Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 233048 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2910 on: February 02, 2012, 05:53:47 am »

"Join? It depends. But I most certainly would like to speak with your leader. I want to find out what is going on. On my way here I saw nothing but burnt out countryside and not a peasant or a living creature."

Demand a meeting with the besieging leader. Find out who that is and what is being offered. Bring bodyguard along.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: February 02, 2012, 10:19:03 pm »

The Border Campaign
Demand a meeting with the besieging leader. Find out who that is and what is being offered. Bring bodyguard along.

The man leads you back to the besiegers camp, engaging in light conversation along the way. He laments the current state of the peninsula. The bandit raids, the terror among the populace. He tactfully implies that somehow, this is Ligoria's fault for marching off to Mileth.

You and your bodyguard(s?) arrive at the camp, there is much bustle and activity about the camp. [2] Your count as you pass through the camp reveals there may be anywhere from 2-4 regiments. You are met by a tall, broad shouldered man wearing armor and a blue cloak. He carries himself with a quiet gravity.

"Ah. You must be from the Ligorian army. I am Jeram. I am afraid Sir Hopper is asleep right now, but I can speak for him. We are intending to capture Blackadder, in order to divine the true nature of the conspiracy in the peninsula. Surely you have seen the signs of battle. People are abandoning their lands or lashing out at their neighbors, all the while raiders come and go with reckless impunity. My own forces, having slain many raiders have discovered evidence pointing to Lord Blackadder. Given Blackadder was once a bandit, we presume that he is responsible or at the least an accomplice of the true villain."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: February 03, 2012, 12:12:25 am »

First thing William will do is head to his Barracks and check if his men are still alive and functioning. If they are, he'll leave orders there then head to the lord. If they aren't, he'll await further orders from me. The Republican Regiment will stay below decks and wait for William's signal or till they hear the sound of fighting or the crew informs them of the sound of fighting.

[4] Your men are alive and well keeping themselves busy in your absence playing cards, drinking and whoring. You proceed to the Lord's Manor to have a chat per his request.

"William! Long time no see! How've you been? The Captain and I were under the impression you had left except that your men were still around. They said you went to attend a wedding and you'd return soon. Seems sooner than we thought. I trust the wedding went well?"
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: February 03, 2012, 12:29:45 am »

William's regiment is to slowly and silently begin surrounding the Manor House, keeping out of view. But being ready to intercept anybody leaving that isn't William. A messenger will be sent to The Republican regiment, which is to leave the boat and secure the dock. If anybody asks they are to say they are mercs hired by the Lord Of Polca.
Then they are to surround the main Gaurdhouse.

"It went...very well, thank you...How are you doing without your, shall we say, 'off the books income'?"
William was looking intently at his nails, he let himself grin slightly as he looked back into the Lord's face.

William watches the man's reaction.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:45:43 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: February 03, 2012, 01:06:03 am »

Laythe strode down one of the citadels halls, knowing that in order to take back Ligoria, she would need funds, and the traders had come back with a large amount, much more would be needed. And in order to gain those funds, she would need to gow lower in life's callings: Mercenary work.

With this in mind, she had requested a meeting with Eshir to discuss the possibilites of such work...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: February 03, 2012, 02:35:49 am »

William's regiment is to slowly and silently begin surrounding the Manor House, keeping out of view. But being ready to intercept anybody leaving that isn't William. A messenger will be sent to The Republican regiment, which is to leave the boat and secure the dock. If anybody asks they are to say they are mercs hired by the Lord Of Polca.
Then they are to surround the main Gaurdhouse.

William watches the man's reaction.

[11] The city guard inspecting ship sare not amused in the least by the sheer terrible lies of being hired by the Lord of Polca. Given the recent events in the city, the Lord has put himself in a better position with the city than he's been in for year. 'Your' men getting off the ship are immediately detained and taken to the Guard Captain who leaves for the Lord's house, knowing that you're now back in town. It doesn't take long for the men to admit that they're Ligorian. The captain immediately sends men to detain the rest of your guard at the barracks, to find it empty. Being more intelligent than a groundhog, they know where you would be headed.

[5] You notice the slight flinch at the mention of his involvement regarding the smugglers, but he simply looks at you and smiles.

"Well, to be fair - they were a good means to certain ends. I have no regrets using them. Advantage to me, however, was that given your disappearance after the events that night I came out WELL ahead in public opinion. The entire city thinks it was my doing. A few good public appearances afterward and everything since your arrival was written off as one long operation to clear the plague of smugglers from Polca's borders" He laughs a little and takes a drink of his whiskey, "I have to thank you William..it's been a long long time since anyone in the city has had such a high opinion of me"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: February 03, 2012, 09:23:34 am »

"If what you say its true then we migh solve the problem quickly. But i need to speak to your master first and get his word on joining Ligoria."

Demand a meeting with sir Hopper.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: February 03, 2012, 12:24:02 pm »

The Crimson Guard moves in on the Manor. Securing it quickly and without undue bloodshed- AKA knocking people out, tying them up and such, instead of stabbing them. Killing only when purely nessacery.

