Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 459338 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2475 on: November 13, 2012, 08:07:13 am »

I think trying to compare Feudal Germany to Nazi Germany is a bit of a stretch.  ::)
The Germanic people have shifted their political and cultural stance more than any other race in history.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 13, 2012, 09:31:03 am »

im playing the ottomans and im currently just about holding off serbia, austria and a load of other HRE guys. serbia managed to gain a massive chunk of greece so its pretty damn big atm.

in other news GBR's provinces are defecting to me... even though GBR has an 18 stack in Turkey, it just sits there and lets the rebels go nuts.

i hit 100 prestige pretty fast, my infamy's down to about 18, so I can start thinking about expanding, and inflation is down to ~20.

sadly i just lost half my army to a rebel stack in constantinople :<

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 13, 2012, 10:18:17 am »

Do want to know how.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 13, 2012, 10:53:27 am »

I think trying to compare Feudal Germany to Nazi Germany is a bit of a stretch.  ::)

it was just a joke, not a point of an argument...

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 13, 2012, 10:57:00 am »

interestingly england has disbanded all but 3000 men... and built over 200 ships.

DAT AI

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 13, 2012, 11:00:50 am »

interestingly england has disbanded all but 3000 men... and built over 200 ships.

DAT AI

Not entirely unreasonable, assuming they already own the Isles. Except that AI probably can't micro their fleets well enough to prevent a landing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 13, 2012, 11:16:46 am »

DAT AI

Not entirely unreasonable, assuming they already own the Isles. Except that AI probably can't micro their fleets well enough to prevent a landing.

Yes, they own the isles. They also own most of france and some land in turkey(which is revolt-ridden)

EDIT: game update, just beat serbia into a pulp

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 13, 2012, 11:21:27 am »

Tell me how ou silly man.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 13, 2012, 12:03:34 pm »

DAT AI

Yes, they own the isles. They also own most of france and some land in turkey(which is revolt-ridden)

They're probably just hunting pirates. Because LOGIC. Either that or its trying to act like the player and not giving a fuck because owning that much land is annoying due to revolts everywhere.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 13, 2012, 12:12:31 pm »

Tell me how ou silly man.

By doing what everyone was telling you: cutting minting. You were at 100% minting, and have been for ~half of the game so far.

Your problem is stability, not lack of money. You have a very rich area in asia minor and you were still complaining about not having enough money. Something tells me you dont really understand stability, since when I got to +3 stability you were producing a net profit without minting ANYTHING.

The reason I'm doing so well is because I lucked out and got a +100 ducats event as well as a 6-star MoM popping.
I've now managed to fend off spain (barely) and whack Serbia again. Now its time to take the last of the eastern balkans from the Bulgarians.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 13, 2012, 01:26:36 pm »

DAT AI

They're probably just hunting pirates. Because LOGIC. Either that or its trying to act like the player and not giving a fuck because owning that much land is annoying due to revolts everywhere.

All those revolts in my poor and beloved country are Austria's fault. We were midwar, then Twiggie edited the peace terms in. I have to take my army west and break the rebels' and Castille's legs. Their excommunication of my King has been doing horrors for my prestige.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:28:25 pm by Azthor »

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 13, 2012, 01:39:39 pm »

Dagnabbit, Austria reached my borders. Need I say more?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 13, 2012, 02:59:28 pm »

I wonder, was Bavaria still allied with them?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 13, 2012, 03:13:37 pm »

All those revolts in my poor and beloved country are Austria's fault. We were midwar, then Twiggie edited the peace terms in. I have to take my army west and break the rebels' and Castille's legs. Their excommunication of my King has been doing horrors for my prestige.

I also hope you enjoyed Sabotaged Trade Routes (-50% movement speed), courtesy of Serbian bombs. :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 14, 2012, 12:26:35 pm »

"A throne inherited!"

Feels good man.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now I have to deal with crippling inflation, backwater tech, excommunication, and lack of any relations with my new Hungarian neighbors.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:28:08 pm by Rex_Nex »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 194