Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602109 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10035 on: January 14, 2014, 06:49:34 pm »

What you need, is a vampire overhaul mod.
I recommend Better Vampires and Royal Bloodline.
I agree with Xantalos. I already had BV, just downloaded RB and gonna give it a shot. It just might be what I need to boost my vampire pc on par with all those werewolfs and shit running around (Immersive Creatures + Immersive Patrols + Deadly Monsters + SSS = nights are full of Fun and Games).

Hell, you can suck people dry all over a city and there's pretty much zero response as long as you aren't caught doing it.
But with little effort with mod settings you can simulate some reactions. Better Vampires allowes you to choose number of Vigilants that randomly attack you (disguise or no) even in the middle of towns, so you can adjust it according to your actions. Immersive Patrols has plugin to enable Dawnguard patrols that can be a challenge if you're not just powergaming your way trough. I havent found mod that would enable/alter that kind of things for me or alter guard numbers on the fly, so I usually RP it "smart" by feeding on bandits (somewhat dangerous) and picking beggars from the streets (just pathetic) or try to live with constant threat of vigilant assault when I'm out to sell my loot. Which can lead to some interesting RP...
Using vampirified Calixto as meatshield to distract Vigilant Hunter Duo to make my escape to the sewers after they intervined in the end of Blood On Ice? I think there's an opportunity for some role play, with little effort from the player.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: January 14, 2014, 07:19:44 pm »

I recommend a Kajit vampire lord. Then with the beast ring and dat poison damage you can get more unarmed damage.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: January 15, 2014, 08:21:19 am »

I recommend a Kajit vampire lord. Then with the beast ring and dat poison damage you can get more unarmed damage.
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Khajit are worst vampires. As are Bosmer. Both races already have some of the big vampire abilities (night eye for kitties, poison/disease resist for hippies.

Go Dunmer for vampires, it helps balance out that fire weakness thing.

Also yes those mods are great.

I recently figured out the Script Extender (I was putting it in the data folder like a normal mod, not supposed to do that.) and SkyUI and those make things nice.
Although I personally am pretty meh on the changes SkyUI made to the menus and such. They were fine before :( but it adds the ModConfigMenu so its kinda a necessary evil.

Anyway on the topic of mods, does anyone use the Imps More Complex Needs mod(s)? I downloaded it and all the dlc patches and it crashed my game immediately.
Am I only supposed to have the most current patch and not use all the other ones? If so which is most current? Or perhaps I just have the load order screwed up?

What I WANT to do is figure that out and add Frostfall, for SERIOUS IMMERSION. EDIT: oh and that Better/3D Followers thing.
I'm turning into a full on immersion/realism whore :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: January 15, 2014, 10:22:54 am »

Not sure where you get the idea that Bosmer are hippies...

Actually, considering that they're cannibalistic tree-loving elves, I guess something like that? They only really care about plants in Valenwood, though.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: January 15, 2014, 10:28:40 am »

Actually, considering that they're cannibalistic tree-loving elves, I guess something like that? They only really care about plants in Valenwood, though.
So.. DF hippies then.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: January 15, 2014, 10:29:50 am »

But BFEL, I'm not talking about vampires, I'm talking about unarmed damage!
All that sweet sweet unarmed damage.
Sig! Onol

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:30 am »

If you just want the MCM, you may find this mod of interest. I had a good laugh about a mod that exists specifically to sabotage another mod, but I suppose there is an audience for it. Even if I don't understand why (I just happen to like SkyUI).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: January 15, 2014, 10:48:40 am »

So.. DF hippies then.

Yeah, but they don't complain if you're chopping down trees unless you're chopping down their trees. Hell, the first one you see in Skyrim chops logs as a profession.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: January 15, 2014, 10:53:54 am »

If you just want the MCM, you may find this mod of interest. I had a good laugh about a mod that exists specifically to sabotage another mod, but I suppose there is an audience for it. Even if I don't understand why (I just happen to like SkyUI).
Thank you! I also had a laugh at it, its kinda hilarious.

As for why, SkyUI menus just look less "natural" then the normal ones. In vanilla your inventory looks like an inventory, in SkyUI it looks like a spreadsheet.

But BFEL, I'm not talking about vampires, I'm talking about unarmed damage!
All that sweet sweet unarmed damage.
And I'm talking about optimization. If you REALLY want ridonkeylicious unarmed damage take the armored fist perk or whatever its called and run over some gauntlets with the crafting cycle till you do 8 billion damage per hit. And can run around wearing nothing but a pair of gloves and still get the full armor bonus.
Because hilarity.
EDIT: Actually, expanding on that idea, I think theres something in the base game relating to giants that means any damage is delivered after death as knockback. That's why you go flying when a giant kills you, because it does crazy damage...now if you could get this to work with your fists.....*punches Alduin into space* GO EAT SOMEONE ELSES WORLD!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:57:55 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: January 15, 2014, 10:58:55 am »

Dragon Soul Relinquishment is a mod that (amongst other things) allow you to swap dragon souls for PUNCHING POWAH. I would very much recommend it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: January 15, 2014, 11:03:53 am »

Well yeah, but I meant without exploits. Those are for magic, not regular punching.
Sig! Onol

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: January 15, 2014, 11:37:35 am »

Way of the Monk mod. I highly reccomend it. Not only does it add an unarmed "skill" but also an unarmored one.

EDIT: Apparently no longer updated, but should still work.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:39:07 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: January 15, 2014, 11:39:57 am »

Did somebody mod in Cherno Alpha armor so I can be Choo Choo Cherno and punch the face of my enemies in the face?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: January 15, 2014, 11:41:02 am »

More importantly, kaiju mod.
Sig! Onol

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: January 15, 2014, 12:38:53 pm »

More importantly, kaiju mod.
Yo. I've only not installed it because the bugs look kind of annoying. As in glitches, not insects (if there are any of those, that would be pretty great).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 896