Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55004 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2011, 03:49:45 pm »

Vote me and find out.
Okay, buddy, WIFOM is not going to help your case. The trick with a D1 Jester claim is to be as honest as possible. If you are hiding one thing, who knows what else you are hiding.
Long Live United Forenia!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2011, 03:52:55 pm »

Sorry everyone, been busy.

My name is Noah Taine, or as you all know me by now, Mr. Broadsword. I'm a highly respected captain of the apparently very controversial (according to a few of your claims) Mageslayer guild and I'm known for taking action against crime without letting harm to the innocent. I'm a noble and outstanding member of the guild. I've been assigned to this hunt and for some months I've been tracking a death singer. He changes his name often, but most recent reports show he is going by Anthony Gallows (so someone is lying). I'm the one who blocked off the town with my guards who are also casting protective wards, I can't afford to lose the death singer again (he's been travelling the countryside casting dark wards that sometimes destroy entire towns).

It's my duty to save this town from any dark forces that would seek to destroy it, and those that would harbour them. (which suggests that there's more than just the death singer to look for.

I'm taking a risk by claiming like this, but I had information we all needed.

Judging from the flavor, our death singer is an out-of-towner and male. That narrows it down to two people (assuming no one lied about their role in town), NUKE and maybe Xanatos (he didn't give enough flavor for me to judge how long he's been in town.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2011, 04:16:00 pm »

Zrk2:  If you want to die so much, why didn't you vote yourself?

Is that even possible? Zrk2, there.

Vote me and find out.
Okay, buddy, WIFOM is not going to help your case. The trick with a D1 Jester claim is to be as honest as possible. If you are hiding one thing, who knows what else you are hiding.

What I do know is that if I get killed the killer gets some information from me that I'm not allowed to divulge in regular play.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »

Let's see... That's everybody, right ?

So:
NativeForeigner: Something more about these dark wards ? And do you know anything about past events that happened here ?
Urist_McArathos: So now everybody claimed who killed your fiance ? (I guess Vector or this death singer)
Zrk2: So if we lynch you this information becomes public or is not revealed ?

Also Simon Heed should reveal himself before it's too late.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 12, 2011, 04:35:58 pm »

NativeForeigner: Something more about these dark wards ? And do you know anything about past events that happened here ?

Only that the death singer has been traveling the country casting dark wards that could sometimes bring destruction to entire towns. I only just got to town and had the guards under my command secure it. I think the protective wards that the guards are casting will protect the town from the dark wards, but it doesn't explicitly state that in the flavor. All I know about the town is that it looks like a peaceful village and it's a shame that a monster would hide here.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2011, 04:57:57 pm »

Zrk2: So if we lynch you this information becomes public or is not revealed ?

AFAIK if I get lynched it is available to everyone, as everyone has a role in lynching, but if I get NKed then only the scum get it.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2011, 06:11:28 pm »

Okay.  Is it something I should worry about?
Not immediately, no.

Not sure why you're asking me, but:
Because I wanted somebody else's opinion. You proved to be very accurate.

Guys, after some thought I've made a decision. Full Roleclaim.

I'm a jester/martyr. You know how I have those eternalesque nightmares every night? Well, I just want them to end. Of course whichever faction kills me gets a nice side-benefit from offing me.
Oh. Joy.

So what you're saying is:
You're a jester. Lynching/killing you gives us some form of information that we can use, but you're unable to tell us what this information could be.

I'm skeptical.

Native:Oh, there you are. And apparently you're missing something.

Arathos(Amanda Black) is from out of town, and had a mystery person on the wagon with her. Arathos could easily be lying about his character's gender and name. Plus, there's the mystery person. Whoever they are.

Plus, not even your character knows the full extent of the death singer's powers. He could have a recruiting ability or something. Wouldn't make sense for there to be only one scum in a group of 12 people, and have it so specific in one role PM as to the identity of the scum. That would be too short and too challenging(for the scum).

Finally, if you're the guy with the rusty sword, what is "he's ancient art"?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2011, 06:21:07 pm »

I mentioned that there was probably more than one scum (in my PM, it stated that it's my duty to save this town from any dark forces that would seek to destroy it, and those that would harbour them, which suggests that there's more than just the death singer to look for).

