Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 19554 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »

Probably renamed because few universities teach classes in Dodgeball...

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2012, 06:53:42 pm »

But how can you learn to dodge bullets by doing gymnastics?
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2012, 07:32:37 pm »

Because intense gymnastics classes - such as those offered in Liberal Crime Squad - allow you to free your mind.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2012, 07:41:28 pm »

It's like hot yoga, except with more cartwheels and the heat is created by the friction of the bullets shooting past you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2012, 07:57:25 pm »

Probably renamed because few universities teach classes in Dodgeball...
Who cares?! It's dodgeball! Everyone loves dodgeball! And besides, this is Liberal Crime Squad! Reality is Irrelevant! (That is totally going to be my next Slogan.)
But how can you learn to dodge bullets by doing gymnastics?
Exactly. If you can dodge a bullet, you can dodge a ball, but gymnastics for this just make no sense.
Because intense gymnastics classes - such as those offered in Liberal Crime Squad - allow you to free your mind.
All of that Seduction has gone to your head.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2012, 11:25:42 pm »

Clearly, someone who is able to bound and tumble and balance will have the physical agility to dodge bullets.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2012, 07:20:26 pm »

Is modding in weapons as simple as adding more to the weapons.xml? How do the police know which ones to pick, is it class based, IE anything under SMGs? I kinda feel like exploding the amount of guns, JA 1.13 style.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2012, 07:34:41 am »

Is modding in weapons as simple as adding more to the weapons.xml? How do the police know which ones to pick, is it class based, IE anything under SMGs? I kinda feel like exploding the amount of guns, JA 1.13 style.

You can make weapons available in shops by editing weapons.xml and the appropriate shop xml file, but giving the police weapons can't be done through xml. It requires editing the game's source code and recompiling the game.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2012, 08:08:54 am »

You can make weapons available in shops by editing weapons.xml and the appropriate shop xml file, but giving the police weapons can't be done through xml. It requires editing the game's source code and recompiling the game.

Yeah sorry I figured that out, kind of a lame question. Thanks anyways though, I've decided to start making my own mod of this game.

I assume that damage does the listed number to the limb it happens to hit and only that limb, what is the max amount of damage a limb can take.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:08:03 pm by Vherid »

yermandu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2012, 12:36:34 pm »

Why sometimes we can not go for evil activism (F) ?
 :-\

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2012, 08:40:46 am »

I assume that damage does the listed number to the limb it happens to hit and only that limb, what is the max amount of damage a limb can take.
With an appropriate weapon, legs can be removed with 400 points of damage, arms 200, head 100 and body 1000. The damage has to been done all in one attack. The game does not keep track of damage on a character on a per limb basis except what kind of damage and when the limbs have been removed.

Why sometimes we can not go for evil activism (F) ?
Did you have a squad selected?

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2012, 12:04:14 pm »

How would I need to change the source code, in order to change key bindings, specifically the enter key?
DF is about learning from your mistakes, and then making them over and over again... on purpose.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2012, 02:42:16 pm »

How would I need to change the source code, in order to change key bindings, specifically the enter key?

Hmm, this is probably non-trivial. Question: What would you want to rebind it to?

Besserwisser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2012, 04:05:22 pm »

The key I want it rebind it to is not all that important, as long as it works with my laptop with then. Which key is not otherwise used for anything else?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2012, 04:33:53 am »

The key I want it rebind it to is not all that important, as long as it works with my laptop with then. Which key is not otherwise used for anything else?

Oh, probably lots of things. Period. Control. Backslash. Pretty sure any of those would work.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12