Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Wild West Mafia - GAME OVER - Scum Win!  (Read 144516 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West Mafia - Day 1 [9/9] - No gold for the wicked ?
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 09:24:21 pm »

Shark Oh, there it is.  My bad. 
Unvote, Urist Imiknorris:  Who would you prefer for a scumpartner?

Diakron: No problem, I wasn't sure if you were new here and wanted to clarify.  Anyway, onward!
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 09:24:57 pm »

I believe I answered your first and last in my other post but the middle question still stands.

First off. Bravo! Day one and making accusations on a persons activity! But I guess since you didn't have to work ten hours today you DO look more active then I. Can't really give up my life for a game, sorry.

Cuase I believe that you should call attention to anything that jumps out at you, maybe I shouldn't have commented, but you WAY overreacted to it, instead of ignoring it (Cause i said that I misread it) and asking what you did to provoke my attention. Nothing at all. It was just posted to try and get a response from Urist Imiknorris. See if he tried to capitalize on it. After all, everything else was directed at him.

Jim Groovester you just tipped your hand, and frankly, I'm more then a little surprised that it was so easy...

Yeah, I don't like this. You're overreading RVS and you're being pretty damn jumpy.

First off, he never accused you of being inactive. He just accused you of making shit up. We don't need to know your schedule. It's Saturday. No one's expecting anyone to be especially active, why are you being so touchy?

Secondly, you say you believe that you should call attention to anything that jumps out at you and then you vote Jim... for... for doing... wait, wasn't he just doing what you said you should do? Calling attention to something that jumped out at him? What? Really? It sounds like a major OMGUS to me.

I think my vote will sit tight on you for a while.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 09:32:22 pm »

It started as something subconscious I guess, but after reading everything, I kept being drawn to Urist Imiknorris. First off, Urist Imiknorris seems to be sowing confusion, to be fair RVS is all about trying to shake people up, but his is drawing away from the game. Once again, to be fair, Andrew started it, just noticed. (Possible scum team?)

You're going to have to justify these claims.

But his question, asking for favorite role, What Would You Do's, and favorite scum buddies is common and employed by everone, but this?
Jim Groovester, which side would you rather play: Town, scum or SK?

It rings alarms in my head, and alarms should be investigated. Do I feel 100% about him? No but if we were waiting for 100% then the scum would just pick us off with night kills. Am I ready to end the RVS? Not quite, there is one other player to speak out.

Will I forget my thoughts on this matter?

Not til the game ends...

That question is fairly common too. I don't understand your objection.

Jim Groovester you just tipped your hand, and frankly, I'm more then a little surprised that it was so easy...

Overreacting much?

Calm down a little.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2011, 09:34:09 pm »

Noodlerex, what's your favorite role in mafia?
[/quote]

Basic town.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2011, 09:44:11 pm »

I believe I answered your first and last in my other post but the middle question still stands.

First off. Bravo! Day one and making accusations on a persons activity! But I guess since you didn't have to work ten hours today you DO look more active then I. Can't really give up my life for a game, sorry.

Cuase I believe that you should call attention to anything that jumps out at you, maybe I shouldn't have commented, but you WAY overreacted to it, instead of ignoring it (Cause i said that I misread it) and asking what you did to provoke my attention. Nothing at all. It was just posted to try and get a response from Urist Imiknorris. See if he tried to capitalize on it. After all, everything else was directed at him.

Yeah, I don't like this. You're overreading RVS and you're being pretty damn jumpy.

First off, he never accused you of being inactive. He just accused you of making shit up. We don't need to know your schedule. It's Saturday. No one's expecting anyone to be especially active, why are you being so touchy?

Secondly, you say you believe that you should call attention to anything that jumps out at you and then you vote Jim... for... for doing... wait, wasn't he just doing what you said you should do? Calling attention to something that jumped out at him? What? Really? It sounds like a major OMGUS to me.

I think my vote will sit tight on you for a while.

All you got out of that was the fact that I worked today? Are you kidding me? did you, I don't know READ anything I posted?

If I was scum, why (think on this a little please) would I just jump out and draw attention to myself? I believe I stated that it was actually a draw for Urist Imiknorris, But I believe that OMGUS is not implied here. I never question him voting for me. If you are ready to begin your campaign against someone, then go for it. Jim thinks I'm scum (and he's within his rights to mass question me, I've been here done that, and got nominated as "Most likely to be to be Day1 lynched"), I think he's scum. (And believe that I have something other then a few odd questions)

Oh Look then Votes reflect that!

Why are you sticking up for him is what i want to know...
Back to Mafia with me!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2011, 09:49:28 pm »

Diakron, its a little early for WIFOM isn't it?
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »

Unvote, Urist Imiknorris:  Who would you prefer for a scumpartner?

