Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9: DAY 2: SCUM stumbles (4/5)  (Read 27181 times)

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9: 60% (SIGNUPS!) (3/5)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 05:07:59 pm »

In, why not.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9: FULL! 5/5! D1 starting soon!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 06:25:35 pm »

Awesome, five people!  Doing my final set up work...
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9: FULL! 5/5! D1 starting soon!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 06:54:39 pm »

Day One

TOWN, an extremely secret international secret agency, is in trouble. SCUM activity has been increasing rapidly.  Funding for TOWN, which was already extremely low, has been decreasing just as rapidly.

The five of you are the year's only TOWN recruits.  You were  sent to a hidden base in the middle of nowhere, where the famous agent Jack A T was to give you further instructions.

Unfortunately, the day after you arrived, Jack was found dead at his desk, with a knife in his neck.  In a way, however, he did give further instructions: you find a note in his pocket, stating the following:

"If you are reading this, I'm probably dead or something.  So, um...yeah.  Our base has been infiltrated by an agent of SCUM and his accomplice, disguised as TOWN recruits.  One agent is the infamous Godfather, who has killed dozens of our best agents.  The Godfather is using a MAFIOSO mental influence device to manipulate a real TOWN agent into aiding SCUM.  If the Godfather can be killed quickly enough, the effects of the device may be reversable.  Eliminate the Godfather, and, if necessary, the unfortunate lackey.  Good luck, recruits."

As the only people in the entire base, it's all up to you.

Votecount:
*Jim Groovester (0):
*IronyOwl (0):
*NativeForeigner (0):
*Urist McArathos (0):
*Shark (0):
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9: DAY 1: Welcome to TOWN (5/5)
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 11:35:19 pm »

Jim! Who's your favorite scumbuddy in here? Townbuddy? Who'd you least trust with a vengekill?

Shark, haven't seen you around. What's your usual mafia style like, and how will it change for this gametype?

Native, if you had three apples, who in this game would you give them to and why?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:05 am »

I would keep them for myself because I'm rather hungry right now.

If I HAD to give the apples away, I would give one to Shark to break the ice since I don't know him well and then I would give the other two to Jim and you because you two were some of the first more experienced players I played with when I first joined.

Jim: You mentioned that this was your first Vengeful Mafia. Do you intend to play any differently than you normally do?

Irony: Why did I get the silly question? Or was there a deeper purpose behind it?

Shark: If I'm not mistaken, you're new to this game, or at least this forum. How do you think you'll hold up?

Urist: If you were in a situation where you were godfather and the only viable options to you were bussing your partner to clear your name or somehow clearing your partner's name but getting hit by the vengekill, which would you choose?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 10:44:20 am »

Jim! Who's your favorite scumbuddy in here? Townbuddy? Who'd you least trust with a vengekill?

Shark, haven't seen you around. What's your usual mafia style like, and how will it change for this gametype?

Native, if you had three apples, who in this game would you give them to and why?

I've played a little mafia outside of this board, and right now i'm in 2 games on this board, this one and wild west. I don't really have a style yet, so i'm still experimenting. However, I was playing epicmafia (chatroom based mafia) and I discovered 3rd party is really fun and totally my style. Pull a victory out of my ass and everyone else loses...

Outside of that i'm not sure if I like town or scum more, need more experience. I'm not sure how i'll change for this game, i'll have to figure it out.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 10:46:10 am »

I would keep them for myself because I'm rather hungry right now.

If I HAD to give the apples away, I would give one to Shark to break the ice since I don't know him well and then I would give the other two to Jim and you because you two were some of the first more experienced players I played with when I first joined.

Jim: You mentioned that this was your first Vengeful Mafia. Do you intend to play any differently than you normally do?

Irony: Why did I get the silly question? Or was there a deeper purpose behind it?

Shark: If I'm not mistaken, you're new to this game, or at least this forum. How do you think you'll hold up?

Urist: If you were in a situation where you were godfather and the only viable options to you were bussing your partner to clear your name or somehow clearing your partner's name but getting hit by the vengekill, which would you choose?

I have no idea how i'll hold up. I've played really well before, but it might have been sheer luck. I could have joined a beginner mafia game, but I already know how to play and common roles and such, so I decided not to.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 07:38:26 pm »

Toaster, Toaster, Bdthemag.

Oh, right, none of them are in the game.

I'd take you or NativeForeigner as scumbuddies, because both of your play is more stable than McArathos'. For town, you lurk too much than I care for, so I'd take NativeForeigner or McArathos.

