Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1602009 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4185 on: January 02, 2012, 01:33:19 am »

You'd think a dragon turd would be worth more

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: January 02, 2012, 01:36:22 am »

The Tytanis Mod is adding Hunger and Thirst to the Mod next update. So eating and Drinking will become important. Prob add Sleep needed too...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: January 02, 2012, 01:37:45 am »

The Tytanis Mod is adding Hunger and Thirst to the Mod next update. So eating and Drinking will become important. Prob add Sleep needed too...

Oh fuck yes, finally a reason to grab horker meat.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: January 02, 2012, 01:46:01 am »

Jesus Christ, really? How the hell is that even possible this early?

Regardless, hopefully Tytanis will/is highly customizable. That's one of the things that worry me about it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: January 02, 2012, 02:00:58 am »

Really?? Shit, I was thinking I wasted 1000 septims. Thanks.

Yup. Also, to get to your horse quickly, just dump all your heavy stuff into a nearby container and fast travel to wherever you are to make your horse magically teleport there too. I'm pretty sure nothing happens to your stuff until the cell resets itself, and (while I can't remember the exact number) that takes a few days.

I mean, you probably already noticed the teleporting horse things, I just wanted to add that you have nothing to fear from dumping all your stuff in a container while you get the horse, as long as you don't go on long sidetracks while you're at it.
Love, scriver~

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: January 02, 2012, 02:05:06 am »

RIGHT THANK YOU

I was actually going to try walking to the place I thought I last fast travelled to to see if my horse was still there. That idea helps. derp.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: January 02, 2012, 02:06:54 am »

Really?? Shit, I was thinking I wasted 1000 septims. Thanks.

Yup. Also, to get to your horse quickly, just dump all your heavy stuff into a nearby container and fast travel to wherever you are to make your horse magically teleport there too. I'm pretty sure nothing happens to your stuff until the cell resets itself, and (while I can't remember the exact number) that takes a few days.

I mean, you probably already noticed the teleporting horse things, I just wanted to add that you have nothing to fear from dumping all your stuff in a container while you get the horse, as long as you don't go on long sidetracks while you're at it.
I have done two things so far.
1: Took everything from the Helgen Keep start up and dumpped them outside the cave to follow the storyline to the village. Ran back before the next morning to collect them, they were all there.
2: Left all my shit in a Barrel outside the Warmaiden's Shop in Whiterun. Got lost on the otherside of the Country and still had it there when I finally came back...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: January 02, 2012, 02:20:20 am »

In unrelated news, there are already, like, 3 DF mods for TES

I would make one, but ^

So, I'm going to make some stuff. I'm going to start with some interactions that are related to some lore issues; first is CHIM.

Since I have no freaking idea how to do interactions, because there's no way to test them nor is there a way to do some sort of string dump, this is the best I could make on the spot:

Code: [Select]
[code]
[INTERACTION:CHIM]
[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the secret of being in the imagination of a sleeping god-head]
[IS_SPHERE:FATE]
[IS_SECRET_GOAL:no freaking idea] I put this in because I don't know any secret goals. Perhaps it could be KNOWLEDGE, but I don't know if that's a thing.

[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE] This means that it can be taught from deities, I believe. Probably not well enough good. I forgot how to say what I meant there. Huh.

[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]I think this means that it can be found through normal research, which may be how Vivec found it. Maybe it involved the heart of Lorkhan. Heck, Talos's power might have come from being an avatar of Lorkhan. So two sides to every story???

[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/sermons_chim.txt] I think that this means that it may be read to learn the secret. It doesn't really fit with the whole "only certain people who have a particular ego can work it" thing unless I had an extra "chance-to-die" thing to the syndrome, but oh well.
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL] I'm not sure if I should have this...
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[70%_CHANCE_OF_DEATH] pseudocode for later, I want there to be a 70% chance of ceasing to exist (abstracted as what is probably suffocating, honestly) for one who discovers the secret, to represent zero-summing.
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]

Of course, that's just the base interaction. No, the important part is the interactions that one who has CHIM would be able to do.

To put it as simply as possible, CHIM is a state in which one is essentially omnipotent. Two people are known to have achieved CHIM: Vivec and Talos. I say Talos and not Tiber Septim because, well, it's interesting :P.

Spoiler: derpy personal stuff (click to show/hide)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: January 02, 2012, 02:38:19 am »

Suffocating isn't the death you want for zero-summing, you want something that leaves no body. Maybe suddenly being 10000 degrees would work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: January 02, 2012, 03:07:43 am »

Suffocating isn't the death you want for zero-summing, you want something that leaves no body. Maybe suddenly being 10000 degrees would work.

