Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What will Necromancy entail?  (Read 1663 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What will Necromancy entail?
« on: October 08, 2011, 02:18:57 pm »

I've been out of the loop regarding the upcoming update, can someone fill me in on what necromancy will be like? How do adventurers learn the secrets of this black art? And once learned, how is it used? Is it a ritual, or a case of point at corpse, corpse gets up?

Sorry, not sure if this should be in gameplay questions since it's not been added yet, so feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place :)
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: What will Necromancy entail?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 02:29:51 pm »

From what I gather, secrets are engraved on tablets by necromancers/gods, and people can read the tablets to learn the secret.

The raising will be a matter of pointing at a corpse and making a zombie AFAIK
*Hugs*

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 02:31:26 pm »

From what I gather, secrets are engraved on tablets by necromancers/gods, and people can read the tablets to learn the secret.

The raising will be a matter of pointing at a corpse and making a zombie AFAIK

The secrets of life and death given by the gods? that sounds awesome. Will the moment it happens be recorded in the history of the world to check out in legends? I certainly hope so :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 02:39:13 pm »

New bugs!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 02:42:43 pm »

New bugs!

Hah, true enough :P They'll be quirky though, I'm pretty sure Toady is taking time to make sure he gets all of the game-breaking ones before release, this time. Speaking of which, does anyone have a vague idea of when it'll be released? I get the feeling it will be soon. In time for Halloween would be appropriate :P

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 02:48:58 pm »

Personally, I look forward to having my own army of severed arms.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »

Personally, I look forward to having my own army of severed arms.

Clams!!

"Come MY Minions, RISE for your master~!"

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 09:48:43 pm »

I'm raising an army of zombie squirrels. GO, MY MINIONS! Steal the elven food supply, the tree hugging hypocrites!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 04:44:30 am »

I want a adventurer army. (Undead ones of course.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 04:46:42 am »

We can finally be the Lich King. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 04:07:04 pm »

Is there somewhere a fellow can go to read up on all the excessive awesome new stuff they're adding? :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »

Is there somewhere a fellow can go to read up on all the excessive awesome new stuff they're adding? :P
Read the current development logs on the main page. You might also be able to find out a little more in the Future of the Fortress links in the current development logs.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 05:39:39 pm »

Thank you both!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."