outstretched tail.
STO-5 - Jell doesn't wait around, running in the ball with a deft two-turn touchdown to bring the teams level.

LUT-5 - Sevv kicks off, but it goes sailing off the pitch and the Nords receive a handy touchback. Almost immediately the norse team sets up another box, while the line of scrimmage sets about beating down the sauruses on the line.
STO-6 - The skinks work out a truly game-winning plan, but it relies on Mazz not being the bumblefooted runt he is, and everything goes sprawling as he... well, goes sprawling.
LUT-6 - The Norse scum shove Sevv into the crowd, where he is promptly ripped to pieces by the fans out for blood. Most of the rest of the Legion shove around the Stormers with little other success.
STO-7 - Vorr shoves down Ofeigr, and Jell slips in a sneaky little foul, but the rest of the lizards struggle with getting into something resembling a defence.
LUT-7 - On the offence once more, the Lutefisk Legion push forward, kniocking defensive skinks flying and generally being rather unhindered by the defence.
STO-8 - Standing up, the skinks once more valiantly try to stop the norse from scoring, except it goes about as well as every other time the skinks have tried to stop anyone from scoring ever.
LUT-8 - A quick beatdown of the remaining standing skinks leaves the lizards 2-1 down after an easy Norse run-in.

LUT-9 - Jell's kick goes long with another atrocious kick, and the ball is once more handed directly to one of the bemused Norse team, wondering exactly what was so fascinating about kicking the ball off-field. Hular accepts, and the werewoldes start by chewing up the awaiting saurus line, while Hular himself surges forward, confident in the fact that thus far skinks have proved pretty much no threat.
STO-9 - Determined to prove him wrong, a mob of four skinks dogpile Hular, Nirr deftly catching the ball as it bounces here and there, while the stragglers of the group insist on at least giving Olfeigr a friendly kick to the balls.
LUT-10 - Despite a lot of angry muscle bearing down on him, Nirr survives, only pushed back repeatedly, keeping a firm set of claws on the ball, just as Mejj elsewhere proves his saurian superiority by refusing to fall over.
STO-10 - The skinks push back for the second time in the match, downing enough players for Nirr to hand off to Tyrr, using his skinky speed to bolt towards the endzone, free of pursuers.
LUT-11 - While an initial defence looks to put Tyrr in trouble, Egill, one of the loners of the match drafted in to make up the Legion's numbers, somehow pisses off Nuffle and gets brought down by a solid headbutt from Tyrr.
STO-11 - Tyrr runs the ball in, wasting no time in terms of equalising.

LUT-12 - Jell kicks off once more, this time the ball landing in play. Borkr receives it handily, though, and once more the almighty box forms, before breaking to smash some skinks and reforming just as soon.
STO-12 - Novv manages to KO a Norseman, and Jell only succeeds in harrassing Borkr to no real effect.
LUT-13 - Almost following Sevv's footsteps, Tyrr is shunted into the crowd, but slips away before they can give him more than a few superficial bruides. Borkr switches sides to attack the opposite flank while the team is distracted.
STO-13 - More ineffective pushes are the name of the game, but the skinks manage another lizardpile on the ball-carrier, received by Mazz as he prepares a charge to try and touchdown in the twilight turns of the game.
LUT-14 - Mazz goes down hard, dropped by Ofeigr, while Rogenvaldr does his impression of the skink as he tries to drop Vorr with a punch to the face.
STO-14 - The lizardmen make a few dents here and there, but plans go to piss as Vorr copies what is becoming a trend and lands face-first into the astrogranite.
LUT-15 - Mordueig runs deep, and to a crowd covered with skinkblood and silent in shock, manages to catch a long bomb from Ofeigr flawlessly, nether players being particularly suited to the throwing game.
STO-15 - With frantic motions, the skinks rush to try and drop Mordueig, smashing into him but only succeeding in sending him backwards a little, meaty hands holding onto the ball firmly.
LUT-16 - Slipping a skink tackle, the ball-carrying Mordueig runs forth and plants the ball down, bringing up the score to 3-2 with one turn to play.

STO-16 - Tired and frustrated, the Stormers settle in to trying to at least break the bodies of the Norse team, if not their spirits, and fail at even doing that. With a btiter taste in their mouths, the skinks troop off the pitch, 3-2 down as the match closes for the Legion's first victory of the season, and leaving the Sahagin Stormers hurting for points.

... And I'm also down to nine players, and against high elves next week. Fuuuun...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:17:17 pm by Charmander »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2011, 11:40:04 pm »

So, these games remain unfinished:

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United
(BYE) Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII
ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems

HLBeta obviously doesn't have to do anything if Vherid isn't going to show up, but the rest of you have no excuse. No excuse, I say!

I'll delay moving up the week for a bit yet, because I have some forlorn hope that we'll get more of these games done. Come Friday after I get back from work, however, we're moving on - no excuses. I'm not wasting another prime weekend to hope for people to get their games done.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2011, 06:17:42 am »

Please could you be more specific regarding the time?

'Friday Afternoon' could be anything from 00:01 GMT on Friday to 00:01 GMT on Saturday depending on your timezone.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2011, 08:16:54 am »

I already mentioned that I'm in EST, last post where you asked this. I get home from work ~7 PM EST Friday, so somewhere right around 24:00 Friday, GMT.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2011, 06:57:00 pm »

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United

The game is played, 2-0 to the Soapmakers.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2011, 05:34:37 am »

we are having a bit of a problem with the time difference, as my opponent can only play before 1pm, and i'm 7 hours ahead of him.
i hope we can play this weekend.
otherwise, what happens?
do we agree on a draw?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2011, 09:01:02 am »

otherwise, what happens?
do we agree on a draw?

