Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!  (Read 62891 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 7/7, 2/3 - Sign Ups
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 07:56:10 am »

Alrighty then!
I will start this tomorrow morning, in about seven hours time. I'm going to need some sleep.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 7/7, 3/3 - Pregame Banter
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 11:33:55 am »

Psh. Vector got lucky that Dak kept protecting her in BM1.

And I would've IC'd here if I had time to. Too many other things to do. Classes start soon. Working on RogueBot. Various amounts of video games. Also, I'm really lazy.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 12:12:35 pm »

And I would've IC'd here if I had time to. Too many other things to do. Classes start soon. Working on RogueBot. Various amounts of video games. Also, I'm really lazy.

I'd probably drop if you were ICing. Not experienced enough to go up against you, if the last game I played was any evidence.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 12:40:30 pm »

I was sort of hoping that Webadict could have joined us. Even as scum IC, he would have found some way to stir things up a bit, making the game much more interesting. He probably would have found a way to make everyone suspect Vector again with another display of their long-lived vendetta.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:12 pm »

Better yet would be having Vector as scum >:D that way I can pull a reversal and make it seem like I'm having everyone suspect Vector.

Muahaha! WIFOM runs rampant!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 01:15:57 pm »

I'd probably drop if you were ICing. Not experienced enough to go up against you, if the last game I played was any evidence.

The best way to learn is to be thrown into the fire.  You'll learn quite a bit by being harangued by Wuba.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 01:18:37 pm »

Hell, I learned a lot just by watching web play last game!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 01:21:42 pm »

The best way to learn is to be thrown into the fire.  You'll learn quite a bit by being harangued by Wuba.

I honestly don't think that bashing my head into the keyboard in rage is going to help me learn.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 02:34:40 pm »

Honestly, I learned way more than I should have from my first game, given how poorly I played it.

Damn, that was fun.  I loved it so much.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 02:48:43 pm »

My first game was a terribly frustrating experience. . . . . .

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

Day 1 - Hazards of the Trench
Today's theme song: Explosions In The Sky - Six Days At The Bottom Of The Ocean

Vindicator III, one of the most advanced research submarines ever build, designed to study aquatic life around lava vents in the pacific ocean, was going to be a pinnacle for marine biology research for many years to come. It's team of ten members, although small, were selected from some of the most elite scientists in relevant fields. That was, until things got complicated.

At around 5,200 meters down, while exploring a deep ocean trench, sudden tremors in the earth's crust sent the vessel off course and into the rocks walls of the trench. Despite being thrown around, the hull remained in tack, but the inboard emergency procedures programmed into the subs life support systems took control, and shut down the nuclear generator, to prevent a fatal melt down, leaving the sub on back up batteries and unable to make the trip back to the surface, once again proving the dangers of putting peoples lives in the hands of programmers.

Once the sub had come to a halt, nine of the crew members rushed towards the radio room, to request help from any near by ship that could send for a rescue. Inside the radio room, they found the communications officer on the ground, bleeding and crying in pain, he's right arm ripped from the socked and thrown across the room. The control panel for the radio was torn open, and wires hung out, broken and flayed. The poor man looked at he's colleges, and with terror in he's voice he whispered 'You two, you can not do this! You monsters! Your both...'

He passed out before he finished. Despite the teams best efforts, he could not be revived, and soon died. You look around at the remaining crew, nine of you left. Who was he accusing? What had happened here? And how will you survive long enough to see a rescue?

Find the two assailants, or you will never see the sky again.

Votecount

Flandre[0]:
Urist_McArathos[0]:
billybobfred[0]:
ed boy[0]:
backtobasesix[0]:
zombie urist[0]:
Orangebottle[0]:
Jim Groovester[0]:
IronyOwl[0]:

Not voting: Flandre, Urist_McArathos, billybobfred, ed boy, backtobasesix, zombie urist, Orangebottle, IronyOwl

The day will end Monday, the 22nd, 4:00 pm forum time. You need 3 votes to extend and 5 to shorten.

Just as a reminder
  • Do not PM other players, you may PM me though
  • Do not edit your posts for any reason
  • Listen to your IC's, they are here to help you!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:43 pm »

Hello, Orangebottle. Which role would you prefer between the cop and the doctor, and why?

Jim: Would you prefer to be a roleblocker, or a godfather?

Vector: You seem to be the innocent little key-lime pie. Who would you prefer to have as a scum-buddy?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 04:12:50 pm »

Vector: You seem to be the innocent little key-lime pie. Who would you prefer to have as a scum-buddy?

I am not in this game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 7/7, 3/3 - Day 1 - Hazards of the Trench
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 04:15:28 pm »

Good luck and have fun!  Go team scum!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 04:15:59 pm »

I am not in this game.
Touche. I was only testing you just now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25