William's fist clenched slightly, but it went unnoticed by the man. He forced himself to relax.
"Your the one who made this city what it is. Rotten, corrupt. Weak. Your just going let the smugglers back in. You've done nothing for this city of yours, your Lordship, except profit from it's stagnation."

"Today blood will be spilt. Do something right for once and prevent that, abdicate and let me rule. Actually do something good for Polca, for once in your rulership."

"Or we try the other way..."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:28:04 pm by filiusenox »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: February 03, 2012, 05:35:09 pm »

The Crimson Guard moves in on the Manor. Securing it quickly and without undue bloodshed- AKA knocking people out, tying them up and such, instead of stabbing them. Killing only when purely nessacery.

"I can't say that I appreciate that course of action, good sir. I was given assurances previously that I would continue in my position with Hatcuri oversight. This is very disappointing..."

[23] A few knocks at the door are heard and shortly after the Guard Captain enters the room

The Lord looks at the Captain as he enters, who simply grins and nods acknowledgment to him.

"So it would seem that you not only went to enjoy a wedding, you secured assistance for when you returned. We had assumed as much -"

The Lord is interrupted by several of your men entering the office - it's becoming quite crowded in here. Your men indicate that they should, now, control the house. They look surprised that the captain beat them in.

Laythe strode down one of the citadels halls, knowing that in order to take back Ligoria, she would need funds, and the traders had come back with a large amount, much more would be needed. And in order to gain those funds, she would need to gow lower in life's callings: Mercenary work.

With this in mind, she had requested a meeting with Eshir to discuss the possibilites of such work...

"Growing restless in my fair city Laythe? Tends to happen when you're making an attempt to not be noticed too much. So far reports of your presence here have been slim and easily ignored. I have heard that one of your few agents remaining in Talama got himself hung a few nights ago. Pity that..."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: February 03, 2012, 05:42:17 pm »

"Very good."

"Funny you should mention that, your Lordship. I have a message from the representative  of the Hatcur, in these parts."

William took the scroll out of his pocket and threw it to the man.

"May I have a slug of brandy, while you read?"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: February 03, 2012, 06:00:38 pm »

William took the scroll out of his pocket and threw it to the man.

He hands you the bottle while he reads [6] "I see...very well. If this is what Hatcur desires, so be it. I shall make the announcement this afternoon."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:05:39 pm by CyberGenesis »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: February 03, 2012, 06:06:16 pm »

Demand a meeting with sir Hopper.

"Sir Hopper made his stance on the matter clear, two years ago. He is also, currently asleep. I do not need the assistance of Ligoria to finish my mission, but having it would make things easier."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: February 03, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »

William tensed himself for action. Then the lord spoke. William looked...surprised, he set the bottle on the desk.

"Wait, wha- I mean...of course. I'll be present, behind you, when you make the speech."

The Crimson Gaurds will remain in control of the Manor, until William tells them otherwise. William will stand behind the Lord when he makes his speech. Ready for action

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: February 03, 2012, 06:18:57 pm »

"As long as one of them was successful, it is enough. Though it may make things more difficult when the time comes. As for being restless, that is a secondary concern, but a pressing one at that. In regards, is there anything that my Cavalry and I can assist with?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: February 03, 2012, 07:37:14 pm »

The Crimson Gaurds will remain in control of the Manor, until William tells them otherwise. William will stand behind the Lord when he makes his speech. Ready for action

"Oh course you will..."

Later that day...

"Ladies and gentlefolk of Polca. I come to you this day to provide both good and bad news. The last couple seasons for Polca have been eventful to say the least, a little domestic terrorism turned into the removal of the smugglers that so thoroughly entrenched themselves in our city over the years. The silver lining to the coming cloud I must lay on you all - I'm not well. Part of the reason many things have happened over the years has been due to slowly failing health. I appologize for the suffering this has caused all of you. Which brings me to the next bit of news..."

The Lord takes a breath, looking exhausted, before continuing. "I have secured an alliance with the Nation of Hatcur. As part of this alliance, I am stepping down from most of the major day-to-day operations of administration and allowing the man beside me now to continue as the agent of Hatcur. I will remain in the city and in my Manor as the face of Hatcur to the people of Polca to whatever degree I am needed. With that, I shall step aside and allow Hatcur's agent to introduce himself and speak for the Hatcuri nation"

"As long as one of them was successful, it is enough. Though it may make things more difficult when the time comes. As for being restless, that is a secondary concern, but a pressing one at that. In regards, is there anything that my Cavalry and I can assist with?"

"Yes, of course..." Eshir shuffles some papers on this desk and pulls out a report that appears to be quite a few weeks old - torn, stained (with what?) and weather-damaged. "There is a situation to the west that I could use some new scouting reports on. Nothing too damgerous, just a status check on some former clients of Galam. Recently the remains of the former Motavi Empire have decided to continue a dispute from their past. Given full warning that I would remove my men from their borders should old hurt feelings come to light again, they proceeded anyway. Currently most of my forces are redistributed, travelling or on a much deserved rest period after service tours."

He hands you the report and continues, "As you say, your men are all horseback which will give you certain advantages of speed and mobility than most of mine. All of my own scouts are busy securing replacement contracts. So if you're bored enough, I like a new report on the civil dispute of the areas listed on that report. If not, no hurt feelings from me."
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 220