Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: "Specialsurprise", The Medical Experiment - For SCIENCE!  (Read 59532 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: "Specialsurprise", The Medical Experiment - For SCIENCE!
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2011, 04:06:03 pm »

dwarves have the best rebuttal to anything.
The Necro910 Effect, correct?

Obviously.  What else could it be but
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Water? YOU SAY WATER?

How can you even...

HOW DARE YOU, YOU INSOLENT LITTLE ELF

Necro cancels record keeping: Throwing tantrum.
An orthoclase floodgate has been destroyed!

But if you mix it with
MAGMAAAAAAAAAA
then you get
OBSIDIAAAAAAAAAAAN
which is very dwarven.
Obsidian does not get an exageration. It is a rock, as opposed to a MAGMAAAAAAAAAAA

Great, you happy now? It's his second tantrum this week! Geez.
We'll need to put Necro910 in the room of Magmatic Happiness* to "calm him down".

*the one with a lever that floods the whole fort in magma, except for the one room where it is located
hey, it involves magma and happiness

MUST... DRINK...
MAGMA

Magma has been struck down

Magma? MAGMA?
SPEAK TO ME
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *vomit*
Ah there you are. Hey! Magma!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2011, 04:37:21 pm »

Great, you happy now? It's his second tantrum this week! Geez.
We'll need to put Necro910 in the room of Magmatic Happiness* to "calm him down".

*the one with a lever that floods the whole fort in magma, except for the one room where it is located
hey, it involves magma and happiness

MUST... DRINK...
MAGMA

Magma? MAGMA?
SPEAK TO ME
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *vomit*
Ah there you are. Hey! Magma!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Truly, I am a horrible person.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:23:00 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2011, 04:41:44 pm »

Where is the baby?  :-[

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2011, 08:29:05 pm »

dwarves have the best rebuttal to anything.
The Necro910 Effect, correct?

Obviously.  What else could it be but
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Water? YOU SAY WATER?

How can you even...

HOW DARE YOU, YOU INSOLENT LITTLE ELF

Necro cancels record keeping: Throwing tantrum.
An orthoclase floodgate has been destroyed!

But if you mix it with
MAGMAAAAAAAAAA
then you get
OBSIDIAAAAAAAAAAAN
which is very dwarven.
As the first person I know of to use the word obsidian like that, I demand the right to be angry at your use of it even though you couldn't have possibly known about it! Wait, that sounded better in my head...
Er...
Keep up the good work, Crustypeanut!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2011, 09:48:28 pm »

Where is the baby?  :-[

Crawling around the coffins.  No one's touching it.. XD
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2011, 12:10:00 am »

Let's have the best of both worlds.
Normal hard pit when stuff falls down.
Once everything precious is pillaged and stocked inside the fort, release 1-z level of magma to clean the rest, and drain it back somewhere else when it's done.
Rinse, repeat.
... I think I'll do that.

I think it would be easier to just make the landing pad a bridge, under which Our Dear Friend resides.

I see the actual word for it a trademark of Necro.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2011, 06:23:15 am »

Let's have the best of both worlds.
Normal hard pit when stuff falls down.
Once everything precious is pillaged and stocked inside the fort, release 1-z level of magma to clean the rest, and drain it back somewhere else when it's done.
Rinse, repeat.
... I think I'll do that.

I think it would be easier to just make the landing pad a bridge, under which Our Dear Friend resides.

I see the actual word for it a trademark of Necro.
Two things:
1. Who cares about easier? THIS! IS! SPECIALSURPRISE!!
2. You could also call it L.A.V.U. fluid--Lovely Agonizing Volcanic Underground fluid, or (if you don't like that) B.O.A.T.M.U.R.D.E.R.E.R.--Boatmurdered's Original Amazing Type of Martial Underground Evil-Ravagers' Effervescent Retaliation.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2011, 10:09:41 am »

EDIT: On reading more on Josef, he was the dorfiest ‼SCIENCE‼ist to ever live in real life. He performed heart removal, alive and without anesthetic, he gave the children =Sugar Roasts= until they were inevitably killed in the most painful manner possible, he sewed two twins together just for the name of fun Fun ‼SCIENCE‼, the children were kept in masterwork dining rooms and bedrooms to prevent tantrum spirals because he's a nice guy, he then immigrated as a legendary surgeon to South America, and more.

