Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New culture suggestion (also a mod concept.)  (Read 5014 times)

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
New culture suggestion (also a mod concept.)
« on: September 20, 2011, 09:26:44 pm »

Just two seemingly good culture concepts I thought of, neither is fully explored, just more.... Unique and basic then current culture.

Elves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Soul Dolls

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:14:32 pm by Roraborialisforealis »

Sethner Von Hertts

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Creed: Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum
    • View Profile
Re: New culture suggestion (also a mod concept.)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:34:55 pm »

Soul dolls need to be able to gain personalities by killing intelligent beings.
If the all those in the heavens refuse me salvation, then all those in the heavens will die by my hands.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:37:21 pm »

Or perhaps gain a personality trait ever year/month. I kinda want them to be the perfect karma stomped on race. Perhaps make an extra rare variant that can socialize.

Sethner Von Hertts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:38:42 pm »

And maybe upgrade themselves with chunks of their foes, like sticking dragon asses onto their head to protect their brain from fire and blunt impacts
If the all those in the heavens refuse me salvation, then all those in the heavens will die by my hands.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:34 pm »

And maybe upgrade themselves with chunks of their foes, like sticking dragon asses onto their head to protect their brain from fire and blunt impacts
HOW PROFANE!

Sethner Von Hertts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:06:05 pm »

Twas merely an example good chap, for truly no man could be more perverse than to adorn his scalp with the arses of his fallen foes, a more elegant solution would be to apply additional arms, to his ears and feet.

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 07:58:20 pm »

Hunting changes: Elves will naturally prefer to kill predators, and scorn killing herbivores.

I don't believe there is a point to this. If predators did not keep herbivores' numbers in check, the grass eaters would over consume and destroy plant ecosystems. Elves have no bias for certain aspects of nature, they are ecofascists. Sounds much better than hippie.

I kinda want them to be the perfect karma stomped on race.

What do you mean exactly?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:10:18 pm by Agorp Stronden »

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 08:16:06 pm »

Hunting changes: Elves will naturally prefer to kill predators, and scorn killing herbivores.

I don't believe there is a point to this. If predators did not keep herbivores' numbers in check, the grass eaters would over consume and destroy plant ecosystems. Elves have no bias for certain aspects of nature, they are ecofascists. Sounds much better than hippie.

I cant think of the dolls as... Evil. If that makes sense. But since they are not able to communicate they cant hold relations with other creatures and get raided/hunted down on the pretext of being animals/unnatural, and I want what they have type things. I think I talked about that in the description.

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 08:49:16 pm »

Well, then, who makes them?

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 09:07:28 pm »

Well, then, who makes them?
They do.
Who made the first?
Who knows. IT could have been some benevolent fool who decided to use necromancy to make something good. It may have been armok himself. Maybe some dwarve wanted to build their daughter a mechanical husband in a strange mood and it ran away. Could be any number of guesses.

Agorp Stronden

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead by Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 11:08:50 pm »

8)
 /
|
|
|
P:S:
Soul dolls need to be able to gain personalities by killing intelligent beings.
8)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:10:40 pm by Agorp Stronden »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »

I cant think of the dolls as... Evil. If that makes sense. But since they are not able to communicate they cant hold relations with other creatures and get raided/hunted down on the pretext of being animals/unnatural, and I want what they have type things. I think I talked about that in the description.

How about this..
What if they do not perceive these actions as evil, seeing it as a natural thing, such as DF Elves being a cannibalistic culture.

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 11:24:34 pm »

Ulti. I think your mixing up elves and soul dolls somewhere along the line... Lol.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 03:00:40 pm »

this is actually a pretty cool idea. I like the soul dolls. It would be cool to adventure as one, especially if you could collect memories and personalities from fallen foes. That could turn them insane from taking the personalities from too many dragons or goblins. if you do add the soul sucking thing, getting a memory should be something like "Your vision blurs. Images rush past your eyes. You see a dwarf sweating at the forges, creating his masterpiece. You see a mother carrying a child. You see a soul doll delivering a final blow. You fall down. You have been knocked unconscious." and you go prone, or possibly sleep until dawn. maybe I'm taking that a bit too far, so maybe it could be a different race of blank souls. Like the idea, though.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 12:42:22 am »

Get a little prototype setup on adventuremode..... Get quests via killing people. I kinda like it. You kill a goblin, then you think your a goblin..... and join them on a siege.  8)
Pages: [1] 2 3