Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599059 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12600 on: April 21, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »

Wasn't there an MTG RPG?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: April 21, 2016, 09:22:56 pm »

Kinda sorta.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: April 22, 2016, 07:27:30 am »

Yeah, it was Shandalar and it's still pretty great!
You run around an overworld where you can see enemy "wizards" (usually monsters or brigands) and duel them if they run into you.  You win cards from them, or buy cards from the various cities.

The goal is to delve into dungeons and eventually defeat the corrupted archmages who represent the 5 colors.  Meanwhile I think they're... slowly establishing mana-taps which are evil things on the overworld which feed a ritual which will eventually summon a planeswalker, I think.

But yeah you build your library and roam around color-coded lands trying to stop this from happening.  The art is really nice.  I actually mostly played the demo growing up, which allowed unlimited duels and restricted you to one mana color at a time.

I cannot tell you how to get it but it wasn't hard, I don't think it is now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: April 22, 2016, 08:30:31 am »

There was also MTG: Battlegrounds, that was... odd. As in, they tried (and to some degree managed to) turn the card game into real-time stuff. You could even have your character cross the "board" (though you took damage if you stayed in the opponent's side for more than a second) and physically hit the enemy player. And the final boss openly cheated (the game even told you right before the battle), being able to use every single "card" in the game at any time without paying mana because fuck the player (though you could pretty much break his AI by spamming two different 1-cost creatures nonstop for some reason).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: April 24, 2016, 11:29:59 pm »

Finally got a stable Skyrim lol. I had a stable Skyrim before I reinstalled, but then after installing Skyrim again it took ages to get it to a good point with good performance and no crashes.

Also, my game looks NOTHING like vanilla Skyrim rofl.

you can see, even my character looks nothing like Skyrim or Elder Scrolls at all :P

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/604160/?

But that is the point of modding :) To change the game to a game one wants to play, instead of one developers want you to play. The way I modded Skyrim is exactly what I want in a game, so its probably why I still play it after all these years and I abandon most other games. Dwarf fortress too, I can get mods and mod it to how I want to play DF (as an epic very OP necromancer (or liche actually) leading huge undead fortresses and being super OP and easymode.). In any case, most probably won't like the anime-ish style character, but oh well lol. I noticed on the asian Skyrim fansites and mod sites, they always change Skyrim into an anime game too lol. But they always have to ban westerners from their sites cause they always cry about them destroying lore and ruining Skyrim (even though Skyrim is singleplayer and has no effect on anyone elses game when you mod it lol). :P

Should see all the hate I get when I post my screenshots on Reddit rofl. A bunch of people crying how I ruined their Skyrim...guess my mods are so powerful they somehow effect their Skyrim even though its only singleplayer :P
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:33:34 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: April 25, 2016, 06:08:30 am »

So Basically:
Still doing the same thing I've been doing every time I post in this thread.
I mean at this point if I had looked at the last poster's name beforehand I wouldn't have had to even check the thread, I would have known exactly what happened.

Should see all the hate I get when I post my screenshots on Reddit rofl. A bunch of people crying how I ruined their Skyrim...guess my mods are so powerful they somehow effect their Skyrim even though its only singleplayer :P
I don't care that you animu your game up, more power to you, but ever think the hate might be because you spend roughly 3x as much time flooding the internet with screenshots from it as you do actually playing the game? :P

I mean don't spend all your free time shoving your stuff into other peoples faces and then be confused when they're put off by it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12606 on: April 25, 2016, 06:16:33 am »

Its a very pretty angel/stripper thing you have there. Her nails are a bit terrifying though.

Also are you okay Vendayn? I think that was a record number of 'lol', 'rofl' and smiley faces even for you.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: April 29, 2016, 04:07:14 pm »

I was pretty annoyed when I posted that day, since me and my friend's xbox360 saves got corrupted after 250 hours (he was at 259 hours, I was at 251). We sorta co-op Skyrim together on Xbox360, because can't really do that on a PC. And its A LOT easier with two TVs and sitting next to each other, and a lot more fun to us. Plus his PC isn't very good.

