Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Pet Ghosts  (Read 24905 times)

Valdrax

• Bay Watcher
  • HUGE ELF (bluh bluh)
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Ghosts
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »

Super late response but interestingly enough with all the dismemberment I have never had a dwarf bleedout from limb removal. The wound doesn't actually seem to bleed when it's a direct amputation. Throat slicing on the other hand behaves exactly as you would expect it to, leaving a huge trail of blood that will eventually lead to a very dead dwarf.

I have.  I reclaimed a fort with a Ghostly Axedwarf who had a fondness for left legs, taking 3 before my dwarves were able to spare some time from the critical task of gathering socks to build and place enough coffins.  One dwarf died from blood loss, and the other two got all the way to pale but died from hospital neglect.

Side note on the danger room idea:  Has anyone ever seen a violent ghost actually make an attack?  I'm pretty sure that damage just happens with no attack roll or defense chance since I've never been able to find the attack in the battle reports.
The history of a good fortress is not written in blood, it's painted on the walls by the hand of a melancholy orphan.

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2011, 11:51:27 pm »

A note on ghosts and a chilling story of Fun!

I've had goblin ghosts, 2 in the same fort in fact. They appeared to be as stupid and useless as live goblins however, and just stood on top of the traps that had violently disassembled them. Alas, this doesn't help the blood laser pointer science. I was messing around with DFusion though, and while I hadn't changed anything, who knows what might have happened.
And now, a campfire story!

Urist McUselesspeasant migrates during the siege!
Urist McUselesspeasant has realized that the goblins at the gate are not holding a rave!
Urist McUselesspeasant has been struck down!
Urist McUselesspeasant has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Urist McUselesspeasant has killed Tadol Ubengtin, Cat.
Hah ha! Stupid cat! Nice job Urist!
Duchess McUselessaszinc is throwing a tantrum!
Wait what? You mean the cat was hers? Sheesh sorry I've been TOO BUSY KEEPING EVERYONE ALIVE DURING THE SIEGE to build your damn platinum flasks!
Duchess McUselessaszinc has destroyed the Artifact of the biggest baddest oldest dwarf in the fort!
Oh shiiii......
Big McLargehugeandmean has gone berserk!
....it.
Fun! was had by all!
On the plus side, after he killed most of the fortress, I opened the drawbridge and let the gobbos in, and Big Mclargehugeandmean killed the entire siege singlehandedly.
Literally. A war dog had torn off his left hand.
God I love this game!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2011, 01:09:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was the dwarf armed? I mean with weapons and armor, not literally.

Steelgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2011, 01:48:06 pm »

Yeah, he had some good steel stuff on. The end result wasn't a big surprise, just amusing.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]