Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83682 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 2 - I'm Psyked for Today [8/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2011, 07:03:30 pm »

I'm going to extend and tie the Urist-Dariush just in case it doesn't go through. I don't want NUKE slinking away without giving a proper answer.

NUKE: There was more to my question than "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?" as well. I asked what make you jump in and say something? If you're SO sure that Toaster is the leader and you haven't put an ounce of effort towards hunting at all, what would compel you to step in and say something in defense of Dariush? Seems kind of pointless to me, unless of course Toaster's theory is correct.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2011, 07:23:35 pm »

Are you thinking clearly?

You're leaving the tiebreaker to either 1) Powder Miner's replacement, or 2) the likeliest convert candidate.

I don't see how this is a good idea.

Jim: Doesn't that seem a bit pushy, Jim?

Maybe a little. It was a more aggressive way of asking for a read on a player. Fair enough on your points about McArathos.

Also, lynching Dariush is a mistake. He looks more like the convenient mislynch than actual scum.

Extend.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2011, 07:38:25 pm »

Jim: Don't you think if NUKE wanted an obvious mislynch (assuming Urist isn't the leader) that he would have found a reason to jump on Urist, who already had three votes? It's not like he can be the leader. That's why I wasn't worried about the tie-breaker. Well, that and the fact that I don't think we'll have a replacement anytime soon.

Would you mind explaining why you think it's a convenient mislynch?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 04, 2011, 07:57:45 pm »

Day extended 48 hours. Votecount up in 2 hours.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 04, 2011, 08:16:33 pm »

It's a feeling I get.

I don't think Dariush has done anything outlandishly scummy, but people are piling onto him all the same, because Dariush 'sucks' and 'is scummy' and a bunch of other accusations that people habitually fling at him from game to game.

A good chunk of the arguments against him are that 1) He accused Urist_McArathos of being Too Town, which, even though he used those words, wasn't actually the accusation (it was that McArathos is carefully maintaining his appearance, which is scummy if it's done over hunting for scum, which I would argue is the case), and that 2) He's lurking, even though this is about normal for Dariush's level of activity.

Also, lots of McArathos' stated argument is that Dariush is a hypocrite, which is in no way a scum tell whatsoever. Go look at it. Half of it is 'Dariush accused x thing but did x thing worse'.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2011, 08:22:10 pm »

That may be the case (like I said, I think both cases are weak), but NUKE's potential slip caught my attention. I'm waiting to see how he explains it before I pass further judgment.

Since the day got extended, I'm going to unvote for now.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 1 - This Is Gonna Psuck [9/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2011, 10:18:28 pm »

Votecount:
Urist_McArathos [3]: Jim Groovester, Dariush, Jack A T
Toaster [1]: NUKE9.13
Dariush [2]: Toaster, Urist_McArathos
Not Voting: Powder Miner, NativeForeigner
Day ends in 48 hours!

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 05, 2011, 09:38:49 am »

Native:  What are you looking for before you commit?  I find you tying the vote so near the deadline (asking for an extension notwithstanding) quite suspicious.  If you don't suspect Dariush or Urist to be the leader, who do you suspect?

Also...

Jim: Don't you think if NUKE wanted an obvious mislynch (assuming Urist isn't the leader) that he would have found a reason to jump on Urist, who already had three votes? It's not like he can be the leader. That's why I wasn't worried about the tie-breaker. Well, that and the fact that I don't think we'll have a replacement anytime soon.

This is WIFOM and you know it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 05, 2011, 10:23:15 am »

Native, are you really so sure of Urist's innocence that you preferred a tie to his lynch?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:39 pm »

Native:  What are you looking for before you commit?  I find you tying the vote so near the deadline (asking for an extension notwithstanding) quite suspicious.  If you don't suspect Dariush or Urist to be the leader, who do you suspect?

Also...

This is WIFOM and you know it.

I'm looking for a reason to vote somebody. Neither of the cases are very strong, and I don't particularly like voting for somebody I don't think is the leader just to avoid being called on it. Right now, I suspect Dariush above Urist. NUKE's little defense of Dariush has me looking back.

And? Jim was questioning why I didn't think it was a bad idea and I explained. It's not like I was using it as an argument towards Urist's, Dariush's, or NUKE's alignment. Just expressing my thoughts.

Native, are you really so sure of Urist's innocence that you preferred a tie to his lynch?

You'll notice that it's no longer tied. That was just in case the extend didn't go through. In that case, I would have preferred a no-lynch or would have gotten some information from what NUKE did with his vote (if anything). I unvoted now that we have an extension to (hopefully) get this lynch right.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 05, 2011, 03:36:51 pm »

Native:  Do you suspect anyone else?  Is Urist your #2 pick?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2011, 10:31:25 am »

NUKE: Are you going to answer anyone, ever?  You can't just wait out the extension and not draw attention to yourself. 
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 06, 2011, 12:32:31 pm »

Extend.  And I'll keep on extending until NUKE answers my questions.

Think0028: Prod NUKE.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2011, 01:12:09 pm »

NUKE has been prodded, day will end in just under 9 hours if not extended.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 06, 2011, 01:43:03 pm »

What, what. Why do you want me here, what do you want me to say.

Answer my questions, NUKE.  Because there's more to them than "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?"
No there isn't.

NUKE: There was more to my question than "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?" as well.
No there wasn't.

Extend.  And I'll keep on extending until NUKE answers my questions.
Well we're going to be here a long time then, aren't we?
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27