As for Amanda Black, you're right, I hadn't thought of the death singer lying about gender.

My ancient art is the art hunting and stopping dark mages.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2011, 06:23:25 pm »

I mentioned that there was probably more than one scum (in my PM, it stated that it's my duty to save this town from any dark forces that would seek to destroy it, and those that would harbour them, which suggests that there's more than just the death singer to look for).

As for Amanda Black, you're right, I hadn't thought of the death singer lying about gender.

My ancient art is the art hunting and stopping dark mages.

So was Daddy a dark mage?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2011, 06:25:18 pm »

So was Daddy a dark mage?

Beats me, I wasn't the mageslayer that killed him.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2011, 06:27:41 pm »

Xanatos
I've lived in Woodfell for several years, I've not been doing any traveling.

This felt tacked on, like you were saying it in preemptive defense.  No one asked you about it- why did you feel the need to throw that in?

I was correcting Orangebottle.

Let's start looking at possible roles here, and which flavor matches which.
a lone man stands on a hill over looking one of the few winding roads that leads into the small town of Woodfell. He has walked many leagues, sometimes without sleep, and has had to hunt for what little food he could find to survive. He carries with him only the tools he needs to preform he's ancient art and a rusting broadsword on he's back. He is worn, tired, scraggly and focused on only the task at hand. He has been through too much to fail again. This time will be he's victory.

Most definitely our scum, as the OP goes on to say that the majority is against him. Wait, but why would we only have one scum for twelve people?
I can't help but wonder what his "ancient art" is. The only possible mention of ancient arts is in Zrk2's claim where he's used forbidden magic. However, we can't flavor-prove him as this guy. Zrk2 wasn't travelling.

Reflecting on the latest posts, he may be Xanatos, or NUKE.
Perhaps another way, to send in a single man, and have him act as their hand. These are their choices, and flames of purity have never failed in the past.
Likely an investigative role. I have a hunch that it's, again, Xanatos or NUKE. They're the only men who have been travelling recently.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »

Judging from the flavor, our death singer is an out-of-towner and male. That narrows it down to two people (assuming no one lied about their role in town), NUKE and maybe Xanatos (he didn't give enough flavor for me to judge how long he's been in town.

I'm not sure how to give more flavor, all I've really withheld is my place of residence, and that I moved here from the capital, April.

Oh, and I'm an old man.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2011, 07:58:21 pm »

Vote count

Dariush[0]:
NUKE9.13[2]: Dariush, Orangebottle
Toaster[0]:
Orangebottle[0]:
Urist_McArathos[0]:
Zrk2[2]: Simple, NUKE9.13, Zrk2
Vector[0]:
Jack A T[0]:
Simple[0]:
NativeForeigner[0]:
Akigagak[0]:
Xanatos Jr[1]: Toaster

Not voting: Urist_McArathos, Vector, Jack A T, NativeForeigner, Akigagak, Xanatos Jr.

The day will end on Friday, you need four votes to extend and eight to shorten.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2011, 08:09:11 pm »

Orange and Jack:  RVS may be bypassed, but I still want answers to my questions.
Oh, sorry.  Missed that.  A cult would be quite scary.  Having to deal with one of those without knowing it...ugh.

Nuke, Jack, Akigagak, and Dariush:  What do you all know about each other?  It seems Nuke sells wine to Jack who stocks Akigagak's bar where Dariush gets drunk, so there should be several connections there.   Can you find any flavor contradictions in each other? 
I'm a close friend of Akigagak, and we get drunk together.  A lot.  A merchant (no name given), who I now think is probably NUKE, did sell me some wine last night.  He's not a vital source, though, seeing how I've lasted for so long without him.  I've never seen Dariush in my storehouse, but upon rereading my flavour, I found that I missed a few bottles being disturbed.  That might be him.

NativeForeigner: Do you think Zrk2 falls within your targets?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2011, 09:00:44 pm »

It's possible, his flavor is a little sketchy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32