Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599292 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11625 on: December 03, 2014, 10:01:49 am »

I use the Death Alternative which also solves immersion-breaking quicksave-reload, but in the opposite way.  The PC wakes up unconscious outside or in a nearby temple, probably missing valuable items.  I think there are some special "We rescued you now do this quest for us" things but I haven't died much since I got it. 

That's partially because it gives you the follower-like ability of falling to one knee for a while at 0HP.  If the enemies don't finish you off in that state (which results in unconsciousness and item loss) then you get back up with a sliver of health and a long cooldown.  It's kind of generous, though, since enemies tend to target my companion (if he's still up) instead of focusing on me while I'm down.
I installed this mod, along with Dead is Dead, and I have to say I'm liking the result. Immediate permadeath, I feel, is too punishing in a game where a seemingly unimposing enemy can suddenly take away all of your health with a single strike. But this strikes a nice balance, I think.

Might mess with the settings to make my bleedout bar drop faster, though. I got downed once and sat there while an enemy beat the carp out of me for several seconds, then managed to get up right before the bleedout bar was depleted and ran away. :P

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: December 03, 2014, 10:51:16 am »

Every time I stop by this thread it makes me want to pick up the game again. But every time I do, I spend the next 2 weeks installing mods and getting them to work, before I even spend 1 hour ingame. And by that time, I don't fancy playing it anymore. :(

Oh the curse of moddable TES games... sigh.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: December 03, 2014, 11:24:47 am »

I started back with my Nord hitty-things hero character last night, and found that he was unable to sneak.  Moved over to the Altmer sneaky glowy bastard character, had the same problem.  Hitting the sneak button did nothing.

Anyone encounter this problem before?  Any fixes?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: December 03, 2014, 01:51:28 pm »

I started back with my Nord hitty-things hero character last night, and found that he was unable to sneak.  Moved over to the Altmer sneaky glowy bastard character, had the same problem.  Hitting the sneak button did nothing.

check your sneak key binding.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: December 03, 2014, 03:28:58 pm »

My life in Skyrim:

Overload it with graphics and gameplay mods
Spend 2-3 weeks getting it to work
Get a bug free game
PC can't handle it
Give up because my PC isn't good enough
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: December 03, 2014, 03:30:15 pm »

check your sneak key binding.

Still the Ctrl key.  I know there is a bug that keeps sneaking on, and another bug that makes the eye disappear.  Maybe both bugs together?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: December 03, 2014, 04:28:48 pm »

Are there any mods to remove the slow-mo kill shots and bloodspatter, or generally take the game down to a T rating? I really like open-world RPGs, but slo-mo irritates me and I don't want bloodspatter.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11632 on: December 03, 2014, 05:45:53 pm »

Are there any mods to remove the slow-mo kill shots and bloodspatter, or generally take the game down to a T rating? I really like open-world RPGs, but slo-mo irritates me and I don't want bloodspatter.
Quick search on the workshop found this mod which removes the kill shots, and this one which removes blood splatter from your screen.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: December 03, 2014, 08:01:54 pm »

Might mess with the settings to make my bleedout bar drop faster, though. I got downed once and sat there while an enemy beat the carp out of me for several seconds, then managed to get up right before the bleedout bar was depleted and ran away. :P

This add-on to death alternate may interest you.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: December 03, 2014, 08:08:11 pm »

This add-on to death alternate may interest you.
THANK YOU. This is perfect!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: December 03, 2014, 08:57:42 pm »

Hey everyone.  If we assemble a mod list, not including EMBs(?) and the such, we could use this.  Heck, if you provide a listing of weapons and armor you want, and make sure your inventory only includes those, may be able to get the people to the place to save them before the game crashes from errors.

Either way, I, for one, would enjoy having dungeon delving with other Bay 12 members' characters.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: December 03, 2014, 11:16:24 pm »

Well, my main one is 100% vanilla, so no mods required there. He's carrying overpowered exploity enchanted things, though. So, would we pass around a save file on dropbox or something?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: December 03, 2014, 11:40:44 pm »

Hey everyone.  If we assemble a mod list, not including EMBs(?) and the such, we could use this.  Heck, if you provide a listing of weapons and armor you want, and make sure your inventory only includes those, may be able to get the people to the place to save them before the game crashes from errors.

Either way, I, for one, would enjoy having dungeon delving with other Bay 12 members' characters.

Thank you, man! just now saw this mod. Never knew of it, and now I will probably use it forever. But anyway, this is the best mod I've seen for this game so-far, basically creates an awesome persistent world filled with all of your own awesome characters :D

On a side note, been playing Dead is Dead mode, without the mod, because the mod unfortunately makes my game lag like hell. Anyway, I have already gone through 2 characters, because I've modded my game to be REALLY difficult, and man, does it actually make me think of what to do next, instead of doing stuff recklessly.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: December 03, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »

So, I went back to one of my older overhauls I did (I noticed it has over 50k downloads lol, it was 2nd one I made out of the 5 attempts). The first one played good too, but it was kinda boring and bland. And...what to do you know...its actually more playable than anything I did after it. I get a lot more FPS with it...a lot less lag/jerkiness...more mods (238 total)...and...it looks better? No idea how I did it. It has a lot more script mods, looks great and plays better...yet everything I tried (with almost NO script mods and a LOT less mods) after kept failing and bad FPS. Heck, even expanded towns and cities is playable and it never was in any of my future overhaul attempts.

Guess my 2nd overhaul is the one I should have just stuck with LOL. Only reason I remade it, was too much XXX stuff...but guess everyone I uploaded it thinks its hilarious and can just turn it all off anyway. Easy enough to turn it off, and there is still tons of gameplay. With it all off, I get 40-50 FPS in exteriors (all my other overhauls I got 20-30 FPS and CTDs everywhere)...

Even did a speed run, dropped to 20 FPS lowest ...but no crashes in high timescale and zooming everywhere.

Guess I must have hit a sweet spot in mods in my 2nd overhaul...cause like I said...my 3rd/4th and 5th overhauls had WAY less mods and I avoided all the script heavy mods...and they all played worse. Hilarious lol.

(edit: Wonder if some of the script mods I'm using optimize the game somehow. In all my overhauls, I use the SKSE memory patch+ENB boost+safety load. I don't add any other performance/stability mods at all...but only the most script heavy overhaul (the 2nd one I made) was playable at all. The 1st used a ton of scripts too and played a lot better. I use about same mods in each, but after the 2nd I went with less is more and very little scripts (one overhaul had no script mods at all). One only had 150 mods, none script related and played terribly. I don't understand lol...oh well...maybe the world will never know...)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:47:19 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: December 04, 2014, 02:19:28 pm »

I tired downloading that big arse anime mod, it stalled off around 66%... I remember to pause and start it again every now again and it'll move like half a percent each time.  Its at 68% now, roughly.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 896