Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Ockham's Mafia - Day 3 [NEED REPLACEMENTS]  (Read 55021 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2011, 07:59:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then again, it's hard to solve a puzzle without all the pieces. We still need Dariush, Vector, NativeForeigner, and whoever replaces Person to claim.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2011, 08:06:56 pm »

So, what do we see as being the scum? The mage killer(s)? The magic users? Some evil cabal manipulating us all? Unvote until I learn more.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2011, 08:30:51 pm »

I've lived in Woodfell for several years, I've not been doing any traveling.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »

and whoever replaces Person
Person isn't now, nor has he ever been one of the twelve players in this game. He does not need a replace, having never been in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Ockham's Mafia - In signups [NEED CONFIRMS]
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2011, 10:10:35 pm »

Yes, the JB I mentioned is Joel Berez.  I'll wait for a full claim before I say anything more.

Orange:
The group is left silent. They were trapped in their own town, while sinister forces stalked the night. One man, carrying a large rusted sword, speaks out.
“There will be no aid from the outside world, so our duty is clear. We must find this sinner ourselves, and bring justice to the mayor.”

Here's Mr. Broadsword.  From this and the OP quote (note singular sinner!) it looks more like a single main town versus single main scum.  Perhaps he's some sort of flavor cop a la my role from Coven (a game Max really liked- remember his opinion of the flavor.)

Also, I have no indication of self-loathing, but I do see touches of being full of myself.

Urist:  Was the person you gave a ride to Mr. Broadsword?

Jack:  Marc Blanc sure sounds like a mod self-reference, but just how narcissistic is our esteemed moderator?

Zrk2:  I'm a bit confused.  Is the magic in your family hereditary?  Just to confirm, was the mage-killer the father of the mage?

Also, we start scum-hunting the regular way, assuming nothing comes up useful in the flavor.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2011, 10:21:36 pm »

I live in the center of town and live well.  I live near a bakery and enjoy drinking and music, but I can't play any musical instruments.

My closest friend is Dave Lebling, apothecary.  There's been rumors about him in the past, but they're completely false.  He's a very good person.

I'm also on good terms with Marc Blank, barkeep.  He apparently helps keep me out of trouble when I get drunk >_>

Emma Graystone attacked me one night, unprovoked; I was helping her out with some things.  I'd like to know why.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2011, 11:55:33 pm »

Urist:  Was the person you gave a ride to Mr. Broadsword?[\quote]

No; I know which of the players it is, but I didn't want to give out a name so I could catch a liar.  It is not Mr. Broadsword, though.

Also, we start scum-hunting the regular way, assuming nothing comes up useful in the flavor.

Agreed, but I think we should be thorough in flavor hunting.  Witches' Coven had a lot of clues and indicators hidden in the flavor, and this is clearly inspired by that take.  We may not find EVERYTHING through flavor hunting, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts we find a lot.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2011, 11:56:36 pm »

EBWODP:

Urist:  Was the person you gave a ride to Mr. Broadsword?

No; I know which of the players it is, but I didn't want to give out a name so I could catch a liar.  It is not Mr. Broadsword, though.

Agreed, but I think we should be thorough in flavor hunting.  Witches' Coven had a lot of clues and indicators hidden in the flavor, and this is clearly inspired by that take.  We may not find EVERYTHING through flavor hunting, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts we find a lot.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2011, 06:28:45 am »

Right then, Witches Coven 2: Witch Convenier.

I think we all learnt an important lesson from Witches Coven, yes? And that is that flavour-hunting is totes valid as a thing and will help us catch the scum.
Oooookay. Why exactly do you think this game is going to be a... spiritual successor to WC and that the same strategies are going to apply? Does your role have something to do with witches, Nuke?

My name is Hugo Carpenter, I'm a local drunkard. I spend most of my money and time in Jack's cellar, drinking cheap wine.

Zrk, to be honest I don't particularly like such loads of flavor - it makes people focus too much on those who are seemingly saying too little about their flavors instead of those who act scummy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:14 am »

Well, let's get this started, since we're just missing Native.

