Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Puzzle game  (Read 6402 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Puzzle game
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2011, 12:19:42 am »

So. Whatever killed one killed all the rest. This means they had one feature THEY all shared, but nobody else did. Were other members equipped with iron spears too?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 02:35:58 am »

So. Whatever killed one killed all the rest. This means they had one feature THEY all shared, but nobody else did. Were other members equipped with iron spears too?
Onul came to watch the sparring of Udil. Today he arranged a one-by-two set of speardwarwes.
Lokum Smithhatchets and Sodel Firehall were triyng to stab him with their iron spears, but he easily blocked their attempts with his Stabbasement the Shores of Flooding, the bronze spear.
- Come on, guys, try harder! Even if we had ninth recruit with spear, I'd easily overcome your all! - laughed Udil while hacking his opponents under knees with his spear's shaft.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2011, 05:57:27 am »

Right. Is there any piece of equipment they all wore? Did they all frequent an area the others did not, like bedrooms or a separate barracks?

Edit: Stroke of genius!: Can vermin kill or cause diseases?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:00:41 am by Mormota »
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2011, 07:09:59 am »

Is there any piece of equipment they all wore? Did they all frequent an area the others did not, like bedrooms or a separate barracks?

Edit: Stroke of genius!: Can vermin kill or cause diseases?
OOC: They were training where others did and slept in their personal bedrooms. According to wiki, vanilla vermins can cause only minor deseases, such as dizziness and stun

Udil and Onul studied the records of equipment changes for several hours.
- So, the only thing they all wore was that no-quality iron spear that we got from traders. Where is that thing now?
- I guess, inside one of that bins... You mean, we have to check it there?

I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2011, 08:22:35 am »

Did we ask if weapons are contaminated yet? Or only armour? If so, is there anything on the spear which can cause a syndrome? Blood, for example? Or some sort of extract, secretion?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2011, 08:40:27 am »

Did we ask if weapons are contaminated yet? Or only armour? If so, is there anything on the spear which can cause a syndrome? Blood, for example? Or some sort of extract, secretion?
OOC: Finally!

After turning everything in stockpile hall upside down, Onul and Udil have found that (iron spear).
- Look! What's on it?
- Some gray slimy substantion... - said Onul, avoiding to touch it. He put it to his nose and smelt... - Smells as a sulfur! Udil, come here... - Onul suddenly tore a hair out of his beard - Thanks!
He touched that slime with hair and it disappeared leaving smell of burnt wool.
- What a hell it is? Live it here, I'll go find the alchemist...

- It is a fire imp goo! Remember, it rose from magma pipe and began pursuing smiths and smelters, so we were called to arms. That's how it got dirty, and then the hand of guy carrying it began melt and bleed. Since we lack waepons, next guy chose the same spear and got constantly injured again!

Onul sighed in relief, painted yellow F on the spear so no one would touch it anymore and said - So, the case is closed. By the way, do it inflict more damage to opponent? Maybe, if we could protect our hands with gloves or something, it won't hurn us anymore...
- And I'm thinking of more massive defence. If we'll have another fire imp, I think we should make him bleed out at the outer gates where invaders will attack. Maybe that would heat them up, he he!  :D

Actually, I spent hours before I found the reason, and mostly because I was watching the sixth recruit while he was picking up equipment. I knew about death from fire imp leather cloak, but never thought that imp's blood can hurt when it's spattered on weapon!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2011, 11:01:35 am »

You know. I'm fairly certain we both meant weapons included by asking if any of the equipment is contaminated. Well, it was fun nonetheless.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2011, 11:27:04 am »

so, now we can put on our riddles?

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2011, 01:51:53 pm »

I believe so, yes.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 02:19:15 pm »

You know. I'm fairly certain we both meant weapons included by asking if any of the equipment is contaminated. Well, it was fun nonetheless.
Yes, but you was asking about FB/titan contaminats only  ;) So I used this as an excuse. I myself stumbled with that because I was looking for FB contaminats and forgot that imp.

so, now we can put on our riddles?
Sure!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2011, 11:32:36 am »

I'm close to giving up.

So, just to sum it up: They have not been killed by another dwarf, they have not been near any sort of beast that can give diseases, they were simply found in a pool of their blood? Found where, exactly?

Also, how do you make your dwarves spar? Mine only do individual training.
Yes, but you was asking about FB/titan contaminats only  ;) So I used this as an excuse. I myself stumbled with that because I was looking for FB contaminats and forgot that imp.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »

I'm close to giving up.

So, just to sum it up: They have not been killed by another dwarf, they have not been near any sort of beast that can give diseases, they were simply found in a pool of their blood? Found where, exactly?

You said diseases. Heat is not the disease, so it was the reason to answer "no". :D
But I'm sorry for not so fair play.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »

After that toughness-fest, I'll do a kinda easy one.

A goblin steps into the entrance hallway and vanishes in a spray of blue and limbs. What happened?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 11:09:49 pm »

Someone dropped a troll on him from a few dozen z-levels up.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 11:24:41 pm »

Is there any mods?

Blue is blood? gase? other liquid?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5