Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231815 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1740 on: November 28, 2011, 06:07:52 am »

Personal Trade Orders

Buy 2 Flax in vasir
Sell in Aching, buy 2 units pork
sell in galam,
Sail to Shola, buy 2 units Medicine
Sell in ligoria, Buy 2 units LQ lumber
Sell in Lechem - Return to Vasir Empty
  • Bought at 1.6d (Roll of [1]). Sold at 2.2d Per unit (Roll of [2])
  • Bought at 1.2d (Roll of [1]). Sold at 4.8d Per unit (Roll of [2])
  • Bought at 4.4d (Roll of [6]). Sold at 4.0d Per unit (Roll of [1], added one Increment due to epidemic)
  • Bought at 1.2d (Roll of [1]). Sold at 3.0d Per unit (Roll of [6])

So... 3.2, 4.4 For the flax, 2.4, 9.6 For the pigs, 8.8, 8.0 For the medicine and 2.4, 6.0 For the Lumber

12.9 Ducats total funds after Season's trade.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 28, 2011, 08:51:02 am »

Tala felt a passionate flush rise unbidden to her face as Sheb took her hand unexpectedly. She was sure he saw it.

Alright-time to cool him down a bit...and herself. He had been a bit too forward, and unsettled her...a beginners mistake, but one he would learn to deal with in time.

She mastered her emotion in another moment, then withdrew her hand and smiled icily.

"Sir, I do not know how they do things in the country, but in the city one must asks permission to take a lady by the hand. I do not fault you for violating personal decorum in this instance, though, since you likely did not know. Not to say...that I did not enjoy it.

You will find I am not an easy woman to please, Sir Dimplefeather-only men of quality who prove themselves to me can become anything more than friendly company.

I must be careful in my position, but I am open to respectful courtiers such as yourself. We must meet again, perhaps in a less improvised setting... "

She sighed, finishing off her chocolate-a bit more hastily than she had intended...

"And, it seems I must be off now, what a pity... Twas a pleasure meeting you Sir Dimplefeather, and I trust you can pick up the tab. Quite expensive, but worth every penny."

She didn't rise, yet

"Also, my birthday is tomorrow, and if you wanted to send me a gift, I would be thankful."

Tala told Sheb her address, and after hearing what he had to say, floated out of the Gilded Cage feeling quite confused and uneasy...she needed Pasha, right now.

She arrived at her now empty apartment in the castle, and saw the note-on the bed, of course. It brought a smile to her face, until she read the contents.

General Vandire has requested I come see him. I'm not sure how long the meeting will take but I'll be back before nightfall, hopefully.
Yours,
Pasha

She was not put to ease. Nikephoros was crafty...and had all the emotional range of a brick, making him not only boring, but dangerous.

Pasha was smart though, she reassured herself-and she could surely trust him to fool that crusty old general.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:57:09 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: November 28, 2011, 09:08:44 am »

Pasha arrived not long after Tala did. Hands in his pockets, he headed upstairs to cool off and wait for her... and ended up running into her as she was reading his note. "It didn't take as long as I thought," he said, leaning on the door frame. "The general seems to think I'm a worthless lecher and you're a common prostitute," he said, clearly angry. "I don't mind his opinion of me - a lot of people think that..." he trailed off with a frustrated sigh. He wasn't able to correctly articulate how he felt. Yes, he knew Tala did sleep around. It was part of her job as a spy. Yes, he was also aware that she probably would never be just his. Again, it was her job as a spy coming between them. Unless she renounced the Dragon Empire she couldn't afford to be tied down to any one man or woman.

But it still upset him whenever someone spoke ill of her. Irrational, yes. Love often was. He wanted to punch something still, although that was fading due to the passage of time. He was still unhappy with the casual way Nikephoros had just insulted her, as if she was less than a person and unworthy of consideration, but he would try to let it go for now. He still had to work with the man, after all. He ran a hand through his hair and took a deep breath. "Let's just say I don't have a high opinion of the man right now. Maybe he'll prove me wrong when it comes to battle. Anyway I'm sure your day went better than mine...? he said, leaving it open for her to respond.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: November 28, 2011, 09:39:51 am »

Tala eyebrow left eyebrow raised once at his words-a bad author might have made her face 'contorted in rage', but Tala did not show anger visibly. When she was truly angry-as she had been with Sheb before-she just shut down, and showed no emotion at all. It was not a look she wanted Pasha to see very often.

"Let him think what he wants. He underestimates me at his own peril-and you as well."

She relaxed. Sighed. Let down her guard.

"My day? Hardly. I met a charming, handsome young man who no doubt wanted to bed me. Not a rare happening. A bit too overeager though, and he failed the test. He didn't have a wit of your paitence...or affection. He'll make a good project. Do not worry-I do not intend that man to ever see more than my neckline."

Tala chuckled, and forgot about Sheb in that moment, brightened up, and smiled.