I don't know Shark. I have no idea if he's capable of making a good decision with the vengekill.

I wouldn't know what to do differently so I would stick with doing what I normally do.

So, the gist of this game is that it's lylo already, but if there's a mislynch, then the town gets a free kill. If they lynch or kill the Godfather then the game is over, correct?

Shark, no questions to start the game? Aren't you interested in finding scum?

IronyOwl, since the game runs on hammers, is it really such a good idea to cast random votes to start the game?

McArathos, let's say you're scum. Who do you fear most?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 07:48:33 pm »

So, the gist of this game is that it's lylo already, but if there's a mislynch, then the town gets a free kill. If they lynch or kill the Godfather then the game is over, correct?
Only lynching the Godfather is an automatic win.  Killing isn't.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 07:55:53 pm »

Jim: Who would you fear most as godfather?

Shark: Do you think your lack of an established style will work to your benefit or against you?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 08:11:07 pm »

I thought I'd try something a little weirder; the point was to see if I could get anything on how you're thinking of other players. I guess it succeeded, just not in a currently useful manner.

I'd take you or NativeForeigner as scumbuddies, because both of your play is more stable than McArathos'. For town, you lurk too much than I care for, so I'd take NativeForeigner or McArathos.
What is it about unstable play that's good for town but bad for scum?

IronyOwl, since the game runs on hammers, is it really such a good idea to cast random votes to start the game?
I had actually forgotten completely about that. Unvote.

McArathos, what do you think casting the hammervote says about someone's scumminess or townitude?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 08:26:36 pm »

Toaster, Toaster, Bdthemag.

Oh, right, none of them are in the game.

I don't know Shark. I have no idea if he's capable of making a good decision with the vengekill.

I wouldn't know what to do differently so I would stick with doing what I normally do.

Shark, no questions to start the game? Aren't you interested in finding scum?

Didn't have any questions to start with because I was really caught up in a different mafia topic. That you're also in. I'll do some soon.

Also, native asked me this
Shark: Do you think your lack of an established style will work to your benefit or against you?
I'd say to my benefit. If people become predictable in how they play, it's easy to see when something's up.
Also, thanks for the apple, but I kind of hate apples.

Now for some of my own questions.

Jim, this game has no night phase, as explained in the first post. How will this change your plans?

Native, if you were lynched, who would you vengekill based on what you've seen already?

Irony, who do you like to have most on either team?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 09:47:39 pm »

Only lynching the Godfather is an automatic win.  Killing isn't.

I see. Thank you.

Jim: Who would you fear most as godfather?

Probably IronyOwl. He's good at talking his way out of high-pressure situations.

What is it about unstable play that's good for town but bad for scum?

I meant that McArathos plays noticeably differently between being scum and town (I figured out he was scum in Cult Mafia because I recognized similar play to that in Witches' Coven) whereas you and NativeForeigner play roughly the same regardless of alignment. This works very well for McArathos if he's town, but not so well for him if he's scum and he's facing observant players.

I hate using meta tells, but I think it applies in this instance.

Jim, this game has no night phase, as explained in the first post. How will this change your plans?

What plans?

Not having a night phase won't affect me too much, I think.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 12:49:17 am »

NATIVE: I'd bus my partner.  If he was scummy enough to need rescuing, he's in bad shape for the next round of questioning.  I figure, especially here, that once I flip godfather and it's down to him and two townies, they'll be able to figure out quickly why I pulled his fat from the fire, no matter how subtle or skillful it was.

Who would you prefer as your scumpartner here?  Why?

JIM: You.  You've seen both my scum games, and have ICed most of my town ones.  I'm not the best yet at hiding my scum side, but while I managaed to fog Native and Jack enough to squeak by in Cult Mafia, you had me nailed for two days straight.  That, and you're a relentless son of a bitch when it comes to tunneling.  It's hard to shake you once you're on a target.

What do you consider scummier?  Lurking or indecisive voting, and why?

IRONYOWL: Depends on their case when they drop the hammer.  A hammer vote is always given more scrutiny, and that goes double here.  If they don't have a very, very good case (good enough to end the day and risk losing the game if they're wrong), it's going to make them VERY scummy.

Do you have a lot of experience playing games with a hammer in effect?  If so, what has it taught you?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 01:14:55 am »

Shark: I'm going to assume that "The bastard that hammered me" isn't an acceptable answer and instead say Irony for voting so early, but I really don't have a lot to go on.

Urist Noted.

I would prefer Jim as my scumpartner. He always plays pretty well and people usually have trouble telling whether or not he's scum.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13