If there was a way to cull the zero-summed creature from legends mode entirely, I would, but alas.

Yeah, finding a way to have it as no body is my main issue right now. I have no idea how I would do that effect, even with the expanded syndrome system the next update offers.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: January 02, 2012, 04:16:00 am »

In unrelated news, there are already, like, 3 DF mods for TES

I would make one, but ^

So, I'm going to make some stuff. I'm going to start with some interactions that are related to some lore issues; first is CHIM.

Since I have no freaking idea how to do interactions, because there's no way to test them nor is there a way to do some sort of string dump, this is the best I could make on the spot:

Code: [Select]
[code]
[INTERACTION:CHIM]
[I_SOURCE:SECRET]
[IS_NAME:the secret of being in the imagination of a sleeping god-head]
[IS_SPHERE:FATE]
[IS_SECRET_GOAL:no freaking idea] I put this in because I don't know any secret goals. Perhaps it could be KNOWLEDGE, but I don't know if that's a thing.

[IS_SECRET:SUPERNATURAL_LEARNING_POSSIBLE] This means that it can be taught from deities, I believe. Probably not well enough good. I forgot how to say what I meant there. Huh.

[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RESEARCH_POSSIBLE]I think this means that it can be found through normal research, which may be how Vivec found it. Maybe it involved the heart of Lorkhan. Heck, Talos's power might have come from being an avatar of Lorkhan. So two sides to every story???

[IS_SECRET:MUNDANE_RECORDING_POSSIBLE:objects/text/book_instruction.txt:objects/text/sermons_chim.txt] I think that this means that it may be read to learn the secret. It doesn't really fit with the whole "only certain people who have a particular ego can work it" thing unless I had an extra "chance-to-die" thing to the syndrome, but oh well.
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_REQUIRES:MORTAL] I'm not sure if I should have this...
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_LEARN]
[IT_REQUIRES:CAN_SPEAK]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[70%_CHANCE_OF_DEATH] pseudocode for later, I want there to be a 70% chance of ceasing to exist (abstracted as what is probably suffocating, honestly) for one who discovers the secret, to represent zero-summing.
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]

Of course, that's just the base interaction. No, the important part is the interactions that one who has CHIM would be able to do.

To put it as simply as possible, CHIM is a state in which one is essentially omnipotent. Two people are known to have achieved CHIM: Vivec and Talos. I say Talos and not Tiber Septim because, well, it's interesting :P.

Spoiler: derpy personal stuff (click to show/hide)
i think i just laid an egg.
then my head blow.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: January 02, 2012, 07:18:18 am »

Hi guys, Skyrim is 33% off on Steam and I am considering to grab it. Is it worth purchasing considering the bugs? Also will I lose anything by not purchasing the retail DVD version?

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: January 02, 2012, 07:41:35 am »

It's worth getting, and you don't lose anything by not getting the DVD version, except the map that you probably don't get anyways because you didn't pre-order (since that was supposed to be a pre-order bonus, I think). That said, you don't gain anything in the steam version over the DVD version either - they're exactly the same except you avoid the long download with the DVD version (aside from patches). Although personally I essentially paid for mine by trading in wii games that I wasn't playing anymore (which is something you can't do with steam, obviously).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: January 02, 2012, 12:13:47 pm »

So I played a new character, going for a stealth build this time. I do the first few quests for the companions and get sent on a quest to kill some falmers. And then it turns out their leader has a friggin dwarf zenturion as a bodyguard. WUT.

Any ideas on how to do this? I already tried abusing a nearby door together with bow sneak attacks, but the leader heals himself when I lower his health too much.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: January 02, 2012, 12:37:48 pm »

So I played a new character, going for a stealth build this time. I do the first few quests for the companions and get sent on a quest to kill some falmers. And then it turns out their leader has a friggin dwarf zenturion as a bodyguard. WUT.

Any ideas on how to do this? I already tried abusing a nearby door together with bow sneak attacks, but the leader heals himself when I lower his health too much.
oh i know exactly where are you. Visited that place with my mage and my dual wielding ork. Ork got his ass handed to him by the boss spells, mage by the centurion bodyguard lol. eventualy i killed them by rushing in, killing the falmer boss and then exploiting Centurion's lack of mobility and glitchy movement. still this was one of the hardest fights ive been thru. encounters with any dragon is a cakewalk compared to it.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 896