Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210688 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 38: Of stealth, jumping, and hazardous temples.
« Reply #1125 on: February 28, 2012, 09:14:45 pm »

"Gah! You arrogant... Hmfh. I'll take your word for it. Wouldn't know what to do with any of the weeds anyway." Scientia pauses as another obelisk goes up in smoke. "You said you could do this under your own power. How would you go about doing it in that method?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 28, 2012, 09:19:09 pm »

For waitlist, my schedule should finally be able to accommodate it.

Spoiler: Ka (click to show/hide)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 28, 2012, 09:27:07 pm »

"Gah! You arrogant... Hmfh. I'll take your word for it. Wouldn't know what to do with any of the weeds anyway." Scientia pauses as another obelisk goes up in smoke. "You said you could do this under your own power. How would you go about doing it in that method?"
"Are you seriously are asking this question of a high priest of the god of magic? Simple, I blast the monoliths with a large blast of raw Stability magic, the opposite of Chaos magic."

She turns to a monolith and shouts magic words, pointing at the monolith. Suddenly, a white bolt hits the monolith, and while it does not destroy it instantly, it destroys the Chaos quickly, which destabilizes the monolith, and causes it to break apart by itself.

(Quick question from an observer: is there liquid in the soup bowl? If so, Irony should totally try drinking it. >.>)
No liquid.

For waitlist, my schedule should finally be able to accommodate it.
Yay you're back... To the waiting list. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 28, 2012, 09:29:37 pm »

(Awww.... not even rainwater? OK... ;.; )
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 28, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »

"Seeing as I had no idea 'stability' magic even existed, nor had any idea what Olden was even a god of, nor that you were that powerful of a high priest, I think it was a pretty good question." Scientia noted as she made a slight step to the left, away from the woman. "If you must know, there's still quite a lot I don't know about many things. Magic, gods, and the fact that you could do" Scientia guestured at the destroyed obelisk "that among them. Excuse me for the lack of a draconic school, I'm afraid the concept didn't go down well with the leader of the union that we don't have."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 28, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »

"Now, you done shouting at me or am I going to have to get a rock to sit on? Mmmh? Because we've still got plenty of monoliths to clean up thank you very much."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 28, 2012, 11:01:55 pm »

Say hello to statue. If it doesn't respond, pick up spoon and poke at bottom of bowl with it. Maybe think of rat stew while I do so.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 28, 2012, 11:15:33 pm »

"I believe the correct term is 'sarcasm', but yes, I'm pretty much done for now." Wait until they finish up at the big clearing. Head with them to the lesser clearing.

While traveling:
"Hmm, it occurs to me that I should probably get some type of reward for bringing your attention to these monoliths. Oh, I'm sure that you would have found out on your own time, but I suspect the local ecosystem would have been much more damaged by then."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 28, 2012, 11:18:13 pm »

This is no good, all I'm doing is going in circles. Who the hell is this dragon and what is he doing here. This is MY area, well mine and mothers, but still, I've only just seen this dragon now, I can't let him just roam around on his own. I've got to do something.

Roar out a challenge at the intruder, and try to make myself look big when asking who he is and why he is here...

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 29, 2012, 01:39:31 am »

Oh joy, im outside and everthings greener, ... but i want to get out of here: get out of town/village
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 29, 2012, 02:00:53 am »

Say hello to statue. If it doesn't respond, pick up spoon and poke at bottom of bowl with it. Maybe think of rat stew while I do so.
You say hello to the statue.

"Hello!" You hear in a kind response. The voice is female.

"I believe the correct term is 'sarcasm', but yes, I'm pretty much done for now." Wait until they finish up at the big clearing. Head with them to the lesser clearing.

While traveling:
"Hmm, it occurs to me that I should probably get some type of reward for bringing your attention to these monoliths. Oh, I'm sure that you would have found out on your own time, but I suspect the local ecosystem would have been much more damaged by then."
You follow them. You request a reward.

You earn a annoyed glare from the female and a disappointed look from the male.

"I had assumed having these monoliths removed was a reward already. I'm not sure it makes sense for a man to pay for removing mice from another's house just because he hates mice. But you dragons..." She trails off.

The male throws a bag of gold at you, saying nothing. The priestess looks at her companion for a second but says nothing either.

This is no good, all I'm doing is going in circles. Who the hell is this dragon and what is he doing here. This is MY area, well mine and mothers, but still, I've only just seen this dragon now, I can't let him just roam around on his own. I've got to do something.

Roar out a challenge at the intruder, and try to make myself look big when asking who he is and why he is here...

You roar out at the intruder. You try to look big. It's failing. He's magnitudes larger than you. You ask him who he is and why he is here.

"My name is Kelonix. I am Elendrita's... new husband. And assuming that there was an egg last time I was here, you're her son, correct?"

Oh joy, im outside and everthings greener, ... but i want to get out of here: get out of town/village
Much to the surprise of the human populace, you run out of the village and into the forest.

...Um... okay, maybe this is a bad idea. You're extremely vulnerable as a baby and cannot fly. And you just alerted the entire town of your presence.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 02:02:54 am by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 29, 2012, 02:10:35 am »

No one home!

Anthramarux reached forward to open the door.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 29, 2012, 04:56:36 am »

No one home!

Anthramarux reached forward to open the door.
As you open the door, the rush of the dry, stale air cracks a old scale on your face.

Inside, is a large, massive... temple place. Look, you've seen christian chapels in real life right? It's the same. Only at the end there is a massive altar slab made of a metal entirely foreign to you. As a damn smart dragon, that's pretty rare.

To the right and left, arches lead to countless other rooms.

The temple is lighted by... uhhh... well, you don't know. It's just lighted. According to the shadows, there should be a light source coming from the altar and the top of the entrance, but there's nothing bright coming from either.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 29, 2012, 05:16:55 am »

Anthramarux walked up to the probably empty temple and bellowed a challenge.

"Are there any who would come Forth? As if you would contest me! I am here by the Will of Tarran himself!"

Hearing no immediate answer, she snorted, and whomped forward to the altar. Not being much for prayers, she murmured something...

"Helllooo?

Tarran-God of All, Anthramarux the Dragoness has come to your shrine!

I believe I was promised SWEET ROLLS?"

Much like the door before, she stood on the altar and knocked on it three times, assuming in her mind, that they were similar.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 29, 2012, 05:51:46 am »

Husband. Jargon knew that word from some of the books he read, but he didn't have a good enough grasp on it to fully understand. The big red obviously knew his mother, but the little one wasn't about to just let him do as he likes. "How do I know you aren't lying to steal away with our treasure?"
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 136