Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh dear...  (Read 1811 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
Oh dear...
« on: September 22, 2011, 08:24:55 am »

You know how when a creature kills a dwarf, it stays homicidal even after you tame it? I got this perfect, huge, fat, cave crocodile, but he's tasted dwarven flesh, so he's currently on a labored rampage around my fort, eating animals as he sees fit. He's apparently too bloated to keep up with dwarves, but the job cancellations will be making this fortress/cave croc breeding ground impossible to play. Can I mod the world.sav so that he isn't...you know, murderous?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 08:26:30 am »

Send in the marines!
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 08:27:44 am »

But...it took me so long to get 'im, man! I really would prefer not to have to cull this perfect stud croc, if possible.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:29:49 am »

Not sure, but I know Runesmith allows you to toggle a lot of different states for creatures, like 'caged,' or 'invader,' possibly including [DWARF_FLESH_DEPENDENT]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 08:32:03 am »

If nothing else, you should be able to contain the beast via cage traps and whatnot.  A male can be a breeding stud while in a cage.  Only the female needs to be free.  Casanova Win.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 08:33:03 am »

Works for me. Just to be safe, I'd assume that training him into a war croc would make him getting loose worse, no?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 08:44:25 am »

...one way to find out, innit?

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 08:48:33 am »

...True enough. FOR ‼SCIENCE‼

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 10:16:39 am »

While you're at it, why not see if it can satisfy it's need for dwarven flesh with elven flesh?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 11:08:00 am »

Also, I embarked on a One-Eyed Devil's lair, and it tends to hang out in my volcano, jumping out at and chasing down migrants every once in a while. It didn't touch my king, who just showed up (for the first time!) right next to it, so that's good. I guess.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 11:13:32 am »

Your king is clearly in league with the HFS.  Has he mandated any adamantine or slade items lately?
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 12:52:32 pm »

Nope, and I checked his thoughts & preferences and HE HAS NONE. No friends, no likes/dislikes, he worships a god of metal, and he's so far simply content.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 12:54:49 pm »

Nope, and I checked his thoughts & preferences and HE HAS NONE. No friends, no likes/dislikes, he worships a god of metal, and he's so far simply content.
A king who isn't an utter failure and is not Cacame?

IT'S A TRAP

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 10:12:06 am »

So...yeah. The entire military guard he brought has been slaughtered by that one devil, and he still shows up like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:29 am »

So...yeah. The entire military guard he brought has been slaughtered by that one devil, and he still shows up like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Give the man a chair, he deserves it. 

Interesting, I suppose he's a surviving 'first generation' dwarf from worldgen?  Are they inherently immortal, or is it because he's the civ leader?  I think we can see the root cause of his awesomeness; he's in touch with his Id.
Pages: [1] 2