Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [Over] Terraria and Magicka - Winners Annouced!  (Read 8158 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway] Terraria and Magicka
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2011, 01:36:11 pm »

Magicka pl0x. I have Terraria and it's really boring...
Oh, you silly person. You must be doing it wrong! Try playing with someone you know. Or building a Megaproject.

But it has awkward controls and you die really early on and the fucking tutorial man-thing lets all the zombies in and it takes ages to get to anything interesting and it has nothing that I haven't seen already in Minecraft except loads of items that I have to spend ages digging towards to find.
The beginning is irritating mainly due to the Guide letting in all the damn zombies, and the endgame is boring due to you flying at 200mph whilst invincible and insta-murdering.

Megaprojects aren't as fun in terraria, either  :-\

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2011, 02:48:36 pm »

Oh, you silly person. You must be doing it wrong! Try playing with someone you know. Or building a Megaproject.

But it has awkward controls and you die really early on and the fucking tutorial man-thing lets all the zombies in and it takes ages to get to anything interesting and it has nothing that I haven't seen already in Minecraft except loads of items that I have to spend ages digging towards to find.
The beginning is irritating mainly due to the Guide letting in all the damn zombies, and the endgame is boring due to you flying at 200mph whilst invincible and insta-murdering.

Zombies? Those guys are easy. If you're getting killed by zombies consistently, then you're not doing it right. If the tutorial guy is letting zombies in, though, you should build another house for him. He automatically takes one. Then he'll stop annoying you. Or you can build walls. They can't break through dirt.

Yes, there is a lot of digging, but I like the exploration factor. The controls are actually not too bad. The inventory screen is annoying, but the controls are fine.

And you forgot bosses. Minecraft hasn't made any of those yet.

:P Go elsewhere to complain about games.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »

Zombies? Those guys are easy. If you're getting killed by zombies consistently, then you're not doing it right. If the tutorial guy is letting zombies in, though, you should build another house for him. He automatically takes one. Then he'll stop annoying you. Or you can build walls. They can't break through dirt.

Yes, there is a lot of digging, but I like the exploration factor. The controls are actually not too bad. The inventory screen is annoying, but the controls are fine.

And you forgot bosses. Minecraft hasn't made any of those yet.

:P Go elsewhere to complain about games.
I know many people like it, it is just me personally. Goodluck to whoever wins Terraria  :)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway] Terraria and Magicka - Ending Soon...Ish
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2011, 05:31:27 pm »

Signing up for Magicka, please :I

Thanks, Wub.  I miss you.  You should come back when you've cooled off.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway] Terraria and Magicka - Ending Soon...Ish
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2011, 08:32:45 pm »

Oh Vector, how nice of you to join me!

Shall I last call it tonight or wait one last day...? We'll see later.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway] Terraria and Magicka - Ending Soon!
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2011, 11:01:08 pm »

Last call. One more hour to join!

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »

Sign me up for Terraria and Magicka please.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2011, 11:12:21 pm »

To whoever wins Magicka; leap into it blind, and play it with 2-3 friends over Steam. It is wonderful!

Anyway, thankee for the give away thinger! Could you put me on the Terraria list? Also, may I suggest having a Limerick/Haiku writing, or beatboxing contest using via Vocaroo to decide the winner?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2011, 11:19:30 pm »

I'll take a signup for Terraria, if'n you don't mind.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2011, 11:21:32 pm »

Welp, I already got myself a copy of Terraria, which I neglect, but I'll enter for Magicka if I'm not TOO late!

EDIT: Heck yes, last person on list!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:44:05 am by Phantom »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway] Terraria and Magicka - Sign Ups Over!
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2011, 01:56:26 am »

Aaaaaand, let's ROLL! I've written up a fun little python program to do nothing other than waste time. Oh, and it finds out a winner.

Spoiler: Boring Print-Out (click to show/hide)

Twiggie has won the copy of Terraria!

Angel Of Death has won the copy of Magicka!

Also, I never mentioned it before this, but it's actually a DOUBLE GIVEAWAY! That means there will be two winners for each game. :D

Toaster has won the other copy of Terraria!

Vector has won the other copy of Magicka!

To obtain your copy of Terraria/Magicka, pm or post your Steam ID. Sooner would be nice, but whenever is good.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: [Over] Terraria and Magicka - Winners Annouced!
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2011, 02:01:56 am »

Congrats to all four of the winners!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2011, 02:05:13 am »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2011, 02:10:36 am »

Congratulations, everbubbly!

Wuba: I totally don't get what that program actually did, exactly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2011, 02:16:42 am »

:(

I lost hardcore...
[Signature]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10