Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231681 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #405 on: October 10, 2011, 08:04:26 am »

Huh....HAH...eh...
William shrugs, starts running and then throws the hooded cloak off and slides the mask down.

Chase him down, get painting back.

Opposed rolls

William [5] VS Art Thief [6]

William begins his pursuit of the mysterious young thief, who seems to quite skilled in the art of evasion...he knows the darkened garden like the back of his hand-and everytime William stumbes, he gains distance...but, how can he hope to escape? The whoops of other guards and their hounds are already scouring every inch of the gardens and fields for him.

Eventually, William corners him up against the castle wall. Before he can think to do anything, the young man pulls out what looks like a crossbow pistol, aims it at the parapets and fires-there is a metallic sounding *sproing* as a tethered hook is launched from it-a few moments later, A stunned William watches as the young man clambers up the wall like a spider.

As he reaches the top, he yells out, in a booming voice-one even the Queen hears.

"No one will ever catch the Master Thief, Lord of Crows! Ahahhahhah!"

Then, he springs *over* the castle wall, and his cloak billows up as if it caught a draft-what? Does he have some sort wings? He glides off into the city on his strange wings, much like a crow in flight, cackling insanely.

What just happened?

[1] A few guards, eyes tired late at night, attempt to shoot down the bird/bat man with crossbow bolts, but he jigs out of the way with a practiced barrel roll. ((lol?))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tala inclined her head, and followed the Queen. Well, she had already ruined the party, the worse she could do now was throw her into the arena for serving the shrimp puffs overspiced.

"As you wish, my queen."

Tala Alanis heads to the throne room
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:11:44 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 10, 2011, 09:19:53 am »

There would be only one thing said by the queen in response:

"BLOODY MAGPIE!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:40 am »

"OI...YOU STOLE MY CLAN NAME."

William looks around for a tower he can climb into and use the stairs and if he sees none, climbs the rope.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2011, 11:15:18 am »

William looks around for a tower he can climb into and use the stairs and if he sees none, climbs the rope.
[1] There is no way up, except for the rope. You start climbing up, but when you have climbed a few meters, you feel the rope twitch, and then with a faint 'click' from above, the rope falls away, taking you with it. [1]You crash into the ground hard. You feel like you've broken a bone or two.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:28 am »

...Get up...

"Stupid...goddamn guards..."

Pickup grappling hook. Find a gate that's open. Preferably one by the stables.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:28:16 am by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 10, 2011, 11:29:41 am »

As he was waiting by the gate, Kathos watched the thief escape and another man go after him. He sighed when the other man fell from the rope. He did'nt really care about him, but he couldn't leave him there on the ground either. He looked at his guards.

"Find a doctor or someone like that, tell him someone fell from the wall. I'll wait for you."

And he walked towards the man on the ground and looked at him. It didn't look good. Against all odds, the man managed to get up.

"I wouldn't move if I were you. Help is coming. What is your name, and do you have enough money to pay for a doctor?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 10, 2011, 11:34:39 am »

"Are the goddamn gates...open yet? This guy.. is pissing me off..."
 William speaks in perfect proper through gritted teeth.He wobbled but he kept himself standing by putting a hand on the wall. He grabbed up the grappling hook and wrapped it around his shoulder, even through the Adrenaline he winced in pain.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:36:52 am by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 10, 2011, 11:39:12 am »

"You can barely stand, sir. If you tried to chase this thief you would only slow down the guards. He will not get out of this city alive."

To prevent the man from doing anything stupid, Kathos made sure he was between the wounded and the gate.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 10, 2011, 11:45:57 am »

"I'm fine...now please get out of my way...
As if to prove this point William took his hand off the wall and stood up straighter, wincing visibly.
"Its just my arm and my ankle that's broken...and maybe a concussion and perhaps a few of my fingers..actually maybe a lot of my fingers...I'll be fine, now please move!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:29 pm »

Kathos didn't move. The other man was slightly taller than him, but he was quite slender - Kathos himself was strong like a bull.

"And what are you going to do? Run after the thief with a broken ankle? Ride, just to make sure you'll break your neck when you'll fall from your horse? Ligoria is a great city, and this man is probably already far away. You wouldn't have a chance to catch up with him even if you were in perfect shape."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 10, 2011, 12:11:07 pm »

William stares at the man in front of him with an icy look in his eye.
"I said get out of my way!" William yells as he begins a stumbling and faltering walk to the gate.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:12:54 pm by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 10, 2011, 12:16:57 pm »

Kathos sighed.

"Fine."

He liked determined men, and he couldn't care less if that man died or survived. That, and the fact that knocking a man unconscious to help him didn't sound very smart. He decided to wait there until his guards came back.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 10, 2011, 12:19:44 pm »

William heads to the gate and sees if its open, if not he hassles the guards into opening it, if so he finds his horse and heads towards the direction of the thief.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 10, 2011, 12:23:21 pm »

One of the guards chimed in on the nobles conversation:

"Bah, he won't go too far for a month or two at least, He always does this kind of thing to start his sprees then just annoys the absolute hell out of us. He stole my undergarments last time!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 10, 2011, 12:44:12 pm »

William stares at the guard for a full minute with a blank look.
"Are the gates open yet?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 220