Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 209671 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 56: Jobs, Broken Bones, Traveling, Lightning Show.
« Reply #1995 on: October 13, 2012, 10:30:14 am »

Merysta frowned. "Who would know more than priests or mages?" she asked one, getting more disappointed and frustrated by the moment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 13, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »

Upair looked at his mother for  some long seconds before bursting into a shortlived cry. It took him a while to calm down  and speak.
"hunting like mommy is painful." He gently nudged ay the hole in the giant birds head with his broken tail.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: October 13, 2012, 11:33:28 pm »

"I...didn't know flying to us is natural. Nobody taught me when I was very young. Just the humanoids."

Noraiah glanced around, uncertain of how to explain her leaving in the dead of...day, to father. So she did.

"Aaaand I went to the human village nearby like you let me, then visited the lake. Then flew back here and saw that waterfall.

"Sorry Father if I went too far."
she said, abashed.

Explain!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 16, 2012, 01:53:18 am »

Ask how mercenaries find work, how much they get paid, what the dangers are, and so on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: October 16, 2012, 10:17:56 pm »

Explore the cave once more.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2000 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:19 am »

"I am from the Golden Company and have been given the duty of guarding wild boars. Arillie I presume?"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.
« Reply #2001 on: October 18, 2012, 08:19:53 pm »

-I never knew it was so easy to make transparent text. All you have to do is set the 'color' to 'transparent' and voila, invisible text. Now, please don't abuse this new discovery too much.-

On another note, I've decided to leave out casus bellies until I decide otherwise. The life on this RTD already seems to look short, there is no reason to pretend to keep working on stuff I've given up on at the moment.

Merysta frowned. "Who would know more than priests or mages?" she asked one, getting more disappointed and frustrated by the moment.
They are silent, all thinking for a moment, before a young priest speaks up. "Maybe the gods?"

The simple answer soon earns the agreements of the rest of the priests. "Yes, maybe the gods know." An elder priest says to you.

Upair looked at his mother for  some long seconds before bursting into a shortlived cry. It took him a while to calm down  and speak.
"hunting like mommy is painful." He gently nudged ay the hole in the giant birds head with his broken tail.
"Hunting? What... Upair..."

Your mother takes a long sigh. "Go to your room. Let this be a lesson to you to not hunt those stronger than you. I will see what I can get to help your tail."

"And... get rid of that head, I don't want a rotting head in this cave."

"I...didn't know flying to us is natural. Nobody taught me when I was very young. Just the humanoids."

Noraiah glanced around, uncertain of how to explain her leaving in the dead of...day, to father. So she did.

"Aaaand I went to the human village nearby like you let me, then visited the lake. Then flew back here and saw that waterfall.

"Sorry Father if I went too far."
she said, abashed.

Explain!
"What?" Your father says, with a scowl on his face. He tightly closes his eyes, sighing very shallowly. "Noraiah, go to sleep. We... will talk about this tomorrow."

Ask how mercenaries find work, how much they get paid, what the dangers are, and so on.
He says that mercenaries find work by finding people who need things done, the pay varies depending on the job and person, and the danger varies based on the job.

...Sounds reasonable.

Explore the cave once more.
[3][4][5]: You explore once more. You find a blank room, a room with a few clumps of rough gems with stone still attached to most, and a room with rough but slightly smoother gems.

Ehh, could be worse.

"I am from the Golden Company and have been given the duty of guarding wild boars. Arillie I presume?"
"Uh... yes, I am Arillie. But I think you've got the whole wrong job. We don't need to guard those hellspawn, we need to keep them out of our damn fields and stockpiles."

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024: Eridor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zomara0292: Uapair (click to show/hide)

Map and Country Information:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: October 18, 2012, 10:47:24 pm »

Merysta considered this. "Do you know which one might know, or any at all?" she asked the priest, her tail flicking back and forth, sweeping across the floor to indicate her interest. "And where I can find a 'god'?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: October 18, 2012, 10:49:41 pm »

Noraiah whimpered as she thought of the outcome of her words...

It was probably better to have withheld that other part. But she did think they would be proud she got to travel to other places by herself!