But, I do legit think all the hate on Reddit is hilarious, all it makes me want to post more on Reddit :P I learned from Youtube, the haters gonna hate, but keep putting videos up anyway. Plus all the trolls and hate on MMORPG.com pretty much made me immune to trolling and hate, and makes me laugh at it. In fact, I probably wouldn't even post as much on Reddit if they just didn't post anything at all. But it makes me laugh a lot, like when a new Youtuber tries to get somewhere on Youtube, but all he/she gets is hate comments. Its how...Jacksepticeye put it in one of his videos (if you seen him). All the hate he got early on (and he got a lot), made him more determined to do more videos. Now he has over a million subscribers, and is a huge youtube success.

I'm really not bothered by it at all, it really makes me laugh a lot cause its hilarious.

Also, my website has earned my dad over 600 dollars this month selling my presets, screenshots, various mods, and various other things. One reason I take a lot of screenshots and make various characters, is because my dad sells them to people who want them. Its all under my dad's name though. If I did NOT do that, I'd be homeless, because my disability pays a tiny fraction of what rent in california is, and dad needs the extra boost to pay rent here. If I get a job, I'd get LESS than my disability, (and my disability already pays little...broken system lol) and I'd also lose my disability benefits. I can't earn any extra income at all, so dad is the one who sells my Skyrim stuff, I just make it. So while bethesda probably doesn't like it, oh well...I'd be homeless otherwise, and my parents would too. We'd be living in a campground somewhere, scrounging up money we can. So an extra couple hundred (which is what dad usually gets from my skyrim website), really helps a lot.

Anyway...as you guys probably expect by now :P more of Leilani :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/604900/?

A change to her hair style, and a different hair color.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:11:30 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: April 29, 2016, 04:24:37 pm »

Sheesh.

(EDIT: Just realized the ambiguity of this post, so I just want to clarify I didn't intend anything negative)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:22:20 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: April 29, 2016, 04:31:20 pm »

Sheesh.

yeah, its a good way for my dad to earn money. He can't get work as a programmer, because a lot of it got sent to cheaper places outside the US where they work for a lot cheaper, and he'd have to compete at a really low price. So he runs his own business (and does make more than he would programming, but not as much as before it went overseas), so my skyrim site that he sells my stuff I make helps a lot. If it wasn't for that, like I said, we'd be homeless. And I can't get a job either because of my disability.

But hope you guys like Leilani. :) She is my favorite character I have.

And yeah, half my time in Skyrim is taking screenshots and playing it like The Sims. But everyone has their own way of playing games.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12610 on: April 29, 2016, 04:47:45 pm »

Well glad to hear you're doing alright then and that's awesome that your skyrim stuff is doing well. :)

Leilani is lovely but her nails still scare the hell out of me.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: April 29, 2016, 04:52:32 pm »

Well glad to hear you're doing alright then and that's awesome that your skyrim stuff is doing well. :)

Leilani is lovely but her nails still scare the hell out of me.

thanks :) I am tbh, having a lot of issues in real life because of money, and dad losing his job. So my posts may be different than they used to. And then, games help me relax, but having the xbox360 saves corrupt for both my friend's save and mine really pissed me off that day. Ending on a good note, it helps a lot having my friend support us and help cheer me up. He is a really good friend. :)

I think I may see about changing her nails. I find them too long. I'll have to learn how to edit them to...not so long. I did always have an issue with her nails. But someone put it, that her long nails can act as a weapon/claw of sorts and may be realistic for skyrim. Especially if I decide to make her a werewolf...then I guess it definitely be realistic then :P Thanks for the comment :)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: April 29, 2016, 05:47:25 pm »

Make her a vampire, with a mod that makes vampirism not ruin her face, and then she'll be beautiful forever. ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: April 30, 2016, 02:09:33 am »

AND NOW I AM BECOME THE DOUCHEBAG
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: April 30, 2016, 06:11:14 am »

AND NOW I AM BECOME THE DOUCHEBAG
THE ANNOYER OF WORLDS
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 896