I'm not sure - this is my second mafia game, and the only person here I've played with before is Jim. I'd probably want someone who looks mildly scummy so I could spearhead a lynch on them for extra town cred.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »

Please be a little more specific, I don't see any Wine here.

And are you really saying that is the only reason you vote me?
Back to Mafia with me!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2011, 10:01:03 pm »

All you got out of that was the fact that I worked today? Are you kidding me? did you, I don't know READ anything I posted?

If I was scum, why (think on this a little please) would I just jump out and draw attention to myself? I believe I stated that it was actually a draw for Urist Imiknorris, But I believe that OMGUS is not implied here. I never question him voting for me. If you are ready to begin your campaign against someone, then go for it. Jim thinks I'm scum (and he's within his rights to mass question me, I've been here done that, and got nominated as "Most likely to be to be Day1 lynched"), I think he's scum. (And believe that I have something other then a few odd questions)

Oh Look then Votes reflect that!

Why are you sticking up for him is what i want to know...

I could ask you the same thing, did you read what I posted? There was more than "hurr durr you worked.". Please fully read someone's post before you reply to it. You seemed to miss the entire point of it.

Oh, you're ABSOLUTELY right, why would you do that as scum. How silly of me. You couldn't just be bad scum. Nobody gives a shit what you say you would or would not do if you were scum, that's the absolute worst kind of WIFOM. If that was ever a valid argument, ANY slip could be dismissed with a "if I was scum, why would I do that?". Do you see the flaw in that argument?

Okay, if there's no OMGUS there, then WHY did you vote for Jim? You don't have to question someone's vote on you for it to be an OMGUS, and the only possible reason I can see if because he voted for you (hm, that sounds like an OMGUS). Unless it was for pointing out something that jumped out to him, in which case you should be trying to make a decision between voting either Jim or yourself.

It's cute that you think I need your permission to start a campaign against you.

The rest of your post is a jumbled mess of things that I don't care about and never asked about. I mean, what do the votes reflecting it have anything to do with it?

As for "sticking up for Jim", he's a big boy and can handle himself. I'm not sticking up for Jim, I'm attacking you for acting scummy.

You still haven't pointed out why you think Jim is scum, or why you think he's scum over Imiknorris. Any reason for that?

Please be a little more specific, I don't see any Wine here.

No wine, huh?

Then what's this?

If I was scum, why (think on this a little please) would I just jump out and draw attention to myself?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2011, 10:02:01 pm »

If I was scum, why...(Wine goes here)

That.  That is classic WIFOM defense.  You dismiss accusations against you because scum you would never do that, and that is WIFOM.  I'm voting you because you're paranoid, jumpy, over-reactionary, and the WIFOM pushed it from "new and nervous" to "scum and nervous".
On the Nature of Dwarves

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2011, 10:22:27 pm »

Wait is your answer to my question is that it's WIFOM? I meant that as a rhetorical to get you to stop and reread everything I said before. I Can see that, yes it is WIFOM, but...

Okay I fucked that up horribly, Maybe I'm not ready to start mafia again. Still just typing whatever goes through my head. I thought that I had gotten over that. Lets see if I can restate that to mean what I wanted.

No, I honestly believe that is the best I'm able to do... Without the question and I'd have made a good point, with it I made myself look scummy.

I really have no idea what I can do, but shut up. I normally explode and call everyone dumba**es and telling them all to eff off. Never really was able to figure this part out. And I guess asking for help is out of the question.

Crap.
Back to Mafia with me!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »

Diakron: If you're having trouble getting back into the groove, play a few BM games where you can ask for help and get back up to speed.

Regardless, my vote stays on you until either you can prove you're not scum or someone scummier slips up.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »

My vote's would probably going to be either noodlerex, for having only one post, which is literally two words, or diakron. Both seem kinda scummy. Noodlerex has one, very short post, like he's trying to avoid talking. Diakron is mostly just a gut feeling in the way he's acting so far, so i'm not going to say anything more until we hear more.

But I think there's plenty of day left so whatever.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2011, 10:50:13 pm »

My vote's would probably going to be either noodlerex, for having only one post, which is literally two words, or diakron. Both seem kinda scummy. Noodlerex has one, very short post, like he's trying to avoid talking. Diakron is mostly just a gut feeling in the way he's acting so far, so i'm not going to say anything more until we hear more.

Why are you being so cautious? Ask questions, assert your suspicious, apply some pressure. Don't just sit around and wait.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2011, 10:55:58 pm »

Why are you being so cautious? Ask questions, assert your suspicious, apply some pressure. Don't just sit around and wait.

Cause i'm still pretty nooby at this. I guess I should.
Anyway, going to bed, won't be posting for like 10 hours.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26