Dariush:  Hugo Carpenter, Drunkard
NUKE9.13:  Jeffery Oakseed, Wine Merchant
Toaster:  Dave Lebling, Apothecary
Orangebottle:  Emma Graystone, Storekeeper
Urist_McArathos:  Amanda Black, Wanderer
Zrk2:  Talos Gravesong, Outcast
Vector:  Joel Berez, Unspecified Profession
Jack A T:  Jack Deen, Cellar Master
Simple:  Atlus Gravesong, Son of a Mage
NativeForeigner:  No claim
Akigagak:  Marc Blanc, Barkeep
Xanatos Jr.:  Albert Vessa, Postman

Vector, Simple, Zrk2:  Are you willing to be more specific as to your title?

Also Zrk2:  Scratch my question about the mage killer- I reread it and get it now.  I still want to know if your family's magic is hereditary, though.

Nuke, Jack, Akigagak, and Dariush:  What do you all know about each other?  It seems Nuke sells wine to Jack who stocks Akigagak's bar where Dariush gets drunk, so there should be several connections there.   Can you find any flavor contradictions in each other? 

Xanatos
I've lived in Woodfell for several years, I've not been doing any traveling.

This felt tacked on, like you were saying it in preemptive defense.  No one asked you about it- why did you feel the need to throw that in?

Orange and Jack:  RVS may be bypassed, but I still want answers to my questions.

Dariush:  Did you miss the game being billed as a spiritual successor, and that Max had a serious love for the flavor in that game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2011, 08:40:31 am »

Dariush:  Did you miss the game being billed as a spiritual successor, and that Max had a serious love for the flavor in that game?
I chose the wrong turn of words. Even if the long and detailed flavors from WC were indeed carried here, there's no guarantee that this game is meant to be played in the same way as WC (or include witches), the way Nuke seems to assume.

And to answer your previous question, I've never met Aki, but from time to time I saw Jake chatting with a merchant who I assume is Jeffery.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2011, 08:57:18 am »

Zrk2: Wow that's something new and puts few things in perspective. Also that means mage-slayers are mages themselves so maybe this power stealing is their modus operandi ? But it still baffles me why you would even need that magic and how you are using it (or it's just useless trinket bringing pain ?) except getting some vengence on me. And it makes me wonder what your current goal or motive is.

Urist_McArathos: Who exactly was your fiance ?

Orangebottle: I'm the man who long forgotten how to cry from the opening. I got the exactly same words in my pm.

Xanatos: Now why you omitted White House and dungeon ? Do you feel like it should be a secret ?

Toaster: My exact title is "younger brother" i'm currently working as librarian.

Also i feel somewhere in our pms should be hidden the reason why the mayor was killed, and i think it would be useful if anybody have information about him or his wife make it public.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2011, 09:28:08 am »

Nuke, Jack, Akigagak, and Dariush:  What do you all know about each other?  It seems Nuke sells wine to Jack who stocks Akigagak's bar where Dariush gets drunk, so there should be several connections there.   Can you find any flavor contradictions in each other? 

Nuke (Jeffery Oakseed) is actually a new arrival here, a traveling merchant looking to sell some wine he has. My first meeting with him was last night, and I sent him along to JackAT (Jack Deen) because I knew Jack would want some of the wine, and my own cellars were full.

My PM made no mention of Dariush (Hugo Carpenter).

I also know what Vector's (Joel Berez) profession is, as s/he's a good friend of mine.

And to answer your previous question, I've never met Aki, but from time to time I saw Jake chatting with a merchant who I assume is Jeffery.

Jake? Native Foreigner, perhaps?
Or do you mean Jack?

If the later, can you define "from time to time" since, as far as I know, Oakseed has only been in town for under a day.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2011, 09:47:06 am »

No, I don't think I should claim any more.

What do you think, Akigagak?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2011, 09:53:00 am »

No, I don't think I should claim any more.

What do you think, Akigagak?

Yeah, people knowing your profession could get you in trouble in many different ways, from many different angles. Still, you've apparently always done good by the town.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32