Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Treachery and Trickery  (Read 3300 times)

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Treachery and Trickery
« on: August 23, 2011, 06:32:55 am »

So, I created a new world that included a surface reptile man race. I was lazy and copied most of their stuff from humans and set up some ethics for them. Not the point though.. I was scanning through the legends and found two demons.

Nire Guiseriddles the Midnight of Deeps was a coati monster. He was the only one of his kind. A gigantic feather Coati twisted into humanoid form. It belchs and croaks. Its cobalt feathers are long and sparse. Beware its webs! Nire was associated with trickery treachery and lies.

4497 total kills.

14 notable ones and 4483 other kills.
329 grizzly bears in the Noiseless Murk
951 elves in the Noiseless Murk
5 camels in the Noiseless Murk
2035 elves in Agewhiskers
678 grizzly bears in Agewhiskers
194 dwarves in Agewhiskers
130 humans in Agewhiskers
58 humans in the Noiseless Murk
88 dwarves in the Noiseless Murk
5 Giant Jaguars in Agewhiskers
5 Giant Cheetahs in Agewhiskers
5 Aligators in Agewhiskers.

Thats just one of the two. The other one actually became leader of a Reptile Man civilization.

Nekut Foggyjackal the knot of puzzling was a eyeless demon. He was the only one of his kind. A great eyeless weasal twisted into humanoid form. It has a bloated body. Its pearl hair is short and even. Beware its hunger for warm blood! Nekut was associated with trickery treachery lies creation and birth.

3308 kills.

36 notable kills.

3272 other kills.
923 elves in the Hills of Incense
316 grizzly bears in the Hills of Incense
5 leopards in the Hills of Incense
10 Jaguars in the Hills of Incense
189 grizzly bears in Duneglitter
504 elves in Duneglitter
10 giant eagles in Duneglitter
10 Jaguars in Duneglitter
9 Leopards in Duneglitter
5 Moose in the Hills of Incense
5 Moose in Duneglitter
5 Camels in the Hills of Incense
277 Grizzly Bears in Tributebuds
818 elves in Tributebuds
5 Giant Badgers in Tributebuds
62 humans in Tributebuds
17 dwarves in Tributebuds
5 Giant Badgers in the Hill of Incense
3 Polar Bears in Duneglitter
52 humans in the Hills of Incense
15 dwarves in the Hills of Incense
3 Goblins in the Hills of Incense
10 lions in the Hills of Incense
Four goblins in Tributebuds
Five Jaguars in Tributebuds
Five Lions in Tributebuds

Nekut was more intresting to me then Nire. Both associated with Trickery and treachery. Nekut posed as a god to take control of a civilization. Nire simply took over after killing a goblin. Nekut also had some more intresting info in Legends. I think because of the ethics that I set for reptile men it caused him to devour people he killed. He also shot and killed a few people. So I decided to play adventure mode as a reptile man in his civilization. I met with him in a house and decided I should try and attack him for the hell of it.

Big mistake.

I miss and he stabs me twice with his iron dagger that was encrusted with black opal, decorated with yak hoof and had hanging rings of donkey bone. I decide to look at his armor then and what do I find? almost everything he has is elf hair, teeth, nail or bone. He had an elf bone crown. I get back to the fight, I keep missing and hes stabbing the life outta me. He finishes me off with a slash to the chest, causing me to pass out in pain then stabs me in the head. So I got stabbed to death by a weasal. What intrested me is he shot and killed a few people. I can only assume he would sometimes throw his knife at them with exellent results.

Anyways, just wanted to share with everyone. These two have the highest kill streak ive seen in my games.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Treachery and Trickery
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 06:36:23 am »

Train up an epic adventurer, bring along a small army and bring that reptile man town and the leader to its knees.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 06:55:12 am »

I'll have to try that later on. Though after getting stabbed in the head im going to be a bit more careful. On a side note im pretty sure almost all elves and grizzly bears are extinct after encountering Nekut and Nire.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:56:48 am »

Just don't forget to make sure you have high agility, dodging and shield skill. Dodging is insanely overpowered and with max agility and high dodging you'll be a blur to anything trying to hit you.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 07:02:36 am »

Captain America dwarf. I shall use only my shield and skills for this fight!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 07:05:44 am »

Bonus points if you can lethally throw your shield.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 07:08:24 am »

Perhaps I shall let him fight with only a hood, socks and his trusty shield. And if I can i'll try to kill him with a shield toss. Or a bandit or something..

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 09:18:40 am »

Noo, don't attack them!
Don't you see how many hippies they killed?!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 10:05:05 am »

Noo, don't attack them!
Don't you see how many hippies they killed?!
killing hippies is bad, because the more hippies they kill, the less are left for us.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 04:03:26 pm »

I know how many hippies they killed. And grizzly bears. Maybe i'll customize Nekut's class to be "Saxton Hale". Also no luck in finding Nire. Captain America dwarf will soon try to take on Nekut.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 04:09:20 pm »

No become a Goblin/ Reptile Man and end the demons rein of terror and free your people.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 04:57:22 pm »

No become a Goblin/ Reptile Man and end the demons rein of terror and free your people.

yes!

believe it or not, i've seen a few goblins beat demons in duels to free their people.

i've also noted that gobbos love to war against elves, and if lead by a decently powerful clown, said clown will rack up impressive elven kill counts.

i've spent far too much time reading legends for goblins testing out changes for my mod =\
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 05:43:49 pm »

Im still new to modding. I only know a few things.

Anyways. Update. After slaying bandits, night beasts, giants and camels I confronted Nekut. First strike, I miss he counterattacks with his elf bone crown and strikes me in the head killing me. After that I decide im going to go full force to whoop em with a new adventurer.

On a side note, both him and Nire seem to have never met, despite their hate of bears, camels and hippies. Their civs don't even know each other I think. And on the bright side i've fixed up goblins to be playable so I can actually get Nire as my king.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 08:24:05 pm »

And on the bright side i've fixed up goblins to be playable so I can actually get Nire as my king.
now if i could only figure out how to make a variable position migratable....
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 03:12:38 pm »

Good luck. Now a question.. is it possible to up the chances of having a really high kill rate for say a hydra and get Age of the Hydra? Im sure if I wiped out enough mega beasts i'd get "Age of two Demons" with my current world.
Pages: [1] 2 3