Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventure mode cheating  (Read 9292 times)

Veraal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Adventure mode cheating
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:40:13 pm »

Is there a way to make my guy in adventure mode not die?

I mean, I want him to be unkillable, so if his spine is removed he can still try to fight, if his lungs are gone he still lives.
I want a dwarf terminator.

If not, is there any way to edit skills to make the guy virtually unkillable with godlike skills?

Any way to make him able to fly?
Edit him so he gets wings?

Basically I want to cheat at adventure mode.

Also, hello.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode cheating
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:12:01 pm »

Aside from the flying thing, just make Bronze Colossi a playable race :P I am pretty sure you could add [FLYING] or was it [FLIER] to the Bronze Colossi creature definition.

Veraal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 06:18:09 pm »

Aside from the flying thing, just make Bronze Colossi a playable race :P I am pretty sure you could add [FLYING] or was it [FLIER] to the Bronze Colossi creature definition.

Could you be more specific on how to do this, I'm not exactly well versed in how to mod df.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:20:04 pm »

Could you be more specific on how to do this, I'm not exactly well versed in how to mod df.

I'm not in a state to type it all out, even though it's not much. Use the search function or read the wiki. Learn for yourself.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 04:07:13 pm »

I tried playing a Bronze Colossus... I lost all my limbs when I fell off a mountain.
[Signature]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 07:34:12 pm »

use dfusion resurrection to bring back the missing limbs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Benedict Hardy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:27:48 pm »

sdasd
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:37:37 am by Benedict Hardy »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:07:51 pm »

slap
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] in the custom entity of the creature you want to be god mode
or
slap [CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE] in the dwarf section then slap [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] also.
You could just stick the colossus and indiv control in the animal men entity so that your able to play as them with out the need of getting a good world gen.
Still being this strong would lead to being stupidly slow and you might as well add in preset skill boost in dodging(and find all kinds of immunities) so that the race of superbronze will never worry about not botching a dodge attempt.
though this does not make you invincible to say fall damage, or heat, or being incase in ice or the horrible way to go, being crippled and force to kill yourself.
I kinda wonder what are you going to do with this damage immunity any way? What I did was try to keep the companions alive as along as I can and collect items and explore the world.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 06:39:53 am »

Use runesmith to set your attributes to 200,000,000 and your skills to 20. You'll never miss an attack, you'll never be hit by an attack, you'll be able to throw elephants so hard they explode. It's super cheap but it's funny.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 09:44:52 am »

Use runesmith to set your attributes to 200,000,000 and your skills to 20. You'll never miss an attack, you'll never be hit by an attack, you'll be able to throw elephants so hard they explode. It's super cheap but it's funny.
yeah well that's not all true there a chance one creature can get a hit and due to Bronze never really regen damage that stuff is perma if you happen to lose the ability to walk.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 11:22:06 am »

yeah well that's not all true there a chance one creature can get a hit and due to Bronze never really regen damage that stuff is perma if you happen to lose the ability to walk.
I didn't mean do it with a bronze colossus I meant do it with a regular guy. A dorf with giga strength can throw an elephant.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »

I've use runesmith and I still get a few limbs ripped off.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 05:21:25 pm »

No silly, you set attributes to 5,000 and skills to 255, any higher and it'll go arround in a loop so numbers higher than that are actually worse... unless it's a multiple of one of them of course
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 05:52:18 pm »

No silly, you set attributes to 5,000 and skills to 255, any higher and it'll go arround in a loop so numbers higher than that are actually worse... unless it's a multiple of one of them of course
Actually it seems to rise well past that, 9000 still registers super human and 200000000 is the highest flat number I've gotten it to. I'm not sure if raising your skills past legendary +5 has any real effect.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 05:57:39 pm »

I've use Runesmith and I still get a few limbs ripped off.
Actually it seems to rise well past that, 9000 still registers super human and 200000000 is the highest flat number I've gotten it to. I'm not sure if raising your skills past legendary +5 has any real effect.
Well I always assumed it ran on a modulus function so that 9,000 became 4,000 which is still superhuman I think, most the time with large numbers people either chuck a bunch of 0s on the end it works out 5,000 or because of the way it works anything above 1,000 is good so and above 2,000 I think is superhuman so your likely to get it marked like that anyway.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: [1] 2