She wanted to sooth the rage which she still saw broiling in Pashas eyes-rage at Nikephoros, and maybe about what she had just told him. That rage was often subdued, but it was the only part of him that sometimes scared her. She was slightly afraid now-not entirely for herself, but what might happen...she tried to calm him, with a light touch to the chest. He liked that.

Her tone was joking, and only semi-serious.

"Ahh, you can't blame them though. I mean, look at me! I'm not an easy person to ignore, am I? I fear, Pasha, I may have so many suitors, you must love me twice as hard to keep them all away, lest one of them sweeps me away..."

Her own green eyed gaze stared into his. Now her tone was less joking

"You're not angry at me, are you? I know...you do not like what I sometimes have to do, to have to live with it...You are the strongest man I have met, in more one ways than one.

What we have, is real. It feels real. It tastes real..."

She trailed off, her unease building.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 09:48:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 28, 2011, 09:57:39 am »

"What? No, I'm not angry. Not at you, anyway. I'm just... frustrated, I guess the word I'm looking for is." He took a deep breath and exhaled it as a lengthy sigh. He did wonder how long he was going to have to wait before Tala could give that other life up and just be herself, but he wasn't going to press the issue. He didn't want to start a fight right now; he just wasn't in the mood. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "The other thing I'm not happy about is we're heading out tomorrow. I would've liked to have stayed through to at least Saturday." For obvious reasons. For now, though, he decided to address one of her earlier statements.

"You may have many suitors, but there's only one person you can trust in all the world." He sat on the bed. "Anyway, I'd brought you something else, too. I meant to give it to you tomorrow but it looks like I'll have to give it to you early." He rested his elbows on his knees, clasped his hands together, and rested his chin on them. "It's hidden back there." He indicated a flower vase; if she looked behind it, she would find a bottle of fresh (last week of winter fresh, anyway) Galam Honey Ale. Regardless, he watched her for the moment, to see what her reaction to the departure order was.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 28, 2011, 10:16:17 am »

Tala waved away Pashas hand with a giggle. Damn that Nikephoros. There was no coincidence that he had ordered the army to move out on that particular day.

"Well, that puts off our plans...I had the royal loft reserved at the Gilded Cage and everything...

No matter. Being with you, right now, is all I need. It's all the time in the world to me."

She tapped her chin thoughtfully, and walked to the other side of the room-no flowers in winter, she spotted the Galam Honey Ale behind it right off. Ahh, that sweet golden oblivion...and, she noticed two glasses set to the side as well.

"You know me too well, Pasha. Though, I half expected you to attempt poetry again this year..."

She grinned at the memory, angling the bottle up toward the light so it flickered. She remembered that very well-it was such...a horrible poem, that didn't rhyme, or even make sense. But everything was so perfect and touching about it-mostly his clumsy yet amazingly endearing attempts to describe her hair and eyes. The memory could always make her laugh, not matter the situation.

She had it now, tucked in the small travelling chest that followed her from job to job, along with...well, lots of things Pasha had given her. That was odd, how she never thought of that before.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 28, 2011, 10:30:34 am »

Pasha couldn't help it; the very idea of attempting that brand of disaster a second time startled a laugh out of him. "Tala, I love you. That's why you got one 'poem' out of me. Even if the outcome of the most glorious battle in all of history, a battle for all the land in all the world hinged on my writing a second, I would rather fail." He patted the bed next to him. "Come over here." When she did so - and she inevitably would - he drew her up into his lap and rested his chin on her shoulder. For now he was content just to share a closeness with her; there was always the cold reality that every battle might be his last, and it would be these simple, treasured moments he carried into them. No need for words or action, just a simple hug.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: November 28, 2011, 10:46:15 am »

Sheb was left confused as he absent-mindedly paid for the drinks and requested a room. He may have to find a cheaper inn later on, but for now his purse was still full and he wanted to think for a while.

He had commited a mistake by being so rash, but then she had been far from subtle herself... All in all, he was confused, stuck between anger at having been played with and his admiration for that strange lady.

Anyway, there was no time for procastination. He was invited to her birthday, and given her place in Ligoria's circle of power, there would be many people to befriend and many opportunities. He had to find a present tough. She was obviously rich enough to buy anything she'd need, and he didn't know her enough to know of her personnal taste. Somehow he guessed that poetry wouldn't do.

Finally he settled for a fur coat of white hermin. That would remind her of their meeting and the consideration he had shown of not keeping her in the outside cold. Sure, it'd cost a lot to have it ready for the next evening, but he still had the money.

I'll then spend my time finding a good, efficient tailor to make me some more appropriate outfit for tomorrow. Whatever is in fashion. Pay him greatly so that the outfit be ready for the next night.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 28, 2011, 11:00:40 am »

He was right, of course-she did so cling to him, because they both knew how fragile life was.

They were there one moment...gone the next. They would make this moment count.

The Reaper could wait another day.

((time skip! :P ))

The next morning, the apartment was empty and quite cold. The warmth that had been there was gone, and the man who cleaned it could not help but liken it to tomb. It was an omen, but neither of them would ever know it.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 28, 2011, 11:06:23 am »

Ah... good. With the extra funds from selling artwork, the books were... almost balanced. At least, the numbers on both sides sort of looked like they made the same total, give or take a few primats. Good enough for now. He would pay off the loan later in spring.

