Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Puzzle game  (Read 6423 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Puzzle game
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 07:47:46 am »

Is an iron man being used as a training dummy? Their dust's attached syndrome results in short-term coughing of blood. I don't know how severe the effect is, but that may well be it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 08:10:52 am »

Is an iron man being used as a training dummy? Their dust's attached syndrome results in short-term coughing of blood. I don't know how severe the effect is, but that may well be it.
Onul made a note in his notebook named "My crazy ideas" - "When - If- I capture an iron man, take cautions against cough while using him as a training dummy". Then threw the notebook to the far side of his room.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 10:07:51 am »

I'm close to giving up.

So, just to sum it up: They have not been killed by another dwarf, they have not been near any sort of beast that can give diseases, they were simply found in a pool of their blood? Found where, exactly?

Also, how do you make your dwarves spar? Mine only do individual training.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 10:13:31 am »

Suicide. The only answer that's left.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 10:18:44 am »

here's what i think:

1. Ghosts

2. the recruits were too enthusiastic to get into battle (surrounded, they died quickly)

3. blowdarts?

4. just a couple of goblins getting too good hits on them (blunt weapons, internal bleeding, coughing up blood)

5. the sunglasses...YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAHHHHHHHH

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 10:20:24 am »

They saw This.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 10:23:38 am »

Actually, i think i know whats happening, The new recruits anus's are bleeding. They are bleeding so much they die. Just a thought.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 02:00:58 pm »

I'm close to giving up.

So, just to sum it up: They have not been killed by another dwarf, they have not been near any sort of beast that can give diseases, they were simply found in a pool of their blood? Found where, exactly?
Onul was masuring his bedroom from one corner to another. He felt like he's so close to the answer, but once he tried to grab that thought, it disappeared like a miasma under sunlight. That was driving him mad.
So, he tried to order all what he knew.
No dwarf - or goblin or another hostile - wonded them. Last four guys were rookies and even didn't saw the battle.
It wasn't a syndrome caused by any of those forgotten beasts - otherwise medic would warn him.
They all were found in a pool of their own blood. Some ot them dropped dead at barracks, others - on the way to dining hall and personal quarters. They left quite a long trace of blood spatter, by the way, so it wasn't a sudden death.
Shit, he had strong feeling that he's missing something obvious!

OOC: Just set squad to active alert with train schedule. They do individuals, various demonstrations and sparrings.

Suicide. The only answer that's left.
Oh, it was the easiest way to count them as shit-hearted little weepers who can't stand a burden of being soldier... But he knew - it's just a lame excuse.

here's what i think:
1. Ghosts
2. the recruits were too enthusiastic to get into battle (surrounded, they died quickly)
3. blowdarts?
4. just a couple of goblins getting too good hits on them (blunt weapons, internal bleeding, coughing up blood)
5. the sunglasses...YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA­AAHHHHHHHH
...It could be  ghosts, but the only deads that they had in this settlement were - an hammerdwarf from caravan, who got under ambush; an unlucky animal caretaker died from infection because of... oh, I don't remember why he got an infection; and other 5 were his recruits, one by one. And all of them were buried propely.

Actually, i think i know whats happening, The new recruits anus's are bleeding. They are bleeding so much they die. Just a thought.
Onul stomped at the wall - that idiotic idea punched him like the invisible but still heavy maul. "I'd bettet go to sleep" - he said to himself.

They saw This.
He saw some stupid dream about cakes, cages, chatting and same nuissance, and woke up even angrier than had felt to sleep.

OOC: Come on, guys, you're really close! If I didn't want to last it a bit longer, I could count one of your answers as a generically right... But it lacks some of details that I consider important, so I used it as a excuse to reply negatively. Sorry for that  ;D
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 02:32:10 pm »

What equipment did they have?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 02:37:59 pm »

How long have they been training? And are they labled as a military dwarf? If they still have there civilen job then there not active. And normaly they start off with just training like that and demonstrations. I do belive it takes like a year or something for them to start sparing. Not sure but I do know that a fresh squad doesent spar right off the bat.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 02:39:28 pm »

There socks menaced with spikes! making thier feet bleed!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 03:18:10 pm »

What equipment did they have?
OOC: actually it's not yes/no question, but anyway....
On next morning Onul checked the squad's uniform in hopes of finding a key.. Uniform list wasn't too precise. Actually, it was just a dity sheet of paper with a few words written on it:
"Mail shirt, breastplate, helm, greaves, gauntlets and high boots, all metal. Shield. Any melee weapon".
He sat, spent a few minutes on thinking about that, then asked Udil, speardwarf and his assistant:
- Do you remember what equipment did those recruits had?
- I think, the best they could acuire. I don't remember clearly, but first they had copper or bronze outfit, and when we started mining adamantine, we all tend to production of Rakust Tinsoar - he makes incredible things from adamantine after his artwork - artifact copper gauntlet. So, we all were constantly changing our equipment from good to better... and as they were the last ones to join our squad - they got the best from the worst. But last one for sure had adamantine outfit.
There socks menaced with spikes! making thier feet bleed!
- You're talking about armor only. What's with cloth?
- Who cares about cloth? Mostly they wear their civilian cloths. The stuff they brought with themselves when arrived here.
Onul scratched his chin under beard and mumbled something unrecognizable. Then raises eyes on Udil.
- And what about weapons?
- Weapons... They all were carrying a spear. Iron spear that we got from traders... We don't have skilled weaponsmith, so we still stuck with imported weapons... we can't waste the adamantine on weaponsmiths' training, you know. They are practicing with silver maces now - we received a lot of galena from traders, so smelters got a lot of silver so...
- Udil, shut up. I have to think.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 05:06:16 pm »

They tripped. fell on their spear because there morons like every other son of armok urist out there.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 06:19:18 pm »

Is this in vanilla?

---

IDE/Theory: There was a dragon, and the dragon breathed fire on some poor shmuck, causing his armor to heat up to lethal levels, and it's taking forever to cool because adamantine.

It's the only thing I can think of, but the melting/bleeding would leave wounds.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 01:23:59 am »

Is this in vanilla?
OOC: Yes
---

IDE/Theory: There was a dragon, and the dragon breathed fire on some poor shmuck, causing his armor to heat up to lethal levels, and it's taking forever to cool because adamantine.

It's the only thing I can think of, but the melting/bleeding would leave wounds.
Onul came again to Id Geniusconstructs and asked -
- Hey. You said there were no wounds on those bodies, right?
- No OPEN wounds, I said. I didn't investigated their corpses for internal injures.
- Ok, and what internal injury can make them to bleed?
- Oh, various ones. Hard punch in the belly, that damaged guts, for example...
- Huh...
- Or overheating - when fall in magma pool - it makes their fat melt and causes inernal bleeding. And since dwarfs' skin is tough to heat, it leaves almost no visible marks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:03:05 am by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5