If both you an your opponent agree to a draw, that's what I'll set the game to.

edit: by the way, good work lordcooper and Tiny getting your game played.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:18:03 am by AlStar »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2011, 06:48:17 pm »

Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII SET to 0-2.
ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems SET TO 1-1.

Week 4:

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems
Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t
HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII vs Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers
ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne vs Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain (BYE)
Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery vs drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters
Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 4!
« Reply #204 on: November 19, 2011, 10:47:23 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs Agony Strain

A1: Khorne kicks off in its Full Frontal Brutality formation. Khorne blitzes, with a beastman knocking over an elf, but falling over at the attempted dodge afterward. Agony Strain picks up the ball and knocks over a couple of beastmen.

K1: Several elves get knocked over.

A2: The forward pass is successful, but the subsequent block is not, ending the turn with the ball right beside some beastmen.

K2: A series of good blocks injures one elf, and leaves only one standing.

A3: An attempt to pick up the ball sends it into the stands, and then into the middle of the Agony Strain backfield.

K3: One of the few standing elves gets knocked out, and the three-armed beastman picks up the ball.

A4: An attempted dodge goes arwy.

K4: Touchdown by the three-armed bandit

A5: A quick snap on the kickoff gets all of the elves off the line. One of the 10 elves available picks up the ball; the rest form a wall around him.

K5: Khorne envelops the wall, and the three-armed bandit blitzes an elf, knocking him out.

A6: A chaos warrior goes down to a minor injury.

K6: Another elf goes down to injury. The three-armed bandit picks up the ball after the elf carrying it goes down, and two beastmen get beside the one elf left standing.

A7: The lone elf panics.

K7: The lone elf gets pushed around, but stays standing.

A8: The lone elf makes a run for the ball carrier, but fails to dodge.

K8: Another touchdown for the three-armed bandit.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 0 Agony Strain

K9: An elf gets knocked out, and several others get knocked over.

A9: An assassin finally manages to stun a beastman with his knife. Several other elves dodge their way into the Khorne side of the pitch.

K10: The three-armed bandit throws the ball to a waiting beastman, who actually catches it... the Khorne passing game may finally be working! The ball carrier runs down the field.

A10: An elf chases after the ball carrier and manages to knock him over, stunning him.

K11: A couple of more beastmen head toward the ball, but don't get to it. Three elves are standing at the end of the turn.

A11: An elven attempt to dodge over to the ball fails.

K12: A beastman running to the endzone falls over when going for it.

A12: An elf picks up the ball and passes it to a teammate who dodges away from the players sandwiching him down the field.

K13: A Chaos Warrior reverts to his old ways, and double-skulls his attempted block.

A13: An elf skulls trying to block a beastman.

K14: A beastman injures another elf. But another two-die skull ends the turn.

A14: The ball-carrying elf runs it in.

K15: Khorne knocks over the three elven linemen, and the three-armed bandit picks up the ball, but fumbles a pass attempt to the beastman in front of him.

A15: An attempted dodge goes awry.

K16: More elves get knocked over.

A16: Another failed dodge

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 1 Agony Strain

Thoughts: It was good of Vherid to give me the game rather than just having me take the bye. Heading into turn 15, after he scored, I was definitely afraid that he'd manage some sort of deep penetration to pull out a tie in the final seconds. My blocking was way closer to normal this game than the last one, and there was a good spread of injuries, which gives me hope for several skill-ups heading into next week.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2011, 12:07:23 pm »

High elves.

Oh god.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 19, 2011, 01:28:29 pm »

Dark Vertibrae loses to Soapmakers United 0-1.

We had some horrid luck with kickoff results. The first saw a blitz by the Soapmakers, the second a stone throw that KO'd a zombie.

The dwarves put up a very nasty fight, KO'ing one mummy (who did not wake up all game) and BH'ing another (regen fails... yet again) which left Vertibrae severely under powered going into the second half.

The one spot of luck was a random hit from a zombie that killed a dwarven blitzer. His zombie actually fought on the front lines to keep us at 11 players going into the second half.

All of our Mighty Blow players (the wights and mummies) really did squat against the dwarves - even with that +1, they were unable to break armor.

We almost brought in a tie when the dwarven ballcarrier went out on his own and a 1d block managed to take him out, but unfortuanately, the ball became stuck against the sideline, and without mummies to break up the dwarven line, we were unable to move the ball forward.

Good game Tiny!

Edit: in good news, one of my ghouls rolled double 6s, so he's ST 4 now - woo!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:31:53 pm by AlStar »

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 19, 2011, 01:31:36 pm »

Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae

The heroic soapmakers kicked off, with a blitz at the start, to no great effect. There was a whole lot of fighting, a mummy and someone else got knocked out, some undead monster killed a heroic dwarf blitzer and more undead abominations were kicked in. Somewhere in the fray the undead lost the ball. A dwarf runner grabbed it ran up the pitch and loitered about by the endzone untill the end of the half, when he scored.

The second half started with no mummies on the picth, a rock was thrown KO'ing a zombie, but still the dwarves failed to score, no one got killed though so it was alright.

1-0 to the Soapmakers, a dwarf blitzer dead, and a ghoul missing the next game.

edit: I type slow ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:33:23 pm by Tiny »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 19, 2011, 02:49:57 pm »

Getting lots of games in early, it seems.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 19, 2011, 06:02:35 pm »

1-2 victory for w00t w00t.

A broken back for wardancer.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26