Sorry Father...

Sleep. Dream!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 21, 2012, 02:50:18 am »

Ka did not like having an empty belly. He had not had an empty belly in a long, long time, and he did not like the sensation. His dislike of being found and killed by humans who didn't worship him (shocking though that concept was), however, was stronger.

Head east one square, into the kingdom of Heltia.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: October 22, 2012, 08:44:39 am »

There was little choice in the matter, so he rolled the head out of the cave went to his room, filled with gold and silver coins and items.
He tried to play with the one that his mother identified as animals, flipping them over and pretending to attack them, until he ran across some that looked frighteningly similar to the eggs of the bird he was forced to fight. Forcing him to cower and yelp out in fear.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2006 on: October 22, 2012, 10:41:41 am »

Kin immediately perked up. "'Keep them out' and not 'guarding'? How did I miss that?" He tried to remember back.
Quote from: Golden Company man
"...The main things you should be guarding against are... Wild Boars, apparently..."
"Ah. I can do that too."

"Show me where they are and I will make short work of them."

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: October 27, 2012, 01:31:59 am »

Sorry that I haven't posted a miniturn all week. I've been having problems with our network: It's impossible to open ports, thus impossible to play the B12 EU3 multiplayer game I had joined. Me and my father have been working on it since Monday, and... no juice, the ISP has no clue what is going on and neither do we, but we do strongly think it's on the ISP's side, not ours. Sigh.

Well, we've given up on actually fixing it, so I should be able to make miniturns now.

Merysta considered this. "Do you know which one might know, or any at all?" she asked the priest, her tail flicking back and forth, sweeping across the floor to indicate her interest. "And where I can find a 'god'?"
"Well, Olden is the most likely choice. He apparently knows a lot of things. But you're not going to find him or any other gods no matter how hard you try, they exist far beyond our reach. If anything, they'll find you."

"But, you can talk to them through their altars and temples if they are willing to hear you."

Noraiah whimpered as she thought of the outcome of her words...

It was probably better to have withheld that other part. But she did think they would be proud she got to travel to other places by herself!

Sorry Father...

Sleep. Dream!
Obeying your father, you leave for your room and go to sleep, worrying about the outcome of your words. Surely they would be proud, right?

When you wake up, your father calls you over to him and mother to 'talk'. His tone makes you think that your assumption might not have been true.

There was little choice in the matter, so he rolled the head out of the cave went to his room, filled with gold and silver coins and items.
He tried to play with the one that his mother identified as animals, flipping them over and pretending to attack them, until he ran across some that looked frighteningly similar to the eggs of the bird he was forced to fight. Forcing him to cower and yelp out in fear.
You fool around with the inanimate gold and silver things in your room. Yelping in fear at things that aren't even alive.

Your mother returns with a tear drop shaped glass filled with red liquid, and she puts it in front of your face. She tells you to drink the liquid inside it.

Kin immediately perked up. "'Keep them out' and not 'guarding'? How did I miss that?" He tried to remember back.
Quote from: Golden Company man
"...The main things you should be guarding against are... Wild Boars, apparently..."
"Ah. I can do that too."

"Show me where they are and I will make short work of them."
"If we knew where they were we wouldn't hire a guard." She says, apathetically. "We do know how to hunt."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: October 27, 2012, 01:39:33 am »

"Olden... is there an altar to him here? And what is he God of?" Merysta asked, figuring it was a title of some sort like King or Duke or whatever. If the priest directed her to one, she'd take the Thing there and place it on the altar to see what would happen.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: October 27, 2012, 01:59:54 am »

"Olden... is there an altar to him here? And what is he God of?" Merysta asked, figuring it was a title of some sort like King or Duke or whatever. If the priest directed her to one, she'd take the Thing there and place it on the altar to see what would happen.
"His temple is located one level of the city above ours. It should look somewhat like our temple."

"He's the god of Magic, Literature, language, Paper, and I believe Elves?" The priest says, looking towards another priest.

"Yes, Elves. He is indeed our god." Another priest responds. His ears are pointy, and his face is somewhat unusual compared to those of the other priests.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136