Now was the time to forget about work and bookkeeping and punching criminals in the snout to establish superiority- now was the time to attend Tala Alanis and congratulate her on weathering the storm of life for another year. He whistled to Kraai, who was grooming himself on his stand.

"Your vanity does you credit, Kraai, but time has run out. Tala will have to appreciate you as you are, ruffled feathers and all."

Kraai gave an irritated croak and flitted to Hugo's proffered arm. Hugo picked up the carefully-wrapped painting with the other, and headed out humming 'happy birthday' under his breath.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: November 28, 2011, 11:20:58 am »

((which is to say, Hugo knows he has to catch Tala before she rides out in a suspiciously timed invasion that interrupted her birthday plans.))

Matthew Turin had been...casually walking in front of Hugos apartment-the list said he was another man she had invited-when he spotted Hugo.

He had already had an overpriced white coat that came in a fancy box stored in her closet when-and if-she ever returned, and sent a short, polite letter to the sender informing him, and everyone else that the party was put off. It had been an...annoying morning.

Now, he favored the artist and the bird with a slight frown.

"Excuse me, sir-I'm Matthew Turin, Steward of the Alanis estate.

I assume you are the one they call Hugo van Vissersdorp? Im sorry to say the ladies plans were...interrupted. You'll have to find her outside the gates, preparing for the muster of the Queens army. Or, I can take the gift to her, if you like. But you must hurry...

In any case, she had told me to apologize on her behalf."

He crossed his arms and smiled, but was not happy.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:23:19 am by Dwarmin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 28, 2011, 11:46:52 am »

Totally not a 'posting to watch' kind of post >.>
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 28, 2011, 11:47:39 am »

The Campaign Day, Late morning..

The main city square was full of people, soldiers and noise. Everyone was readying themselves for the order to march out, with people saying goodbye, childern and women crying and general sense of unwillingness to go. But Nikephoros saw that many times and knew the full ordeal. In but a moment he will speak with his officers and then the queen and then he will throw a speech at the crowd. Then everyone will go to their positions and the campaign will begin.

Nikephoros stood in the castle courtyard, observing the people at the square and talking to a group of officers. He had his way with them in the last summer manouvers, so he knew that he could depend on every single one of them. Save for Pasha.

"All right then, you know the drill. We do not expect any resistance on our way to Mileth, and the target itself is not that far away. In any case we will possess advantage in numbers and in equipment to defeat the enemy in field or in siege. But I hope that the enemy commander will be sane enought so discuss the terms of surrender before any bloodshed. He is without an alternative. either way, we should expect little to no losses, at least those caused by the foe.
Any questions?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: November 28, 2011, 11:58:46 am »

"Ah, zo. That is unfortunate. I shall make haste to the gates, then. Thank you kindly, Matthew."

Hugo jogs away towards the gates. A word to Kraai- a motion in the direction of the gates, and the bird flies off. Hopefully the bird will be spotted, and Tala will delay a few moments longer. Can't have this painting cluttering up the place for another season. Besides, with an arm free, less conventional means of travel become available. Hop over this wall, jog through someone's garden, jump off of their chicken coop and onto their neighbours roof- it takes five minutes out of the trip from here to the gates, at least.

On the assumption that he makes it in time:

Hugo, slightly out of breath, greets Tala with a bow and a smile.

"My congratulations and condolences, milady. Congratulations on your birthday, and condolences on your need to leave without at least a single night of merriment. Although-"

Hugo narrows his eyes and looks over Tala carefully.

"Perhaps your nights have not been entirely unenjoyable? Forgive me for saying so, but you have the air of a woman in love. For that, I also give my congratulations."

He then proffers the wrapped painting.

"Als het uw belieft; a gift, to secure my eyesight. Perhaps it will remind you that it would be best not to suffer any injuries in the coming battles. I think you will find it an entirely unbiased piece."

((The painting, for whenever it is opened, is as follows:
Tala on a white background.
No details. Unremarkable clothing and pose. Absolutely neutral.
The painting's only feature of note is how much effort has been put into making it as lifelike and flattering a portrayal as possible, representing the peak of Hugo's- if not the entire modern world's- skill at painting. Certainly even the most stoic and uncultured person would be forced to admit that it is a decent piece of work. It clearly indicates an almost unhealthy obsession on the part of the painter for the subject.))
Long Live United Forenia!

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: November 28, 2011, 12:14:43 pm »

Avitus had approached during the general's speech. He now stood right behind Nikephoros.
"I recognize your straightforward yet inspiring style, General. That was a nice speech. I'm just here to wish you Godspeed, and may you all come back alive." His tone went really low "Especially the Queen... Also, I'll officially be in charge while you are gone, so don't fear for the kingdom's fate." He went back to a normal volume "In conclusion, may you bring glory to Ligoria, and all hail our Queen!"
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 220