Any sane person would probably be vomiting by now, yet I am being fascinated...
BAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH Oh god I need a psychiatrist.

My grandfather had twin sisters. We honestly don't know what happened after they were taken, no record ever surfaced. By the way they weren't jewish. To quote a movie, so many people forget that the first country that the Nazi's invaded was their own.
Sorry for the threadjack and downer, just happened to hit one of my three hotbuttons.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2011, 10:11:06 am »

I've updated the original post a bit guys, with links to each of the journal entries to make finding them more organized.  :D

Edit:

EDIT: On reading more on Josef, he was the dorfiest ‼SCIENCE‼ist to ever live in real life. He performed heart removal, alive and without anesthetic, he gave the children =Sugar Roasts= until they were inevitably killed in the most painful manner possible, he sewed two twins together just for the name of fun Fun ‼SCIENCE‼, the children were kept in masterwork dining rooms and bedrooms to prevent tantrum spirals because he's a nice guy, he then immigrated as a legendary surgeon to South America, and more.

My grandfather had twin sisters. We honestly don't know what happened after they were taken, no record ever surfaced. By the way they weren't jewish. To quote a movie, so many people forget that the first country that the Nazi's invaded was their own.
Sorry for the threadjack and downer, just happened to hit one of my three hotbuttons.

I'm sure no one meant any harm or insult to the actual victims or families of victims of WWII.  Myself included, even though I've based Dr. Logum off of one of the most infamous doctors during that war myself. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:15:59 am by Crustypeanut »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2011, 11:21:55 am »

I've updated the original post a bit guys, with links to each of the journal entries to make finding them more organized.  :D

Edit:

I'm sure no one meant any harm or insult to the actual victims or families of victims of WWII.  Myself included, even though I've based Dr. Logum off of one of the most infamous doctors during that war myself.
Indeed. I was not insulting the victims, I was stating that Medele had traits of dwarven ‼Science‼ist.

jcnorris00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50:18 pm »

I would be very interested to know if armor provided any protection from falling damage.  You could dress a few test subjects in, for example, chainmail, breastplate, gauntlets, and helm, but no greaves or leggings or boots, and then investigate whether the incidence of serious injuries skewed towards the lower body.
My contribution to dwarven science: the dwarven kiddie pool

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2011, 01:30:02 pm »

I would be very interested to know if armor provided any protection from falling damage.  You could dress a few test subjects in, for example, chainmail, breastplate, gauntlets, and helm, but no greaves or leggings or boots, and then investigate whether the incidence of serious injuries skewed towards the lower body.

I'll attempt something of the sort, though at the moment, the supply fort does not have access to materials to make armor, nor do they have the fuel to make a ton of it.  But I can work on it.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2011, 01:32:00 pm »

I'll attempt something of the sort, though at the moment, the supply fort does not have access to materials to make armor, nor do they have the fuel to make a ton of it.  But I can work on it.
It will be the ‼Science‼ task, after you're done with the proletarians, of course  ;D

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2011, 10:36:22 pm »

If I may,
"Your left arm takes the full force of the impact, shattering the bone through the organic armormetal left gauntlet."
This confirms that fall damage at least recognizes armor, I am unsure how much it helped, this was from a 4 Z-Level fall in Arena.
EDIT:
Yeah, I am pretty~ sure armor affects fall damage, I dropped two of the same creatures, one with armor from 4 levels, one had mostly bruising a few broken bones, the other was.. well, mangled would be the word for it, proceed with the science!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:39:25 pm by DarthBoogalo »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2011, 11:02:56 am »

I already have a plan for testing this:  Four groups of 5 dwarves - five well trained, unarmored soldiers (high strength, durability etc), five well trained, fully armored soldiers, five untrained, unarmored soldiers, and five untrained, fully armored soldiers.  The well trained ones will have trained for a while thus have built up their muscles and durability, to see if that also helps.  All will be dropped from a undecided height (probably ~9 stories).  But this won't be for a few in-game years, not until they're all beefy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10